Luis Enrique

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't think anyone is downplaying Messi's MASSIVE role in our season (obviously, he's the goat after all), however, claiming he's the single reason for our success is a big big stretch, and a downplay of ALL other 30-ish people on the team's role in this, from other players to manager to medical staff etc..

Xtroverto

And btw guys, keep in mind I'm only talking about la liga.
Lucho's rotation is pivotal in keeping our players healthy and fit so far in the season, so we can have a good chance at the CL.
Liga doesn't work that way though, lucho's mistakes would have cost us irredeemable points if not for messi.

So that is why Messi won us the 2011-12 league then, right :messi:

Scoring and assisting like never before or after and yet we ended up 15! points behind Real.

The reason for winning the league this season is because Lucho has created a TEAM, without a team, Messi won't win anything as we have seen with Argentina. So your argument that Lucho has no merit and that it is all thanks to glorious Messi is pure bull.

JamDav1982

I have noticed in many of your posts you tend to downplay messi's achievements.
I don't know what you have against him but I think I made my case clear, this debate is over.

Text book argument 'if you don't agree with my ridiculous view of Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top then you are downplaying him'.

Get real.

Not going to be lectured to about Barcelonas achievements from someone who says they only support Barca for Messi and most likely won't after he is gone.

You avoid answering the Córdoba question as you know it destroys your theory of Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Text book argument 'if you don't agree with my ridiculous view of Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top then you are downplaying him'.

Get real.

Not going to be lectured to about Barcelonas achievements from someone who says they only support Barca for Messi and most likely won't after he is gone.

You avoid answering the Córdoba question as you know it destroys your theory of Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top.

Mate I couldn't be more clear.
If we didn't have messi we wouldn't win the liga this season, I can't be more clear than that.

Darko

For a club like Barca it's all about the big games, we're always going to trash the likes of Rayo Vallecano even if we play our worst football in years just because of the quality we have, but in big games so far Lucho has only 2 losses, and that was at the start of the season. Compare that to Tito or Tata who had a horrible recored against Atletico/Real Madrid and you see just how good Lucho is.
Not to mention the fact that the league is much harder now with Real, Atletico, Sevilla and Valencia all capable of beating us, the CL road has been one of the hardest and the Copa has not been kind to us too, Atletico and Villarreal were on fire after trashing Real and having an undefeated streak respectively.
And the football we are playing is incredible, some of the Tito/Tata games were unwatchable and if it were any other club I would have changed the channel immediately, so how can you say it's all about Messi when every single player we have is performing at their best since the Pep glory days?

Xtroverto

If we didn't have messi we wouldn't win the liga this season, I can't be more clear than that.

This is still a totally non valid argument for downplaying Lucho's contribution to winning this league. Every single league winning team since la liga started in 1929 has had a player you can point to and say, without that player they would never have won the title, so with your way or arguing there has never existed a single coach in la liga history that has had any impact on the winning team, right :pep:

JamDav1982

Maybe not but you if ignore the fact Messi can't win anything on his own and that he needs the correct platform to elevate Barca to league and CL success.

It is not all on the boots of Messi. There have been plenty of points won by other players in the team,

It is a collective effort and you refuse to answer the Messi Cordoba question as you know it proved Messi needs the correct platform to help Barca win.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona are considering to renew the contract of Luis Enrique (45). The current contract of the coach expires in 2016. [onda cero]

Stric

Keeping Messi fit, happy and surrounding him with players that elevate his game is in large part down to coaching staff at Barca.

Getting the best out of Messi and giving him the platform to succeed is the main thing for any Barca coach.

While there have been plenty of points gained when Messi has not been that great anyway. In the past Messi played poor and Barca were done.

Getting the best out of Messi? You mean, Messi himself instructing Suarez about their positions, after Lucho's tactics didn't work?

Downplaying Messi's influence and involvement in making the front three so successful is just ignorant.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Getting the best out of Messi? You mean, Messi himself instructing Suarez about their positions, after Lucho's tactics didn't work?

Downplaying Messi's influence and involvement in making the front three so successful is just ignorant.

Giving all of the credit to Messi for the move back to RW, is also ignorant.

F

Flavia

It was his idea. LE saw it worked and kept it. Also built on it, fixed the midfield. It's a team sport, and LE has been great in managing, since anoeta.

Stric

Where did you see me give all the credit to Messi? I never said he was the only one who deserves credit for it, or the entire team working well. But it would be absurd to ignore the fact that our front three only started working this well after Messi himself dealt with how he and Suarez were going to play. Lucho was only smart enough to keep it going, but he wasn't the one who thought of it.

Home of Barca Fans