Luis Enrique

I challenge you to find a single post of mine where I say that Barcelona play better football under LE than under Guardiola, you clearly have a hard time understanding my posts since you return to the same argument.

You are the one who misunderstands. I never said you stated this, and challenge you to find a single post of mine, etc. It is a logical deduction from your comments on Guardiola's barça winning more matches while playing badly, while this barça has a higher % of wins
What I did was point the contradiction inherent to this statement. I don't know how to put it in a clearer way, so c/c:

"We have a higher win % this season than any Guardiola season. Yet you seem to think that it was under Guardiola that we won the most games while playing badly.
thus one can hardly imagine how you could not be of the opinion that we are playing better football this season."

You again contradicted yourself here (unless you think this barça is "almost invincible" as well):
It is all about the points, playing bad and winning is the secret that made Barcelona almost invincible under Guardiola.
Barcelona this season is winning the matches when the team is playing shit football

speaking of understanding one another..
me:
This season I find Messi a bit more in tune with our collective form.
you:
And no, it is not Messi bailing out the team that is the difference, just like he was not the difference yesterday or against Real Madrid before that.

Xtroverto

You are the one who misunderstands. I never said you stated this, and challenge you to find a single post of mine, etc. It is a logical deduction from your comments on Guardiola's barça winning more matches while playing badly, while this barça has a higher % of wins

You still don't understand what I'm saying here, Barcelona every year play 60 or so matches, this is true for the last 30 years, every one of those seasons regardless of weather it was Johan Cruyff, Serra Ferrer, Terry Venables or Josep Guardiola in charge, the team played a dossen or so SHIT games, pure shit.

Under Guardiola the team won those games while under any other of the predecesor almost all of the matches were lost and at best you got a few draws in the case of Venables and Cruyff but they NEVER won. Guardiola and now Luis Enrique has changed that, they WIN the shit games, this does NOT imply they are playing this or that typ of football or this or that quality of football, it simply means the WIN, hence the very high win % in the case of both.

"We have a higher win % this season than any Guardiola season. Yet you seem to think that it was under Guardiola that we won the most games while playing badly.

No, where have I said that? this is something you have invented.

Last edited:
This tendency to twist words is annoying.
i say, "you seem to think", you reply "where have i said that ? you invented that." Reminds me of someone... :p

If you don't think that, fair enough, but then by your own words, we are just as much "almost invincible" as Guardiola's barça the first three years.
I've already said that.

I'm not disputing the fact that winning most "bad" games doesn't make a difference. But the fact is barça lost and drew more games in all Pep's three seasons, and this barça still has ways to go before reaching that level of play, regardless of style.

As a sidenote, in recent years I think the seasons where we won the most games while playing like "shit" were 2011-2012 and 2012 2013, and this was because of Leo. Mind you both seasons were disappointing.

Anyway, you don't see the problems I see in this line of thought, fair enough, let's leave it at that.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

I actually think Luis Enrique has exceded Guardiolas Barcelona in several aspects of the game, he has not only managed to create the most dynamic defense this club has ever seen and in that creating and scoring more goals than ever before from set pieces, but he has also managed to create the most unpredictable team ever, with that comes the natural conclusion that this team will never play a particulary attractive style of football outside of the odd encounter, it is the side effect of presenting the opposition with an imposible task of preparing the team for an encounter with FC Barcelona.

It is funny how this discussion about the style of football always pops up after a succesfull manager has passed through the club, when Bobby Robson took over after Johan Cruyff he exceeded Cruyffs Barcelona in every aspect of the game with the exception of the so called attractivness of the football.

Robsons Barcelona scored more goals, conceded less goals and won far more matches than FC Barcelona did any season under Cruyff, yet all the debate was that Barcelona was playing booring football, the same people that were campaigning for kicking out Cruyff and his attractive football after his 4-0 loss agains AC Milan now wanted him back :facepalm:

Now we are seeing the same knee jerk reaction from the same people that debated Guardiola and his lack of a plan B when he was reduced to a bystander being taught football lessons against Chelsea in 2012 and 2009 were if it wasn't for a fluke shot by Iniesta he would have been eliminated.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Barcelona vs. Almeria
Luis Enrique on Almeria, Neymar's goal drought, Busquets' booking and Mathieu's form

The Barcelona boss spoke to the press on Tuesday ahead of the La Liga match against Almeria. The main point of call was Neymar's form, with the Brazilian's goal scoring dropping off since Christmas

Luis Enrique will meet an old friend against Almeria | Foto: EFE

Sam Marsden | 7.4.2015 | 13:28h.

Luis Enrique says he has no doubts that Neymar will continue scoring goals again soon.
Talking ahead of Wednesday night's match with Almeria, the Barcelona boss claimed he was unconcerned about the Brazilian's goal drought.

Neymar has not scored for Barça in his last four matches
, with his last goals coming against Villarreal in the Copa del Rey at the beginning of March.
In total, he has managed just three goals in his last 10 appearances, although he has nothced 26 in all competitions this season.

"I'm not worried about Neymar,"
Luis Enrique said. "We are talking about a top player. What I am seeing [in training and matches] makes me sure that the goals will come and he will help the team.
"He's still adding things now which I consider important, too, even if that's not goals."

The Asturian will hope that a goal arrives from his No.11 against Almeria, who will be managed by former Barça player Sergi Barjuan for the first time.

Here is what else Luis Enqrique had to say on that match:
On Sergi Barjuan: "He is a friend and I am very happy for him [to get the Almeria job]. I hope that he takes advantage of this opportunity... from Thursday!"

On Almeria preparation:
"Sergi's not had time to prepare his players. It's difficult enough with six or seven months, imagine just one session. That said, often managerial changes can stimulate [positive] changes."

On Almeria match:
"We want to generate a lot of danger. We will go with a side that will allow us to get three points against and luckily I have a squad full of options."

On Jeremy Mathieu: "I judge him on his performances from the beginning of the season. He's been more than good; he has been a good reinforcement. Scoring two goals does not change that."

On four point lead at the top:
"It's where we wanted to be [at start of season], but we are also realists and the titles that we dream of will be difficult to win."

On clean sheets:
"The data is not good for the defence, but for the group as a whole. For [clean sheets] we need everyone: forwards, midfielders, defenders and goalkeepers."

On Barça's changing style:
"I've not seen any team in history play 38 matches the same way."

On meetings with board to plan for the future:
"I've not had any meetings with the board."

On Xavi Hernandez:
"Xavi is important for us in any month of the year, not just now. He helps us a lot. His decision was to stay last summer. He will decide again [this summer]. He continues to help us a lot on and off the pitch, but he prefers to help us on it!"

On Busquets' yellow card:
"Images show I asked him to get a yellow card? No, that is wrong. I asked him to be careful and to avoid a booking."

@ Xtroverto

Ok. I didn't think you'd own up to the opinion that this team is besting guardiola's in most aspects, but you do. Seems a far fetched idea to me, or at least way too early to call. Anyway since you think that, your argument is coherent and i don't mean to discuss beliefs/hopes. I'm not a nostalgic either; still enjoy watching barça very much, and i too believe this team can go a long way, although nothing is secured ;)

Last edited:

vinni

I find it a bit funny that both Enrique and Busi denies getting that yellow on purpose. "I asked him to be careful and to avoid a booking." Yeah right :lucho:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No praise for Lucho's rotations vs. Almería?
Way a joy to watch Xavi,Pedro,Bartra and Roberto getting a run and playing so well.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
No praise for Lucho's rotations vs. Almería?
Way a joy to watch Xavi,Pedro,Bartra and Roberto getting a run and playing so well.

Yeah, did a great job with rotations and it's 9th straight victory in the row, but I wonder what he'll do next, now we have 5 tough matches ahead, will he rotate against Valencia or will he just play the same players?

Alik

Yeah, did a great job with rotations and it's 9th straight victory in the row, but I wonder what he'll do next, now we have 5 tough matches ahead, will he rotate against Valencia or will he just play the same players?

Hopefully we'll be able to afford some rotation into the second leg match vs PSG.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just checked whoscored. We (14) have more set piece goals than real (13) and bayern (12). Not so bad eh? Atletico scored a whopping 25 goals from set pieces, their open play goals are only 24.

G

Gasgas

Just checked whoscored. We (14) have more set piece goals than real (13) and bayern (12). Not so bad eh? Atletico scored a whopping 25 goals from set pieces, their open play goals are only 24.

When did we score all those goals :tata:

Home of Barca Fans