Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me. We basically paid the release clause too(40 mil.) Too much for a 29y.o.
Still, Lucho must know better.

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "I'm happy with the transfers. We had discussed the names before. Arda will be a key player."

Luis Enrique: "Pedro? There's a buyout fee, so in the end the player decides, but my idea is clear: I don't want anyone to leave."

Luis Enrique: "Vermaelen and Douglas this season? I expect the same from them as from the others, that they perform at their best level."

Luis Enrique: "I asked for Pogba for next year? I don't talk about players that are not part of my squad."

Luis Enrique: "I will of course respect his decision, but I want Pedro to stay. Bartra was in a similar situation and he decided to stay."

Luis Enrique: "Sandro and Munir are part of the first team squad now. Very happy with that, we'll see if they will stay."

Luis Enrique: "Copa America players have holidays for one month. They'll play Super Cups? We'll see when they return."

Luis Enrique: "Samper, Gumbau and Halilovic players are B-team players who are doing the pre-season with the first team."

Luis Enrique: "I'm obviously not happy with the performance of any of the B-team players last season, they could have done a lot better."

Luis Enrique: "Denis Suarez? We wanted for him to return, but Fifa didn't allow it, so he'll stay at Sevilla."

Luis Enrique: "Adriano? Didn't yet talk with him. He could want to go, but I don't want anyone to leave, we're in a special situation."

Luis Enrique: "I talked with Neymar, but not about Copa America. He knows he made a mistake, he should learn from that."

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Didn't he say or imply he asked for him?

He carefully worded it but what could he say, 'I never asked for him'?

A ridiculous chain of events from the most morally, legally & financially corrupt board the club has ever known....Even Gordon Gecko blushes

Alen

He carefully worded it but what could he say, 'I never asked for him'?

A ridiculous chain of events from the most morally, legally & financially corrupt board the club has ever known....Even Gordon Gecko blushes

True i guess. Really strange signing if Lucho didn't ask for him, Arda wouldn't get Bartomeu votes imo. He's not fancy enough.

Stric

So wait, I'm confused... I thought Enrique specifically asked for Arda? If not, then it turns out Bartomeu scheduled the temporary board to sign him as a political move?

F

Flavia

So wait, I'm confused... I thought Enrique specifically asked for Arda? If not, then it turns out Bartomeu scheduled the temporary board to sign him as a political move?

That's what he said:

“Mi responsabilidad era la de planificar y por supuesto había hablado de los jugadores que sabíamos que se iban a ir y aprovecho para felicitar a la junta gestora por la incorporación de Arda Turan, al que consideramos que es un buen refuerzo y viene a reforzar nuestra plantilla”.

He didn't say if he asked for him, or if he didn't.

JamDav1982

Did Lucho not specifically say he asked for Arda and Vidal before going on to congratulate the interim board for making the decision to sign Arda?

Where is the vagueness or confusion coming from? Seems quite clear he wanted Arda at club and asked for him.

Home of Barca Fans