Luis Enrique

StarLord

Of course we were lazy in the 2nd half. It was crucial to kill the tie in the 1st half. Espanyol will be a hard opponent since they're our arch rival and will give everything they have. Roberto and Xavi did well although the drop in quality compared to Busquets - Iniesta was noticeable.

Iniesta - Rakitic will be the midfield duo vs Espanyol and I reckon Xavi is fit enough to come in for the last 30 minutes.

I know there was a rational behind it, but still, I am a sucker for these big games and I love complete performances in such grand occasions! On the other hand, the relatively narrow scoreline keeps our feet on the ground which can only be good!

xavi_the_Boss

Have you seen our second half? Some of the passing from Busquets and Xavi was in fact lazy! Roberto on the other hand, was not lazy, he is just not good enough!

The match was over by then and nobody cared.
Sergi has done well the last few times he played.He will never be a starter but could be a usefull squad Player.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Luis Enrique's Barcelona have won 42 of their first 50 games, Best start of a Barcelona coach in history .

CDJWC4cWYAMNAXv.png:large

Last edited:

FC B

Almost can't believe Lucho made Barca go into the semis without any shadow of a doubt. It is great but there are still 10 games ahead that will make the difference between succes and failure.

StarLord

Almost can't believe Lucho made Barca go into the semis without any shadow of a doubt. It is great but there are still 10 games ahead that will make the difference between succes and failure.

Well, I can remember at the start of the season when people were 100% certain that we could not win any titles. Maybe only the Copa del Rey! Isn't that what was being said for a long time by many?

I even remember some posters claiming that we had zero chance in the CL versus the following teams: Chelsea, Dortmund, Atletico, Real and Bayern. Some people need to repent!

StarLord

Luis Enrique's Barcelona have won 42 of their first 50 games, Best start of a Barcelona coach in history .

CDJWC4cWYAMNAXv.png:large

So, results show that Lucho pawns Pep!

This is the point where I have to repeat the following ultra-vital realities:

a) Pep had a better collection of players.

b) La Liga was much weaker back in 08/09. In fact, I would have to say, infinitely weaker.

c) The Champions League was also far weaker (I mean, the EPL was dominating)

d) We had far easier opponents in the CL group stage than we did this year. We also had a far weaker opponent in the last 16 back in 08/09 (Lyon). And we had a far weaker opponent in the QF as well (a rather weak Bayern)

As the great Benitez would say: "Fachts!"

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
lol StarLord still going strong .. man !

The players were absolutely NOT lazy, we pressed like demons in the 1st half and completely controlled the 2nd! Wonderful performance from (almost) everyone from begining till the end.

And Roberto was solid replacing Busi !!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do agree with certain points but I also think that's unfair and unreasonable to compare different times like that.
Heck, even now with only few hours passed PSG is suddenly "shit".

Stats are great so far and I'm just enjoying the ride. Only 10 Barca games left this season!

Home of Barca Fans