Luis Enrique

ebieymjunior

^ To be fair Messi is doing next to no pressing in that video too.

That's the thing. He does the least pressing, because he's the one they pass the ball to once they get it.
Have you tried playing center forward and going back to defend the whole time? It doesn't help.
I agree this year he was walking too much, it's just he was less active (meaning he did less bursts of speed) than before, nothing else changed.

And there were stats (have to look for them) showing that he had 300 or so passes less than the previous seasons (guess to whom those passes went), which means he runs less cause he has less of the ball. Remember he's master at walking and accelerating once he gets the ball, that's always what makes him unpredictable and hard to mark.

L

linetty

Luis Enrique: "The idea will stay the same, but we have to evolve, improve, so we can surprise the opponent." #fcblive

key sentence

Luis Enrique: "Xavi? He's a friend and an ex-teammate. We'll sit down and talk about what he wants and what we want."

Luis Enrique: "Mascherano? A bit similar situation as Xavi. He has the profile of a captain. There's time to make decisions."

Looks to me like he wants to change Xavi and Masch's roles. Probably meaning he'll reduce Xavi's playing time and move Masch back to DM.

yep very much so

Good. Hope he adds variations to our tactics. Like incorporating counter attacks. No need to park the bus and hoof it up field all game, but when we get a counter attack opportunity, we need to take it instead of slowing down the play. We have a lot of players that can be deadly on the counter, particularly Neymar and Alexis.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Loved his press conference. He seems to have a clear plan, and objectives. Hopefully he achieves them all :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Enrique used this motivational video for B team

.. so he's a fan of Carmina Burana

..which makes him an instant favorite in my book.

All hail Lucho!

aaron101

I'm really afraid that it might turn out just like Tata. Tata also said that he would bring back the intensity that we used to have and the pressing. I can still remember his press conference. We saw some pressing on 1st half of the season but it disappeared on 2nd half.

Pepe Silvia

Very pessimistic about him making changes and motivating "some" players to press but hope he gets the best out of our players and gets us back to the top.

B

beautifulgame

I'm really afraid that it might turn out just like Tata. Tata also said that he would bring back the intensity that we used to have and the pressing. I can still remember his press conference. We saw some pressing on 1st half of the season but it disappeared on 2nd half.

Tata wasn't given support to make said changes.

Looks like Luis will be given that support given his clear statements for squad restructure

F

Flavia

His personality is very different from Tata's. Also his training methods, as he is a fitness freak.

L

linetty

BoKWdxAIAAEqyHy.jpg:large

F

Flavia

Top 10 statements from Luis Enrique's first press conference

www.fcbarcelona.cat
05/21/2014 20:50

"My team will attack. They will play attractive and effective football," he says

He adds: "A manager is a leader. He needs to demonstrate knowledge when he manages the team"

Luis Enrique left us with many headlines in his short first press conference as FC Barcelona manager. Here’s a selection of what we believe to be his top 10 statements:

• 1)“This is a very exciting and special day. We are going to build a new Barça. The challenge doesn’t frighten me, it’s one of the happiest days of my life.”

• 2) “When I left Barça B they told me “see you later”. They’ve kept their word.”

• 3) “I know how difficult this project will be, but I want to feel and hear the Barça anthem in the stadium and get to work.”

• 4) “Barça are always demanding. I’m delighted with the challenge and the responsibility. I know it’s an added pressure to fight for title, but what a blessed pressure that is.”

• 5) “Will I go hard on the players? I don’t know what you mean by that. I’m positive, always positive. I want to help the players because we need to an all-encompassing job on the pitch. Player tend to have an individual focus and my objective is to make them think collectively. We need to communicate. I will be very demanding in my role.”

• 6) “My team will attack. We will play attractive football, the same style that has hooked millions of people from around the world. We will have possession, and if it’s in our rival’s half of the pitch, even better.”

• 7) “There will be changes, we will try reinforce ourselves in the best way possible. One year at Barça is not a normal year. If you aren’t at the required level, things need to change. Every line will be reinforced and the better the new players are, the better off we all are.”

• 8) “A manager is a leader. He needs to demonstrate knowledge when it comes to managing the group, the egos, the personalities, and motivation.”

• 9) “I’m delighted to have Leo Messi, the best player in the world, on the team. It’s something that motivates me.”

• 10) “I will give the youth players a chance. I love to use young players. From them I demand hunger and ambition.”

Home of Barca Fans