Luis Enrique

F

Flavia

You're right but even with the transfer ban, they could've prevent that.
Iniesta only played 60 minutes against Sevilla and I think that he should've start yesterday, along one of Roberto/Rafinha.
Same in defense, I also don't understand why Pique didn't start.
We didn't have any true leader on the pitch and to throw all these substitutes at San Mames is either madness or arrogance, or maybe both.
If he did that, and one of Iniesta or Pique got injured, Enrique would be being bashed for risking them after a game like the supercup. I posted here before, that I feared this season is when the ban would hurt us, and it's happening.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We actually conceded more once Iniesta and Rakitic came in so some of the cries above don't stand.
If anything those remaining from best 11 (Suarez, Messi, Alves) all had bad games too.

serghei

We actually conceded more once Iniesta and Rakitic came in so some of the cries above don't stand.
If anything those remaining from best 11 (Suarez, Messi, Alves) all had bad games too.

Iniesta and Rakitic can't make the other players look great like magic. He can't make Roberto pass better, Adriano to defend and Alves to not imitate John Cena in his own penalty box.

Stric

Luis Enrique: "If I had to do it over, I would make the same lineup" #FCBlive

What an arrogant douche.

Just like he always has been. He wasn't appointed coach to do what he thinks is right in his heart, he was brought in to get results. So for anyone having problems understanding why this is arrogant, the answer is simple: you have a coach that admits he'd lose 4-0 all over again if he was given the chance.

F

Flavia

Just like he always has been. He wasn't appointed coach to do what he thinks is right in his heart, he was brought in to get results. So for anyone having problems understanding why this is arrogant, the answer is simple: you have a coach that admits he'd lose 4-0 all over again if he was given the chance.
That's not what he said, at all. And not arrogant at all, either. What did you want him to say? "Yeah, the players I chose were crap, I should had chosen a different team."? What coach would bash his own players to the press? He was just protecting his players.

Stric

I understand that he can't bash his own players, but it doesn't have to be about the players, he could have said that he would have tried different tactics or positioning or whatever, and that way he would have shown that he cares about the result and that he isn't criticizing the players. This way he's saying he has no regrets, although his team was absolutely humiliated.

Trickykid

Wow, look at all the worms coming out of the woodwork to jump on Lucho.

Arrogant douche, cunt and so on? How pathetic can you get?

F

Flavia

I understand that he can't bash his own players, but it doesn't have to be about the players, he could have said that he would have tried different tactics or positioning or whatever, and that way he would have shown that he cares about the result and that he isn't criticizing the players. This way he's saying he has no regrets, although his team was absolutely humiliated.
Did you bother to read everything he said, or are you deciding everything he meant just by this quote? Because he was not even one bit arrogant, and actually said what you wanted him to say, but as usual people jump on an out of context quote:

"Asumo la responsabilidad de la derrota. He hecho rotaciones. Tomo las decisiones y las acato. Felicito al Athletic”.

El Athletic ha superado con cierta facilidad al Barça, pero Luis Enrique no cambiaría su planteamiento inicial. Así, si se jugara el partido otra vez “no cometería ninguno de los errores que se han cometido. Sigo confiando en los jugadores. Haría la misma alineación pero esperaría que el resultado no fuera el mismo”.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
"Haría la misma alineación pero esperaría que el resultado no fuera el mismo”

Translation : "I would repeat the same line-up, but would expect a different result" .. lol

I'm sorry Flavia but what he said is actually the very definition of insanity, stuborness and arrogance.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

F

Flavia

Translation : "I would repeat the same line-up, but would expect a different result" .. lol

I'm sorry Flavia but what he said is actually the very definition of insanity, stuborness and arrogance.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

No, it's not. He's just protecting the players. He can't just bash them to the press, and lower their morales to the ground even more. It's just words, we have no way in knowing if he would actually choose the same lineup, if he knew beforehand he'd lose 4-0. That's just being spiteful.

Pep did similar in 2010. Started Mino in goal(anyone remembers him?), jds, sergi gomez, oriol romeu and maxwell as lw vs Sevilla. Benched Messi. We lost 3-1. Difference was Pep had Keita, Milito, Abidal. And Enrique has Bartra, Verm, Roberto...

Stric

Yeah well Pep only needed 2-0 in the return leg to win. Lucho needs 5-0. That's a whole lot different. Also, Sevilla in 2010 was a much better team than the current Bilbao. Pep's 3-1 loss to them is not really similar to this.

Home of Barca Fans