Luis Enrique

raki

Whatever voodoo magic he's using, keep using it..lol great win for him. :lucho:

It´s not magic. It´s hard work and quality training in many aspects. Kudos to LE. He just needs 1-2 players extra class in midfield. Verrati or something like that.

Xtroverto

Even though it is just an anecdote right now, Lucho is the most succesfull trainer ever in terms of won matches (League, Cup and Champions) at this point in the season, he has 37 won games out of 44, for comparison, Guardiolas best during his 4 years was 33 wins in 08/09 and 10/11 and Tito Vilanova won 34. When we won the treble Guardiola had won 33 at this point in the season. For comparison, Tata Martino last year won 40 out of 59 games the whole season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

So I was watching the game with three friends of mine I go to school with who are all RM fans today haha. Had quite a laugh, felt bad for them too. Two of them lost 200 dollars on betting on Madrid winning. :lol:

Biggest stand out for me and while Suarez will get the pundits, my MotM was Pique. He was fantastic tonight, really saved our bacon's a few times when they flurried at the end of the first half and in the second he didn't put a foot wrong the entire time and his passing from the back was excellent.

Lucho man, he's got this team on fire right now. This was a perfect week for us, and while the scorelines should have been more convincing, once Neymar starts finishing it will be so Lucho deserves all the credit in the world for finally evolving the team.

We have virtually conquered Spain now, one hand on the trophy for del Rey, finishing line in sight for La Liga. All that remains is Europe now...

Morten

I cant really understand how this Barca-side just steamroll through everyone these last few months. They are a top team of course, but they have glaring flaws in their play.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I cant really understand how this Barca-side just steamroll through everyone these last few months. They are a top team of course, but they have glaring flaws in their play.

Too many GOATs mate, too many GOATS :D

Seriously, I don't feel fully reassured even though we're winning game after game, may be it's because we sacrify the possession now to play more vertical, but obvious flaws appear in the finishing, and the middfield circulation of the ball, we're lucky either Messi or Suarez step up big time when needed, and Piqué has been a beast the last few months..

Kudos to Lucho really, very intense week and we made the best of it ! 3 points and into the 1/4 finals for CL .. :)

Icarium

Lifestealer

Real Madrid did not face the best barca, team looked really tired after the midweek match against city especially messi. But still we won against a good madrid team with their best players playing. Real will catch form again with modric and ramos back. So it will be Real, Bayern and Barca aiming for CL with equal chances.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barcelona has scored as many goals from long balls this season as the past seven seasons combined [@pedritonumeros ]

Barca even leads the league in goals from long balls. :lucho:

raskolnikov

I feel we lost it badly in midfield in the first half, Kroos and Modric dominated us and Messi let Marcelo do whatever he wanted in attack.
We need more midfield control, if we end up playing Madrid in cl I would prefer Xavi to start instead of Iniesta and Messi to play false 9. We also missed Busquets badly.
Our game involves us playing without solid midfield support often this season. If teams pressure well and are srong we suffer logically, luckily Madrid lost their head after Suarez' goal and fatigue hit them hard.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I feel we lost it badly in midfield in the first half, Kroos and Modric dominated us and Messi let Marcelo do whatever he wanted in attack.
We need more midfield control, if we end up playing Madrid in cl I would prefer Xavi to start instead of Iniesta and Messi to play false 9. We also missed Busquets badly.
Our game involves us playing without solid midfield support often this season. If teams pressure well and are srong we suffer logically, luckily Madrid lost their head after Suarez' goal and fatigue hit them hard.

With busi instead of masch our midfield would be better and our right side will also be very effective. Masch did not distribute the ball well and there is too much for rakitic to do and he couldn't and messi also did not get enough time on ball and the support was lacking whenever he received the ball. That is why when he moved to center he could see more options to make plays and some intelligent runs by other players allowed him to create some chances. Busi increases both defense and offense on our right side. There is no need to play mess in false 9, just play him in RW and move him centrally and play deeper too. Suarez will act as perfect 9.

L

linetty

Actually we were superior and dominant in most of the games, only RM managed to control the midfield playing against us (was to be expected with Mascherano but I'm mad because we couldn't do anything besides long balls).

Btw. we're just too good.

I

instinct

One word: Fitness.

It's astonishing how fit our players are. All talk concerning tactics and stubbornness aside, the way he rotated and kept everyone fresh over the last few months finally pays off. We had a fairly demanding game vs City 4 days ago and our players still seemed fresh while Reals' players were basically dead.
It's probably down to his affection to fitness (he participates in various marathons etc.)

Kohe321

Love the fact that the team managed to win against Madrid while looking very tired from the midweek CL game.

Our open play defending as well as our setpiece defending has gotten truly awesome, Unzue and Luchos strategical work in this area has nothing short of revolutionized our defense. Pique deserves all the praise he gets as well, if not more...

Kohe321

One word: Fitness.

It's astonishing how fit our players are. All talk concerning tactics and stubbornness aside, the way he rotated and kept everyone fresh over the last few months finally pays off. We had a fairly demanding game vs City 4 days ago and our players still seemed fresh while Reals' players were basically dead.
It's probably down to his affection to fitness (he participates in various marathons etc.)

Yeah this as well! Rafinha in a recent interview with Barca TV said that the coaches are measuring everything, and that they have a good idea of how much the players can handle, and are using this data to manage it properly. This is certainly paying off right now. Apart from unlucky injuries that happen in games, our players are looking extremely fit this season.

Home of Barca Fans