Luis Enrique

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well a lot of things changed after the sociedad defeat. Thank you moyes. Or maybe not

Luis Enrique: "Found fixed line-up now? I continue to think that it's better to rotate and to involve more players.

A few rotations will help us but not stupid rotations like benching messi and neymar in tough away matches.

I

instinct

Luis Enrique: "Found fixed line-up now? I continue to think that it's better to rotate and to involve more players."

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Luis Enrique: "Found fixed line-up now? I continue to think that it's better to rotate and to involve more players."

No no Lucho, incorrect answer, no. Don't fall off the rails here.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Are you guys going to go all hamad in this page? Let me join you:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Luis Enrique: "Wins are great, they are a motivation, but there are still many things we can improve, both in defense and in attack."

There is always room left for improvement. Midfield is doing decent lately but it can do much better. More diagonal long balls and defense cutting through balls. With busi i always have a fear someone will out muscle him and take the ball away easily. Suarez still very poor finishing. We are still not a threat on set pieces, which is really hard thing to do though.

Fibonacci

I don't quite understand all of you who are complaining about rotations. Sure, I think Lucho will experiment less given that he's had time to settle in and see what works and what doesn't. But for a couple of seasons now we've been pretty dead by April/May. I think it's a good decision to keep players fresh by rotating them. I think that's what Lucho is saying.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If you look at Real/Chelsea/etc. who have had the same XI in most games; the fatigue seems to be starting to show, especially for Real.

Ritchie

I don't quite understand all of you who are complaining about rotations. Sure, I think Lucho will experiment less given that he's had time to settle in and see what works and what doesn't. But for a couple of seasons now we've been pretty dead by April/May. I think it's a good decision to keep players fresh by rotating them. I think that's what Lucho is saying.

I'd play Messi every game more or less, and others like Suarez/Neymar/Iniesta for a majority, but rotation is good when done right.

I think the late season lethargy of recent seasons has been a motivation issue as well, particularly last season. We need the players hungry for titles again. Atletico were dead on their feet by the time of the decider last season but got the result.

Qonny

Well, it wasn't just his rotations that people were complaining about, but the fact that the team looked lost tactically and didn't seem to operate under any kind of clear structure. That coupled with strange and sometimes unnecessary rotations was the reason we looked so clueless at times. The players didn't seem to know what they were supposed to do.

Now it feels more like the team is working under more clear instructions and towards a more obvious purpose, and together with a better gelled line-up, it seems to be working.

Hope it continues.

DinhoR10

Messi doesn't need rest, he went like 4 years without real rest til it finally caught up with him so a half season to win Xavi one more CL isnt going to worry him. Lucho just needs to keep the team motivated and basically tell them to do exactly what they've been doing in these last couple games and we should atleast win the copa.

Kerrybai

Messi doesn't need rest, he went like 4 years without real rest til it finally caught up with him so a half season to win Xavi one more CL isnt going to worry him. Lucho just needs to keep the team motivated and basically tell them to do exactly what they've been doing in these last couple games and we should atleast win the copa.

I agree with Messi not needing to rest, he covers far less ground than his team mates so he effectively rests a bit every game.

serghei

I agree with Messi not needing to rest, he covers far less ground than his team mates so he effectively rests a bit every game.

I don't know about that, I've seen an improvement from him in terms of effort put in lately. I saw him even tracking back, something he hasn't done for a long time.

L

linetty

Finally we can look forward with optimism. Kind of.

Bring on Atleti....again

Home of Barca Fans