Luis Enrique

M

matheusemp

It's only me, or im much more worried about this game than the previous against atleti? Now they had the time to fix their tatics and learn how we play

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Gabi, Gamez, Giminez, Godin, Griezmann all played a tough 90 mins against Real only two/three days earlier

F

Flavia

Gabi, Gamez, Giminez, Godin, Griezmann all played a tough 90 mins against Real only two/three days earlier

Griezmann didn't play 90 minutes. Their key players were rested. That win wasn't because they were tired, they were simply outclassed. And their game against rm was 4 days earlier. We had one day less of rest too.

F

Flavia

I'm not saying that as an excuse for them,I said it will be harder this time.

It might be, but not for them being tired, because they were not. Simeone will adjust his tactics, and park a different bus this time.

G

Gasgas

It will definitely be harder than the last time, i doubt we will streamroll them like we did that other time! Simeone learns!

zanela

It might be, but not for them being tired, because they were not. Simeone will adjust his tactics, and park a different bus this time.

When a team plays a close rival, its not always about physical exhaustion, but mental pressure and fatigue that comes with it. So, it doesn't matter how many mins their players put in, it's after-effects will show in the following game. I personally thought they were not at their usual tenacious best against Barca, even if they were tactically outsmarted. So I agree with Hamzah that the upcoming duel has the potential to be a more stifling one.

Kohe321

If we can just keep up the same tempo of the ball and movement as in the last couple of matches, I don't see them stopping Messi, Neymar and Suarez from creating chances galore again. If we bury our chances, press well and disrupt their counters and keep organized in defence, we have the best chances of winning again.

Messi and Neymar is on fire lately as well. Suarez can only go up, hope this is the match where it starts to flow for him.

Bertus

When a team plays a close rival, its not always about physical exhaustion, but mental pressure and fatigue that comes with it. So, it doesn't matter how many mins their players put in, it's after-effects will show in the following game. I personally thought they were not at their usual tenacious best against Barca, even if they were tactically outsmarted. So I agree with Hamzah that the upcoming duel has the potential to be a more stifling one.

+1. I agree on everything.

It was a real possibility they would not be at their best after facing RM.

That doesn't mean Barca will not win "easily" again tho ;)

Last edited:

Kohe321

I was almost shocked at how much we bossed them in the first half. Had they not gotten that BS penalty that gave us a mental knock, we could probably have gone on to score more as well. So I suspect a tougher and closer game this time around, but I still think we're definite favorites to win again barring any sudden unforseen lineup or tactic armageddon from Lucho. :lol:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

They were not at their best because our players didn't let them be... way to underrate our performance. Odd that they didn't feel any after-effects in their next game, in the bernabeu.

+1. I agree on everything.

It was a real possibility they would not be at their best after facing RM at Bernabeu.

That game was at the calderon. if they had lost/draw, I'd buy this "after-effects" theory, but they won convincily.

Home of Barca Fans