Luis Enrique

Alik

Lucho took a gamble and didn't pay off. I don't blame him though.

If he had started a full squad, there might have been injuries. Considering the fact that we already have Alba and Neymar out, just imagine starting La Liga with additional injuries.

Even if no one did get injured, there would still be no guarantee that we would win. We have just played 120 mins less than 3 days ago, and the team is clearly unfit. Lucho clearly wanted to ride out the storm and have a rested squad for the return leg.

Anyways, people need to calm down. It would have been really nice to win the sextuple, but losing it is not the end of the world. Bilbao and Barca fans care about winning the Super Cup, but the majority of the world isn't even watching. With regards to the score line, it sucks, but it's not like when we lost to Bayern.

F

Flavia

Still, very bad decisions for the second match in a row...

What else could he do? Apart from playing rakitic, iniesta, busi and pique, and risk them getting injured... Alba is injured, Neymar sick. It's not like anoeta, when he had the full squad.

Messi had his right foot really swollen after sevilla. 3 days later he plays, and not well, as I was expecting.

bismp

If we say that he is clueless,then everyone will be saying that he won the treble.Di Matteo also won the CL,but it is proven that he isn't a great coach.

Anyway,fielding Bartra,Verminator,Adriano,Mascherano as CDM,Roberto and Rafinha(and i dare say Mats also)at the same time at San Mames against a fully motivated Bilbao,and hoping that Messi will score solo goals,is asking for it...

Actually,the fact that he won the treble may make him think that:"i am a great coach,i can do whatever i want and win!".This is embarassing...Let's see what he's going to do at the San Mames next week.

This is how he should have done it IMO:
Bravo
Dani/Masche/Matthieu/Adriano
Rakitic(sub for sergi roberto at half time)/Busi/Rafinha
MSP

Last edited:

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "I had to make make many changes because we had only three days to recover. I take responsibility for the loss."

Luis Enrique: "Comeback possible? This was just the first half. If there's one team that can turn this around it's Barça.

Luis Enrique: "I've never played an easy game against Athletic. I congratulate them but on Monday there will be another atmosphere" #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "Calendar hurt us, just back from trip to Georgia? This is not the time to look for excuses. The calendar is what it is."

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He did try to be the genius he clearly is not ... I feel that way too to be honest!

Unless we don't care at all about this trophy, and then why even field Messi or Suarez, play the entire bench team... Nah, he taught he could get away with it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What else could he do? Apart from playing rakitic, iniesta, busi and pique, and risk them getting injured... Alba is injured, Neymar sick. It's not like anoeta, when he had the full squad.

Messi had his right foot really swollen after sevilla. 3 days later he plays, and not well, as I was expecting.

Yeah, I know all of that, but 6 changes are way too many! He could have been smarter about it... Start Rafinha and Iniesta (which I don't like, but he has done it in the past), then sub Iniesta for Raki in the second half and maybe Roberto for Raffi... That way, we would have had at least someone controlling the midfield without overplaying any player... In defense, he should have gone with Piqué as a starter and sub him later on for Bartra, so he could get some rest... That's just off the top of my head and I'm not even putting Busquets in the situation!

He also played both Messi and Suárez who had played the whole 120 minutes on Tuesday, so why the excuse to rest or protect players doesn't apply to them? And the game was 4 - 0, he could have at least subbed one of them instead of Pedro when Sandro came in, they still need rest and protection, don't they?

F

Flavia

Yeah, I know all of that, but 6 changes are way too many! He could have been smarter about it... Start Rafinha and Iniesta (which I don't like, but he has done it in the past), then sub Iniesta for Raki in the second half and maybe Roberto for Raffi... That way, we would have had at least someone controlling the midfield without overplaying any player... In defense, he should have gone with Piqué as a starter and sub him later on for Bartra, so he could get some rest... That's just off the top of my head and I'm not even putting Busquets in the situation!

He also played both Messi and Suárez who had played the whole 120 minutes on Tuesday, so why the excuse to rest or protect players doesn't apply to them? And the game was 4 - 0, he could have at least subbed one of them instead of Pedro when Sandro came in, they still need rest and protection, don't they?

Iniesta got out with a knock against Sevilla. And tbf, athletic scored more after he was subbed in. He's not in top shape. Maybe Busquets. But we don't know if he was too tired too.
Messi and Suarez are forwards, and Enrique probably thought they could so something. But they were also dead tired. It showed.

dakt

I don't know why so many of you defend Lucho. It was clear that defense is shit against Sevilla and he pulls out even worst decision for his defense plan against the Bilbao.
You can't rest both, defense and midfield and expect MSP to make wonders. If we had at least Busi, things would looked different. Maybe even Iniesta, for at least 1st half.

Home of Barca Fans