Luis Enrique

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wow lot of activity by the board right after the end of the season, this is promising. Of course it's reactive, but better late than never I guess.

I've said time and time again that Lucho's quality as a manager is that of very high potential. We just can't predict how that will translate here as the environment (board+players) have a big role in what happens. The thing is that all indications seem to be really good since he's a club legend and very authoritative figure, loves youth, plays our philosophy of football, and reportedly has the support of the board so far. Nevertheless, we also had some pretty logical reasons to think that Tata was the "fix" to our problems so I will reserve full judgement on Lucho's success at Barca until the end of the next season.

Some of the decisions in this 'revolution' have been puzzling though, like letting go of Rubi yet appointing ROURA as La Masia director? Not to mention that Eusebio should not be offered a new contract.

Overall we already seem to have an improvement set for next season. The sheer fact that our youngster backups will be Rafinha and Deulofeu rather than Sergenius Roberto and Tello is already a pretty good squad improvement. Not to mention that we have MATS instead of Pinto, who will develop into a fine leader and organizer of our defense. Lucho's focus on youth will help nurture all of these talents.

There's no longer the atmosphere of 'lazy acceptance' that we've adopted in recent years. No one is safe and everyone has to meet expectations. If we play our cards right, it's finally time to be excited about the future rather than staring into a decline.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wow lot of activity by the board right after the end of the season, this is promising. Of course it's reactive, but better late than never I guess.

I've said time and time again that Lucho's quality as a manager is that of very high potential. We just can't predict how that will translate here as the environment (board+players) have a big role in what happens. The thing is that all indications seem to be really good since he's a club legend and very authoritative figure, loves youth, plays our philosophy of football, and reportedly has the support of the board so far. Nevertheless, we also had some pretty logical reasons to think that Tata was the "fix" to our problems so I will reserve full judgement on Lucho's success at Barca until the end of the next season.

Some of the decisions in this 'revolution' have been puzzling though, like letting go of Rubi yet appointing ROURA as La Masia director? Not to mention that Eusebio should not be offered a new contract.

Overall we already seem to have an improvement set for next season. The sheer fact that our youngster backups will be Rafinha and Deulofeu rather than Sergenius Roberto and Tello is already a pretty good squad improvement. Not to mention that we have MATS instead of Pinto, who will develop into a fine leader and organizer of our defense. Lucho's focus on youth will help nurture all of these talents.

There's no longer the atmosphere of 'lazy acceptance' that we've adopted in recent years. No one is safe and everyone has to meet expectations. If we play our cards right, it's finally time to be excited about the future rather than staring into a decline.

:goodpost:, as usual.

Don, I must say I am not used to seeing you with this new avatar. You need to have Pep back. :pep:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
:goodpost:, as usual.

Don, I must say I am not used to seeing you with this new avatar. You need to have Pep back. :pep:

Pep disappointed me after the 5-0 to Real and committing **** in a DFB Pokal final ;)

Cholo gets full plaudits for now, my current coach to fanboy. Maybe Pep inspires me back into his fanboy club next season, but I hope there comes a day when Lucho does (needs more style though).

xavi_the_Boss

Pep disappointed me after the 5-0 to Real and committing **** in a DFB Pokal final ;)

Cholo gets full plaudits for now, my current coach to fanboy. Maybe Pep inspires me back into his fanboy club next season, but I hope there comes a day when Lucho does (needs more style though).

Huh what did Pep do?

Alarcón

1000520_522508337804883_1420128146_n.jpg

did he really do this. smh

He should definitely be good at developing and getting the best out of our younger players. Not only Rafinha and Deulo, but also Neymar and MATS. Maybe we could see Montoya's resurgence under him?

NotInHere

this post here:worthy: i bet this turn even the most negative people on here into the most positive ones. Thats what it did to me:p

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Van Gaal: ‘Luis Enrique is a fantastic person. Very strong, mentally. He has done well at Celta, I hope for him he’s the right choice.’

jamrock

he willl push for actual defenders which is something i am looking forward to, he isn't a idealist like pep and teams tend to defend in a more traditional form, so he knows the importance of actual defender, the pressing like mad men from every player isn't so high up for him, so i am sure he will sign that defensive fullback or if he has faith in montoya let him play, and for me this is the single biggest weakness in our team.

i have been begging for a solid FB since abidal got injured and to this day nothing.

ebieymjunior

he willl push for actual defenders which is something i am looking forward to, he isn't a idealist like pep and teams tend to defend in a more traditional form, so he knows the importance of actual defender, the pressing like mad men from every player isn't so high up for him, so i am sure he will sign that defensive fullback or if he has faith in montoya let him play, and for me this is the single biggest weakness in our team.

i have been begging for a solid FB since abidal got injured and to this day nothing.

Completely agree with you.

Home of Barca Fans