Luis Enrique

Darko

I am not going to get worked up before the final stages of the season. The momentum can change very quickly. 9 days ago RM were leading the league with 4 points. Now they are 1 point behind.

All it takes to change that is a defeat against RM at home and the tide will change. Or if the team gets eliminated by Man City.

That's why I can't stand to see this treble nonsense talk all over the forum when nothing is even remotely decided yet.

At the end of March last year we were in a similar position. We had secured our place in the CdR final, had qualified to the quarterfinals in the CL and were top of the league. Look how it all ended at the end of the season. In total disappointment.

As a club member and almost life-long fan (although I am young) I have seen this movie far too many times by now and most of the time I got disappointed.

True, but last year we played like crap, and this year I'm enjoying watching games, that's the biggest reason for optimism imo.

DinhoR10

True, but last year we played like crap, and this year I'm enjoying watching games, that's the biggest reason for optimism imo.

Thats the main difference, we are playing well as a team and not just relying on individual moments from Messi and Iniesta like last season.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Luis Enrique: "Sergi Roberto? Played a spectacular game. He could because, although he sadly doesn't play a lot, he trains very well."

Luis Enrique: "Sergi Roberto? Played a spectacular game. He could because, although he sadly doesn't play a lot, he trains very well."

Luis Enrique: "We played slow? Maybe ask the players of Eibar if they think we played slow..." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "Messi scoring from corner? We're working on everything. The players are convinced that we can create danger from set pieces."

FC B

Who the freak could ask him if he thinks they played slow ?:lol:

Ofc they played slow in comparison to most if not all big matches. This was fucking Eibar away what did they expect?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't easy to motivate against Eibar when players are already thinking of City and Madrid. 3 points in the bag. Montoya, Bartra, Roberto, Adriano and Rafinha got to play and relieve some starters.

BerkeleyBernie

Who the freak could ask him if he thinks they played slow ?:lol:

Ofc they played slow in comparison to most if not all big matches. This was fucking Eibar away what did they expect?

Let's be honest, it was a poor game. It was slow because of the bench players on the pitch being slow to release the ball and not as accurate. If the penalty hadn't been called and the late crossbar shot (point blank volley bafflingly hit into the ground) by Eibar had gone in, it would have been a 1-1- draw.

Result achieved (and players rested), but not a good showing.

mssarm

Let's be honest, it was a poor game. It was slow because of the bench players on the pitch being slow to release the ball and not as accurate.

It wasn't poor game, it was a game to get 3 points without sacrifices. Team needed to preserve energy before major games that exactly what they did.

If the penalty hadn't been called and the late crossbar shot (point blank volley bafflingly hit into the ground) by Eibar had gone in, it would have been a 1-1- draw.

Funny how you brought 2 "if" arguments to finish the game with 1-1 draw. Here's beter 'if' argument: what if Messi wasn't born at all and all the "if"-s you mentioned were true: we would have lost the game 0-1.

Last edited:

Butifarra Eater

So, after cruising towards the treble, maybe, just maybe Lucho should keep his job?

I don't know what the Vegas lines are, but I can tell you my bookie says the odds of us going w/o a trophy are better than the odds of us winning a treble.

Here's to hoping and everything but...nobody in Spain looks capable of playing with Bayern right now.

MrRotation

I don't know what the Vegas lines are, but I can tell you my bookie says the odds of us going w/o a trophy are better than the odds of us winning a treble.

Here's to hoping and everything but...nobody in Spain looks capable of playing with Bayern right now.

Bayern is not as good as they were before. Of course, they are fantastic team and all, but I don't think beating them is impossible. Just look at the first game against Shakhtarin CL, they played similar to Barca under Tata-passing around desperately without any idea. No, I'm not saying that we would win 6-0, but they are not unbeatable.

FC B

It wasn't poor game, it was a game to get 3 points without sacrifices. Team needed to preserve energy before major games that exactly what they did.

Funny how you brought 2 "if" arguments to finish the game with 1-1 draw. Here's beter 'if' argument: what if Messi wasn't born at all and all the "if"-s you mentioned were true: we would have lost the game 0-1.

Exactly:p

L

linetty

Obviously another claim made up out of thin air. Bayern hasn't looked convicing against any decent side this season. The 7-0 against Shakhtar is by no means a measure of how they're doing at the moment.

serghei

Let's be honest, it was a poor game. It was slow because of the bench players on the pitch being slow to release the ball and not as accurate. If the penalty hadn't been called and the late crossbar shot (point blank volley bafflingly hit into the ground) by Eibar had gone in, it would have been a 1-1- draw.

Result achieved (and players rested), but not a good showing.

Pretty much this. Sadly, our bench is quite poor. The difference between starters and bench players is overwhelming IMO. Only Pedro, Bartra, and, to an extent, Rafinha are good enough to be trusted in an important game. Still undecided about Mathieu and Xavi is a special case.

Home of Barca Fans