Luis Enrique

Antimadridista1

He has too much faith in Rafinha. If he was at least showing something... But he's not. Can't risk starting him in big games anymore.

Exactly. Rafinha stepped up big time against the likes of Huelva and Elche but never played really well against a strong side.
Rakitic should've play today and then put Rafinha against Almeria on wednesday.

Alik

Luis Enrique keep going strong, 38th win for the season, thus far he has the best winning percentage in the history of the club after 45 games at 84,4%, Guardiola was never even close to that number, but he brough home trophies so let's se if Luis can do that.

By the way, the best winning percentage for a single season is 80,5% in 1958-59 with Helenio Herrera, he won 34 games out of 41 winning league and cup.

I don't get that stat. How did we get 100 points and 99 points season without having a higher win percentage? Or is that because of cup and CL?

Xtroverto

I don't get that stat. How did we get 100 points and 99 points season without having a higher win percentage? Or is that because of cup and CL?

If we win all 9 games remaining we would end at 98 points in the league so it would be comparable to those leagues. Of the 45 games played we have 4 losses and 2 draws in the league and 1 loss in the Champions, the rest are wins.

Guardiola in 2010-11 at the same time had 35 wins, 7 draws and 3 losses (not counting super cup).

Luis Enrique 38/45 give him a win percentage of 84,4%
Guardiola 35/45 give him a win percentage of 77,7%

With Frank Rijkaard when we won the league and Champions, we had 30 wins, 9 draws and 6 losses after 45 games.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I feel we get exposed in these type of games, I'm worried or lack of midfield might lead to us getting trashed when we face a team like Bayern. Definitely need to be sorted out.
Now we are like a very heavy handed brawler with a glass jaw.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bayern, Bayern, Bayern.. It's getting tiresome. Bayern where trashed last year by 3rd team from La Liga.

Yeah, they are favorites this year (again) but althermore reason to look at it as it is: They are the ones who have more to lose and feel afraid of failing.

raskolnikov

Bayern, Bayern, Bayern.. It's getting tiresome. Bayern where trashed last year by 3rd team from La Liga.

Yeah, they are favorites this year (again) but althermore reason to look at it as it is: They are the ones who have more to lose and feel afraid of failing.

Or Real, im still convinced they > us h2h. You dont wory about our lack of midfield ?

Xtroverto

I guess you have poor memory then, under Guardiola we won a shit ton of matches playing shit, that why we won those 3 leagues in a row, not to mention the 2 champions, all succesfull teams win the shit games, those are the secret to success, not the ones where you score 5+ goals.

We have a higher win % this season than any Guardiola season. Yet you seem to think that it was under Guardiola that we won the most games while playing badly.

thus one can hardly imagine how you could not be of the opinion that we are playing better football this season. You're entitled to this opinion, but I'd be surprised if it was shared.

In my opinion, it was Messi, not the "champion mentality" who bailed our asses time and time again. This season I find Messi a bit more in tune with our collective form.

mssarm

Or Real, im still convinced they > us h2h. You dont wory about our lack of midfield ?

Bayern with most perfect midfield played worse than us yesterday. Guardiola should be more worried. I'm not worried about our lack of midfield because current squad is completely capable to win remaining matches for Ligue and CDR. CL is lottery and even with perfect midfield you could lose. I don't see the reason why we should be worried.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

We have a higher win % this season than any Guardiola season. Yet you seem to think that it was under Guardiola that we won the most games while playing badly.

thus one can hardly imagine how you could not be of the opinion that we are playing better football this season. You're entitled to this opinion, but I'd be surprised if it was shared.

In my opinion, it was Messi, not the "champion mentality" who bailed our asses time and time again. This season I find Messi a bit more in tune with our collective form.

I challenge you to find a single post of mine where I say that Barcelona play better football under LE than under Guardiola, you clearly have a hard time understanding my posts since you return to the same argument.

Winning doesn't equal playing better football, Barcelona this season is winning the matches when the team is playing shit football and that is rare for this club. In fact I would say it is a new trait that has only happened in the last 5-6 seasons, before that the team never responded when playing bad, not under Rijkaard, not under Antic, not under Rexach, not under Ferrer, not under Van Gaal, not under Robson, not under Johan Cruyff, not under Aragones, not under Terry Venebles, not under Menotti and not under Lattek and that is about as far back as I can remember. And no, it is not Messi bailing out the team that is the difference, just like he was not the difference yesterday or against Real Madrid before that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans