Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When you have Messi anything is possible (and if he hadn't been tired he could have pulled it off) so I don't think Lucho deliberateliy threw the game away.

F

Flavia

I wouldn't be so sure. Bilbao has an even worse injury situation, that might have led him on to think he could take them with that lineup. But either way, resting the players tonight isn't prioritizing the league, it's prioritizing the second leg.
Athletic players weren't as tired as Barça's, and that made a big difference. And they will be in better shape again on Monday. Enrique would need to be really dumb to think that team he fielded would win vs athletic, even with Messi. Because Messi had a swollen foot 2 days before this match.

Neymessi

I think he was not going to start anything other than the starting 11 come full season so he thought to start this crap thinking of the return leg as a failsafe.But he picked extremely bad.He chose the worst cbs we have atm.Didn't start any of our our attacking midfielders and paid the price.I have little hope of overturning this but on the bright side lucho won't experiment again.

UberNjufer

I am all for rotation,but you cant play bartra and roberto at the same time.We were practically playing with 9 men for most of the game

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I have no problem with Lucho prioritizing the UEFA Super Cup over the Super Spanish Cup.

He tried to show some faith in Rafinha, Roberto, and Bartra. He gave them a chance to step up and show what they really got without Rakitic/Iniesta and Pique to lean on. This crop of La Masia graduates just aren't that good and fringe squad players at best.

Hopefully we'll be in striking distance of both Real and Atleti come January when we get some reinforcements.

Barcilliant

I have no problem with Lucho prioritizing the UEFA Super Cup over the Super Spanish Cup.

He tried to show some faith in Rafinha, Roberto, and Bartra. He gave them a chance to step up and show what they really got without Rakitic/Iniesta and Pique to lean on. This crop of La Masia graduates just aren't that good and fringe squad players at best.

Hopefully we'll be in striking distance of both Real and Atleti come January when we get some reinforcements.

We need major reinforcements. At least two world class players.
Feel kind of sorry for Lucho. He never seems to have any breathing space.

Barcilliant

True.

He wasn't "prioritizing the league". Anyone who thinks he consciously went into the Supercup to lose is delusional. All he did was rest his tired players for the second leg. And that's fair enough. One could argue against it, but it definitely makes sense. But he wasn't expecting such a huge loss, which means he overestimated his lineup and/or underestimated Bilbao. And to be fair, there were many individual errors. But you always have to count on those.

He did prioritise the league.
He placed faith in our second tier players and was badly let down.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Luis Enrique: "If I had to do it over, I would make the same lineup" #FCBlive

What an arrogant douche.

V

vigneshFCB

No great team can lose 4-0, and be dominated in such a manner that it could have been more.

Antimadridista1

Luis Enrique: "If I had to do it over, I would make the same lineup" #FCBlive

What an arrogant douche.

What a cunt. He admits that he made a mistake but he says that he would do the same mistake all over. Don't you learn Lucho ?
His arrogance reminds me of Mouirnho and I hate this.

F

Flavia

What a cunt. He admits that he made a mistake but he says that he would do the same mistake all over. Don't you learn Lucho ?
His arrogance reminds me of Mouirnho and I hate this.
We have the worse bench in decades. Still, Enrique couldn't just bash his own players to the press. And saying he should had played a different lineup is that.

Antimadridista1

We have the worse bench in decades. Still, Enrique couldn't just bash his own players to the press. And saying he should had played a different lineup is that.

You're right but even with the transfer ban, they could've prevent that.
Iniesta only played 60 minutes against Sevilla and I think that he should've start yesterday, along one of Roberto/Rafinha.
Same in defense, I also don't understand why Pique didn't start.
We didn't have any true leader on the pitch and to throw all these substitutes at San Mames is either madness or arrogance, or maybe both.

Home of Barca Fans