Luis Enrique

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He has done good work in the year 2015. Now you all want him sacked because of one match?

Sevilla away was always going to be tough and very likely to drop points.

Neymar had a good first half but he was not in the game in the second half, when they started to compete. It was a sensible decision to put on an extra body in midfield and we were seeing the game out pretty comfortably until Pique rather lazily gave the ball away. And it is not Enrique's fault that Pique gave the ball away so sloppily or that Suarez missed two sitters and another good chance. Tonight the players were responsible for only drawing and not the manager as they got complacent when they went 2 up and in the first half missed some great chances.

serghei

Neymar had a good first half but he was not in the game in the second half, when they started to compete.

Neymar and Messi were not in the game because the game we wanted to play was a defensive one. Lucho probably wanted to sub Suarez and Messi too, and put in Bartra and Mascherano.

L

linetty

Lucho tried? Are you OK with Barca parking the bus away to Sevilla? :lol: We played Sevilla like we played Real Madrid. Jesus Christ, it was abysmal from Lucho. Yea, Bravo, Pique and Suarez fucked up, but this was a game lost because we did what Chelsea usually does when facing a better team -- i.e. we tried to defend a narrow lead.
No, you're wrong. We didn't try do defend a narrow lead. We tried to attack but we got dominated in midfield which made us defend, naturally, but it doesn't mean the plan was to defend.

BBZ8800

You don't try by taking off the best player of the match. That's not trying. That's stupidity.

You can't bench Messi.
So, it is only Ney or Suarez.

Maybe he can't bench neither Suarez, who knows what is happening in the locker-room?

I can agree only that benching Ney was wrong, but then again, only Suarez could have been subbed.
He obviously wanted 442 to get more possession and to Tiki-taka the match till death.

Again, if it would have stayed 2:1, it would be perfectly reasonable and La liga winning-decision.

We needed these 3 points.
20 minutes till the end, we could have:
1. played 433 with Xavi for Iniesta
2. or tried 442

Lucho tried 442 and was unlucky.

But again, his decision wasn't that illogical (except for benching Ney).
But he probably thought that Suarez can offer more in the last 15 minutes and finish off some Tiki-Taka action in our 442.

serghei

No, you're wrong. We didn't try do defend a narrow lead. We tried to attack

Subbing a winger for a CM is a sign of attacking? :lol: If that is what you saw, fine by me. I thought we looked like Chelsea, the team pretty much everyone here hates.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Fire him after this season? Because of this? Are you fucking serious? So much overreacting, just wow. We're still first in La Liga, will win the Copa del Rey and have a good chance of playing in the CL final.

DrPepper

Other than subbing out Neymar it's hard to fault Lucho for anything tbh. This time individual mistakes cost us, not bad tactical decisions.

BBZ8800

Lucho tried? Are you OK with Barca parking the bus away to Sevilla? :lol: We played Sevilla like we played Real Madrid. Jesus Christ, it was abysmal from Lucho. Yea, Bravo, Pique and Suarez fucked up, but this was a game lost because we did what Chelsea usually does when facing a better team -- i.e. we tried to defend a narrow lead.

442 isn't parking the bus.
Rijkaard was doing the same a lot of times in the dying 10-15 minutes when we were winning CL in 2006'.
Pep was also doing somewhat similar things in the last 10-15 minutes with Keita.

Lucho wanted control, and it didn't pay off this time.

Imagine if we played the same 433 and conceded a goal for 2:2 in the 85th minute.
People would whine: why he didn't put Masch or someone and killed off the match?
Or why he didn't try to defend in the last 10 minutes?

He tried, it didn't work out this time.

serghei

Fire him after this season? Because of this? Are you fucking serious? So much overreacting, just wow. We're still first in La Liga, will win the Copa del Rey and have a good chance of playing in the CL final.

If he desn't win CL or La Liga he'll be gone. And he should be. Winning Copa del Rey is pretty much a consolation prize if Madrid takes the League. Especially after the advantage Barca had. We're still in control, but Lucho is clearly a so-so coach.

Neymar and Messi were not in the game because the game we wanted to play was a defensive one. Lucho probably wanted to sub Suarez and Messi too, and put in Bartra and Mascherano.

We hardly played defensively the game was very open and end to end. If we had took our chances scored we would have scored at least 5.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Other than subbing out Neymar it's hard to fault Lucho for anything tbh. This time individual mistakes cost us, not bad tactical decisions.

This. Bravo and Piqué know it too. I doubt they will fuck up like this again as they know we can't afford it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Subbing a winger for a CM is a sign of attacking? :lol: If that is what you saw, fine by me. I thought we looked like Chelsea, the team pretty much everyone here hates.

We didn't park the bus, we played Sevilla away and they did play a very good second half. With fewer players out of form, yes Iniesta and Suarez I'm talking about you, we would have won this. Messi was also so so in the second, but we can't expect him to carry us EVERY game he plays.

Home of Barca Fans