Luis Enrique

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He's already pressing for Benatia and it looks like he would want Masche playing in midfield. So far, he's doing all the right things.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Even if we don't win any trophies next season, I'll be happy if there are noticeable improvements in the team

Yep, I hope for improvements, new ideas and most importantly, I hope that we'll play beautiful football, if we win trophies while doing that it will also be nice.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
This guy will make every player run in training sessions. He is one crazy motherfucker when it comes to fitness. Here are some examples..

-November 6, 2005, Luis Enrique started in Cicloturista Quebrantahuesos - rally on bikes, 205 km. He completed it in 6:42:42.

-In 2007, Luis Enrique completed the Ironman in Frankfurt, (3.8 km swim, 180km on bike and marathon) completed it in 10:19:30.

- Luis Enrique is also a huge cycling fan. Goes on to long trips.

- Luis Enrique ran 240 kilometers through the desert for 7 days. The video is on Canal plus.

Antimadridista1

He's already pressing for Benatia and it looks like he would want Masche playing in midfield. So far, he's doing all the right things.

How can you be sure of that ??
You shouldn't trust all the bullshit that MD and Sport are releasing.

But I hope that all of this is true.

JimmyGuitarist

he willl push for actual defenders which is something i am looking forward to, he isn't a idealist like pep and teams tend to defend in a more traditional form, so he knows the importance of actual defender, the pressing like mad men from every player isn't so high up for him, so i am sure he will sign that defensive fullback or if he has faith in montoya let him play, and for me this is the single biggest weakness in our team.

i have been begging for a solid FB since abidal got injured and to this day nothing.
Where are you getting that assumption from? The way he wants his teams to defend is almost a mirror image of how Pep likes his to defend.
You're completely wrong according to his interview here: http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/tactics/how-to-play-the-pressing-game
And as far as I'm concerned, it'll be a very good thing if he brings that back. The lack of "pressing like mad men from every player" was the main thing Tata failed in re-introducing.

Barcilliant

look for a major bust up with one of our stars. Problem is the board have indulged Messi too much. This just erodes Luchos authority.

Barcilliant

Where are you getting that assumption from? The way he wants his teams to defend is almost a mirror image of how Pep likes his to defend.
You're completely wrong according to his interview here: http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/tactics/how-to-play-the-pressing-game
And as far as I'm concerned, it'll be a very good thing if he brings that back. The lack of "pressing like mad men from every player" was the main thing Tata failed in re-introducing.
Some of our players simply cannot press anymore. They are worn out. What is Lucho going to do about that?

M

maxmss

Messi is going to be a challenge for Lucho. I don't buy that "out of form" crap. I don't know what happened but Messi was walking instead of running this whole year ,never tried to defend or win the ball back even if he was the one who lost it. Now he got upset because crowd called his attitude. Maybe he was not happy about his pay, maybe something else, but he's in Primadonna mode now and I hope Lucho can change that.

JimmyGuitarist

Some of our players simply cannot press anymore. They are worn out. What is Lucho going to do about that?

I don't buy that notion at all.
Xavi, the oldest payer, never stops trying to the win the ball back. This video's an example:

And there's plenty of things Enrique can do about it: Simply teaching them how to do it properly again is one of those things.

JimmyGuitarist

That vid made it seem like messi is the major problem :lol:

Messi has been the main culprit all season but then for all we know, it was Tata instructing them to defend deeper. There was definitely a few games where you could tell they'd obviously been told to do that.

DinhoR10

Messi has been the main culprit all season but then for all we know, it was Tata instructing them to defend deeper. There was definitely a few games where you could tell they'd obviously been told to do that.

Well hopefully that changes and our Forwards do some major pressing work.

ebieymjunior

I don't buy that notion at all.
Xavi, the oldest payer, never stops trying to the win the ball back. This video's an example:

And there's plenty of things Enrique can do about it: Simply teaching them how to do it properly again is one of those things.

He's not even trying to win the ball back, all he's doing is run to the man with the ball, which is useless and will only make him tired for nothing.
That's the biggest issue with the squad. They don't press anymore, and by that I mean they only run to the ball without the intention of getting it (useless).

See the difference:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans