Luis Enrique

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
The players have two days off now. They return to training on Wednesday, ahead of the league game against Eibar on Saturday

Feels like they get two days off every couple of weeks!

It's helping the team to stay fresh though.

Antimadridista1

Mascherano should definitely not play against Eibar.

Bravo
Montoya Pique Bartra(Matthieu) Adriano

Rakitic

Xavi Iniesta (Rafinha)

Messi Suarez Neymar

NO way we play with bot Xavi and Iniesta away from home. Never worked this season (Bernabeu, Anoeta).
I'd play with Rafinha, Rakitic and Iniesta in midfield, and Montoya, Pique, Mathieu, Adriano.

Alik

NO way we play with bot Xavi and Iniesta away from home. Never worked this season (Bernabeu, Anoeta).
I'd play with Rafinha, Rakitic and Iniesta in midfield, and Montoya, Pique, Mathieu, Adriano.

Playing Iniesta and Rafinha hasn't been much better though.

Leo_Messi

Regardless of who plays then Eibar away is a must win. The Basques have been in a horrible form of late. 7 league defeats in a row.

It will be a tricky game though. Right before the crucial week where we are going to play Man City and RM at home.

serghei

Regardless of who plays then Eibar away is a must win. The Basques have been in a horrible form of late. 7 league defeats in a row.

It will be a tricky game though. Right before the crucial week where we are going to play Man City and RM at home.

Yea, Lucho needs to make sure the players understand just how important the Eibar game is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
From hero to zero and back to hero.
Away CL win vs. epl champions in 1/16, Copa finalist and top of the table!
Who wouldn't have signed that back in August.

I just hope team don't start getting careless again like in December.
They can get beaten but not due to lack of effort. Now's the time to show if they really want it.

You can do it Lucho!

Leo_Messi

From hero to zero and back to hero.
Away CL win vs. epl champions in 1/16, Copa finalist and top of the table!
Who wouldn't have signed that back in August.

I just hope team don't start getting careless again like in December.
They can get beaten but not due to lack of effort. Now's the time to show if they really want it.

You can do it Lucho!

I am not going to get worked up before the final stages of the season. The momentum can change very quickly. 9 days ago RM were leading the league with 4 points. Now they are 1 point behind.

All it takes to change that is a defeat against RM at home and the tide will change. Or if the team gets eliminated by Man City.

That's why I can't stand to see this treble nonsense talk all over the forum when nothing is even remotely decided yet.

At the end of March last year we were in a similar position. We had secured our place in the CdR final, had qualified to the quarterfinals in the CL and were top of the league. Look how it all ended at the end of the season. In total disappointment.

As a club member and almost life-long fan (although I am young) I have seen this movie far too many times by now and most of the time I got disappointed.

serghei

One game at the time. Every game is vital form now on. The City-Real games, both on Camp Nou, will be very big.

Leo_Messi

One game at the time. Every game is vital form now on. The City-Real games, both on Camp Nou, will be very big.

Exactly.

I would call those game huge if not monumental. If we presume that the team will defeat Eibar away from home then a win against RM will give us a 4 point advantage with 10 games left. That's a significant lead at such a late stage in the league. Also it would be important to win 2-0 or more in order to be better head-to-head in case of finishing the season with the same number of points. This happened back in the 2006-07 season where we lost the league due to a worse head-to-head record against RM (2-0 & 3-3). This way we could afford to drop points in 2 games out of the remaining 10 in case RM wins all the remaining 10 games.

I don't care much about the Man City game other than progressing and not getting any injuries before the El Clásico game or suspensions in the CL.

In hindsight, Messi should have scored on that penalty and made it 1-3. That would basically have ended the tie. Well, we can't complain much currently so that's all for now, lol.

raskolnikov

Yeah I got a question about that, I read that the away goal doesnt apply with h2h results in the end, so who is favoured when for example Barca wins 2-0?

Leo_Messi

Cheers Leo_Messi. So away goals do count in H2H.

Yes, exactly. I don't think that it is likely that both FCB and RM will finish the season with the equal number of points but you never know. Of course winning alone will be a huge boost but winning with 2-0 or more would be even better.

Why not another manita?:pep:

Home of Barca Fans