Luis Enrique

Xtroverto

Yes and these tactics of lucho were really bad until 4 months ago.
Messi carried us till lucho could field a proper side.
And it's not the first time he's done it either, Leo won the liga on his own under Tito, remember?
Similar to the bayern game, if not for messi we'd probably drawn 0-0.

You just don't have a clue, up to and including the Real Sociedad game Messi scored in less than half of the games, 8 out of 17, and of those 8, 3 were won before he even scored (Levante, Granada and Eibar). So Messi was critical in 5 out of 17 games, yea that will definitely win us the league :rolleyes:

And in the 1/8 against City we went through thanks to Suarez, in the 1/4 thanks to Neymar, With Messi alone we would have been ELIMINATED.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yes? So, what's your point?
Let's put it otherwise, imo messi's contribution to the league>>>>>lucho's.
Replace lucho with someone else and messi would probably still give us the league.
Replace messi and well, I don't need to write anything else.

I am sure I have read you blaming the Argentina strikers for not winning the WC.

So you see Messi can only do so much no matter how good he is.

Where for example do you think Cordoba would finish in the league with their current set up plus Messi?

You are changing the argument now anyway. As before you said Messi ONLY reason Barca are not 9 points off pace.

Stric

We wanted him gone and it was for a good reason. I have no problem admitting I was very disappointed with Lucho until recently. His lineups, his tactics and his attitude were extremely suspect, and for a good while it looked like we were heading towards a complete disaster. On top of that, there were the rumors about him being in bad relations with the players. Anyone in their right mind would criticize him at that point. Just because he has turned out to be successful several months later doesn't mean that he was doing it right all along.

And while it is true that the team as a whole is responsible for everything this season, if Messi had been in anything less than his recent absolute godly form, it's questionable whether we'd be in front of Madrid. Even this way we're only inches ahead.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
lol ... even I don't agree that Messi is the sole reason for our season, that's total nonsense.

Since after Anoeta Lucho has been more than good, a few slips here and there but he's learning, the team is improving on all aspects (it's not messi that gets us cleansheets), Messi has always scored tons of goals, but they serve no point if we conceded as much or more, or if we're unable to unlock busses/games with tactics rather than just rely on Messi.. those have been key changes, along with the team's renewed motivation and belief that they can achieve great things, the perfect blend of tiki-taka and sudden verticality... Lucho has turned us into an unbeatable team on our best day :)

Before we were outscoring teams, now we suffocate them from defense to attack.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I am sure I have read you blaming the Argentina strikers for not winning the WC.

So you see Messi can only do so much no matter how good he is.

Where for example do you think Cordoba would finish in the league with their current set up plus Messi?

You are changing the argument now anyway. As before you said Messi ONLY reason Barca are not 9 points off pace.

That's not true.
Although obviously palacio/higuain/aguero could do a much better job, I said multiple times and very clearly that messi was burned out towards the end of last season and playing at around 50% in the world cup.
If messi was fit and healthy in that WC final I'm 100% sure argentina would be the champions.

JamDav1982

We wanted him gone and it was for a good reason. I have no problem admitting I was very disappointed with Lucho until recently. His lineups, his tactics and his attitude were extremely suspect, and for a good while it looked like we were heading towards a complete disaster. On top of that, there were the rumors about him being in bad relations with the players. Anyone in their right mind would criticize him at that point. Just because he has turned out to be successful several months later doesn't mean that he was doing it right all along.

And while it is true that the team as a whole is responsible for everything this season, if Messi had been in anything less than his recent absolute godly form, it's questionable whether we'd be in front of Madrid. Even this way we're only inches ahead.

Keeping Messi fit, happy and surrounding him with players that elevate his game is in large part down to coaching staff at Barca.

Getting the best out of Messi and giving him the platform to succeed is the main thing for any Barca coach.

While there have been plenty of points gained when Messi has not been that great anyway. In the past Messi played poor and Barca were done.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You just don't have a clue, up to and including the Real Sociedad game Messi scored in less than half of the games, 8 out of 17, and of those 8, 3 were won before he even scored (Levante, Granada and Eibar). So Messi was critical in 5 out of 17 games, yea that will definitely win us the league :rolleyes:

And in the 1/8 against City we went through thanks to Suarez, in the 1/4 thanks to Neymar, With Messi alone we would have been ELIMINATED.

Don't push it, even when Messi wasn't scoring he was assisting Neymar on a plate.

Against City it was mostly Messi show in both legs, against PSG in paris he was there too, only game he was absent was PSG in camp nou.

JamDav1982

That's not true.
Although obviously palacio/higuain/aguero could do a much better job, I said multiple times and very clearly that messi was burned out towards the end of last season and playing at around 50% in the world cup.
If messi was fit and healthy in that WC final I'm 100% sure argentina would be the champions.

So Lucho has done a good job in keeping Messi fresh this season and surrounding him with players he looks happier than ever beside?

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
And btw guys, keep in mind I'm only talking about la liga.
Lucho's rotation is pivotal in keeping our players healthy and fit so far in the season, so we can have a good chance at the CL.
Liga doesn't work that way though, lucho's mistakes would have cost us irredeemable points if not for messi.

JamDav1982

And btw guys, keep in mind I'm only talking about la liga.
Lucho's rotation is pivotal in keeping our players healthy and fit so far in the season, so we can have a good chance at the CL.
Liga doesn't work that way though, lucho's mistakes would have cost us irredeemable points if not for messi.

Where do you think Cordoba finish in league with Messi?

Your original argument about Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top is not all about Lucho but everyone at the club bar Messi.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Where do you think Cordoba finish in league with Messi?

Your original argument about Messi being ONLY reason Barca are top is not all about Lucho but everyone at the club bar Messi.

Don't nitpick jamdav, I'm not saying that messi alone could play 1v11 and win.
Football is a teamsport. All I'm saying is that we owe the liga to messi and not to lucho.

JamDav1982

Don't nitpick jamdav, I'm not saying that messi alone could play 1v11 and win.
Football is a teamsport. All I'm saying is that we owe the liga to messi and not to lucho.

You said Messi was ONLY reason and I aknowledge it is not about 1v11.

So for third time...where does Messi elevate Cordoba to in the league?

Lucho has played a huge part in La Liga - he gave green light to Suarez who has splayed a big part, got best out of Neymar, organised the defence and improved set pieces.

He has got Messi to latter part of season in peak physical condition as you said not the case last year.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You said Messi was ONLY reason and I aknowledge it is not about 1v11.

So for third time...where does Messi elevate Cordoba to in the league?

Lucho has played a huge part in La Liga - he gave green light to Suarez who has splayed a big part, got best out of Neymar, organised the defence and improved set pieces.

He has got Messi to latter part of season in peak physical condition as you said not the case last year.

I have noticed in many of your posts you tend to downplay messi's achievements.
I don't know what you have against him but I think I made my case clear, this debate is over.

Home of Barca Fans