Luis Enrique

Siberia

Not only we're in a great position on every front,Barca plays beautiful,confident football once again.

Fantastic job of bringing the Titan Barca back.We're back being a team everyone fears.

imo, we definitely are. Just take a look at other forums of other clubs. Everybody is scared playing against us. Reminds me a bit of the guardiola era :barca flag:

Good for you. Watching Barca only for trophies.
Pathetic that some people can't enjoy even when Barca plays this well.

This! It came down to the last game of the season last year as we all know and barca had La Liga within their grasp. Of course they didn't win it but what if they did? Would it have been considered a good season? Media from around the world judge teams by the trophies they win. But us fans I think need to look at the on field product. This Barca team is so Aesthetically pleasing compared to last year.

Football is so random and sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Look at Real Madrid last year. They were seconds away from not winning their long awaited Decima. Yesterday for us as others have said. We played so well but were one or two more bad breaks away from being knocked out of the champions league.

Just be happy Lucho has turned this team around and has us playing in a way that has us look like this against the team that won the PL last year.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

imo, we definitely are. Just take a look at other forums of other clubs. Everybody is scared playing against us. Reminds me a bit of the guardiola era :barca flag:

"Everybody" is a strong word here... Some would rather welcome the challenge.

Icarium

Lifestealer
"Everybody" is a strong word here... Some would rather welcome the challenge.

Bayern and Real might be the only teams that would want to "welcome the challenge". Right now real also wouldn't but now that ramos and modric are back they fancy their chances. But bayern also might be thinking of avoiding us not because of our good form but because of messi.

I

instinct

Bayern is the only team which is stronger than us at the moment. Real could prove me wrong on Sunday though. Bayern is a well-balanced team under a world-class coach. Some bad matches don't change that. We have Messi but they have a player who can decide matches on his own too. He is maybe not as good as Messi but for me, Robben is the 2nd most dangerous player on this planet. Besides Robben they haveLewandowski, Götze, Ribery, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Lahm which is an insane amount of quality and let's not forget the best keeper in the world. Pep knows this club even though we play a different style but he knows almost every player, their mental weaknesses and how to stop this Barcelona side. We wouldn't get trashed 7-0 but Bayern is better than us in my opinion. We can, however, beat every team right now, especially with Messi in this form but I'd like to avoid Bayern as long as possible. The players would like the challenge but considering our La Liga fixtures this tie would come too soon because our entire focus would have to be shifted towards Bayern.

No thanks.

DrPepper

Good for you. Watching Barca only for trophies.
Pathetic that some people can't enjoy even when Barca plays this well.

Well the way we play right now is breathtaking and the quality so much better than in recent years but tbh I'll be very disappointed if we don't end up with at least one (Copa) or even two trophies.

The team certainly deserves it and I hope they reward themselves because they've been absolutely brilliant so far. I still can't believe Enrique managed to turn this team from "10 times worse than Tata" to "nearly as good as Guardiola's Barca" in basically one(!!!) week.

_

Btw our transitional play yesterday was unbelievable. So many times we managed to turn from defence to attack in like 5 seconds and create clear cut chances after City attacked us. Ofc City's pressing was non-existent but still. I hope we can exploit Madrid like that as well.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pep will have no choice but to bring the game right to barca and with a high line too, they will leave lots of space open for our forwards. Just need to hit them on counter real hard and be effective and we might thrash them. We can't really say for sure, either bayern dominating over us through 180 minutes or both teams have equal possession and with equal number of chances or barca just kills bayern on counters. It sure will be a cracker.

I

instinct

Pep will have no choice but to bring the game right to barca and with a high line too, they will leave lots of space open for our forwards. Just need to hit them on counter real hard and be effective and we might thrash them. We can't really say for sure, either bayern dominating over us through 180 minutes or both teams have equal possession and with equal number of chances or barca just kills bayern on counters. It sure will be a cracker.

Do you think that Pep will be as stupid as vs Wolfsburg and Real Madrid ever again? I very much doubt it. Even if we have a chance to hit to counter-attack, their defense is rock-solid most of the time. Their transition play is really good these days.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Do you think that Pep will be as stupid as vs Wolfsburg and Real Madrid ever again? I very much doubt it. Even if we have a chance to hit to counter-attack, their defense is rock-solid most of the time. Their transition play is really good these days.

I was counting on it actually, pep made that mistake quite some times. If he really learns from it and play like the real bayern then sure it will be scary. They can just destroy us in minutes if they want to but i fancy our chances.

CAd_1D1WYAAAWlF.png:large

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I think Bayern and Barca are 50-50 atm, and depending on how Messi plays i'd give Barca the edge. Their defense isn't as solid as one would have you believe. Not that it isn't solid but Barca/Real/Bayern are all midfield/attack centric the best defense in europe on their day is probably Atletico and we got past them when they were in form back in January. And I would say that we're even better than we were then just because the players have gotten used to playing in this new system and have been strolling for the past month basically while still banging out results. City aren't the best but Aguero damn sure is, striker wise only suarez and maybe zlatan are in his league. Keeping him out of the game/locked down is a big deal.

G

Gasgas

:worthy:
He made us a better team

Strangely some people still want sterile possession football back :shakeshead:

gatsu

Bayern better than us! based on what indicators? we destroyed teams better by miles than any of the bundesliga teams, their defense looks rock solid, so is our defense, what we showed against City in Manchester was on par with the best performances from the Pep's era.

I welcome the Bayern challenge anytime, I don't even care who we get in the 1/4.

Home of Barca Fans