Luis Enrique

Devils

Bayern better than us! based on what indicators? we destroyed teams better by miles than any of the bundesliga teams, their defense looks rock solid, so is our defense, what we showed against City in Manchester was on par with the best performances from the Pep's era.

I welcome the Bayern challenge anytime, I don't even care who we get in the 1/4.

This.

At the start of the season people on here saying we were miles behind Chelsea, Madrid and Bayern based on player quality. Now look.

There is no way Bayern are clearly better than us.

I would love to play them, because I think we can smash them. They are super vulnerable on the counter and if we play the counter attacking style we played against the likes of Atletico or City, I have no doubts.

mssarm

"Everybody" is a strong word here... Some would rather welcome the challenge.

I highly doubt that Bayern wants to play Barca next. At this point Barca is not a lesser team. I actually believe it is Barca who wants to play Bayern . I read an article that Barca players want to revenge for 7-0 trashing. They don't want to play against Bayern on the final, they want to do it over 2 legs so there's no speculation over incidental or lucky win. According to rumors Messi is the leader of the "revenge mission". Now, that fucker is already dismantling world class teams just for fun, can you imagine what Messi would do to Bayern with "special" motivation? I bet Guardiola is going to enjoy the Bayern trashing like an old masochist.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Interesting discussion but I'd want to hold off on it until we play RM tonight. Playing against one of the top 3 teams in the world will give us a proper indicator as to how competitive and dangerous we can be against another. Stylistically, I think we have an advantage to Bayern though with our front 3 and counterattacking ability.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Should have brought on Pedro for Neymar... Like way before he brought in Rafinha.

Other than that, must have done some thing right to bring the team back on track in the second half

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I want to praise him but can't. We were lucky to go 1-1 at HT. We only looked better when Real abandoned their shape late in the match chasing the equalizer.

L

linetty

I want to praise him but can't. We were lucky to go 1-1 at HT. We only looked better when Real abandoned their shape late in the match chasing the equalizer.
Don't forget Madrid had a whole week of rest while we had to play a tough and intense game against Man City three days ago.

Busquets' absence was too obvious.

Alarcón

We looked better because Real's players were beyond exhausted only a couple of minutes into the 2nd half.

We didn't do well in the 1st half, the 20 minutes before the break were abysmal and we were lucky to escape with a draw.

The midfield needs addressing; if either of Iniesta or Rakitic don't play well, we look horrible - and Busquets is still far ahead of Mascherano. The focus on our front three means if we can't get the ball to them, we're left scrambling for possession and chances, even more so when our strikers give the ball away as much as they did today.

But the worst thing for me was how we, again, couldn't finish off the game. We had 6 or 7 very good chances towards the end which should have been buried.

I am optimistic going into the remainder of the season but there are still things we must fix.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget Madrid had a whole week of rest while we had to play a tough and intense game against Man City three days ago.

Busquets' absence was too obvious.

Agreed on the rest factor but then consider how we looked better in 2nd half. It's odd.
And yeah, we missed Busquets but Real missed Rodriguez.

Fibonacci

Agreed on the rest factor but then consider how we looked better in 2nd half. It's odd.
And yeah, we missed Busquets but Real missed Rodriguez.

James is far less important for them than Busi is for us. They were probably better off with Isco, Modric, and Kroos.

DinhoR10

I would say it was his work with Pique that saved us that draw after the first half. Him and gingerlord were the ones that made the win possible.

Home of Barca Fans