Luis Enrique

mssarm

I believe he burnt his stuborness quota last season during the first 6months, and he was actually hailed a genius once he settled for a best 11 because "he was testing to figure out the best combo".. but that can only work once, now we know the best combo, we know the best subs for rotations, going crazy with the line-ups again doesn't make any sense, he will come back to the best 11 (and it's light variations for fitness/injuries) sooner or later, because that's what works.

There's really only 3 possible explanations :

1 - He voluntarely threw a trophy away - I don't believe it, a double sextuple is something historic
2 - He criminally under-estimated Bilbao - .... arrogance ? dellusion ? call it what you wish
3 - He's back to his lab to try and find a new best 11 - This is what scares me, I hope to god this is not the case

Well I can see that you have no respect for Lucho and obviously winning all the possible trophies means nothing and getting beat up by Atletic is simply diminishing all the previous achievements. Assuming that Lucho is a criminal and should be in jail for undermining Bilbao and possibly having sabotaged Barca trophy quest- I'm sure he will get the punishment he deserves. I'm just curious who do you think should train Barca once Lucho is kicked out of the job. You should have pretty good idea about that- I assume you probably managed world class clubs yourself and maybe you can share your valuable point of view with the rest of us? Please, go ahead!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well I can see that you have no respect for Lucho and obviously winning all the possible trophies means nothing and getting beat up by Atletic is simply diminishing all the previous achievements. Assuming that Lucho is a criminal and should be in jail for undermining Bilbao and possibly having sabotaged Barca trophy quest- I'm sure he will get the punishment he deserves. I'm just curious who do you think should train Barca once Lucho is kicked out of the job. You should have pretty good idea about that- I assume you probably managed world class clubs yourself and maybe you can share your valuable point of view with the rest of us? Please, go ahead!

lol talk about over reacting.. from where do you gather I have no respect for lucho ? that I want him in jail (wth) ?? or that I want another coach ? I haven't said that anywhere, because I don't.

However, I am upset about what he did, when it's far from being the first time.. and please, as much as I give all credit for many things he did right (mostly the "smart" rotations, and strategy/ unzue) we all know the real responsables for 90% of the trebble are the players (when he chose them correctly), Lucho is perfect in the role of maintaining everything together, players motivated and fresh, but he is not a mastermind, his subs are very often wrong, he should stick to the basics, that are already proven to work, when was the last time an experiment of his worked out well against a good team ?

Tbh, I was falling asleep but tought i'd come back to may be change that exact line you bolded, figured it'll irritate some, for that i'm sorry, but it's still my point of view, and I don't need to be a world class manager to have one.

serghei

People don't understand that Supercopa is a small, almost meaningless trophy. The most important thing is to arrive fresh and fit at the start of La Liga. This is fucking preseason guys. If we lose like that in La Liga, then yes, you can start criticizing Lucho harshly, I'll probably do the same. But, until that happens, I have faith in Lucho. I hope that he will rotate in a smart way, and that we'll only see the bench players in the games that won't expose them in such a brutal way as the friday game on San Mames did. The fact is our bench players are not good enough at the moment, but I have no problem with them playing in the small home games against La Liga's worst teams, or in minor competitions. I will have a problem is somehow Lucho decides to play them on Anoeta, or vs. Malaga away, or vs. Sevilla. He already has the lessons of last year, with Douglas being the worst on the pitch vs. Malaga, or with the loss on Sociedad, after resting too many of our top players (especially Messi and Neymar).

At least 2 of Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, need to start in every game in midfield in La Liga until Arda is available, I would make that a rule if I were Lucho. The odd midfield was one of the main reasons why this 4-0 happened. It was way too experimental to function well.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
For me this should be the subs for us:
GK: MaTS/Bravo (doesn't matter much)
RB: Dani > Roberto
RCB: Pique > Bartra
LCB: Masch > Matheiu
LB: Alba > Mathieu or Verm > Roberto or Grimaldo > Adriano
DM: Busi > Roberto
RCM: Rakitic > Rafinha > Samper > Masch
LCM: Iniesta > Rakitic > Rafinha > Messi
LW: Ney > Pedro > Munir or Sandro
ST: Suarez > Sandro > Munir
RW: Messi > Pedro > Munir or Sandro

Barcilliant

LOL, the season hasn't started and people already have their knives out.

Was this forum active when Rijkaard was in his first season and we were 18th in the league at Christmas???:p

F

Flavia

For me this should be the subs for us:
GK: MaTS/Bravo (doesn't matter much)
RB: Dani > Roberto
RCB: Pique > Bartra
LCB: Masch > Matheiu
LB: Alba > Mathieu or Verm > Roberto or Grimaldo > Adriano
DM: Busi > Roberto
RCM: Rakitic > Rafinha > Samper > Masch
LCM: Iniesta > Rakitic > Rafinha > Messi
LW: Ney > Pedro > Munir or Sandro
ST: Suarez > Sandro > Munir
RW: Messi > Pedro > Munir or Sandro

Bartra subbing pique? Hopefully not. Better to play masche and matheiu.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Bartra subbing pique? Hopefully not. Better to play masche and matheiu.

keep in mind I'd like to have at least one of Masch or Pique in the lineup plus Bartra is still the only one who decently plays RCB. Mathieu is better on the left and Verm should be just LB backup. Just my opinion though

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Lucho doing the same exact mistakes he did in the start of last season too.
I would like to see valverde coaching us so much, imagine us playing his style of pressure that bilbao does, we would be unstoppable.

BigBarcaBoy

Lucho doing the same exact mistakes he did in the start of last season too.
I would like to see valverde coaching us so much, imagine us playing his style of pressure that bilbao does, we would be unstoppable.

i like valverde and one day he may coach but i think it's a little early for lucho to go, i know he hasn't won a trophy for over a week but a bit of patience is required, at least til next week

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
People don't understand that Supercopa is a small, almost meaningless trophy. The most important thing is to arrive fresh and fit at the start of La Liga. This is fucking preseason guys. If we lose like that in La Liga, then yes, you can start criticizing Lucho harshly, I'll probably do the same. But, until that happens, I have faith in Lucho. I hope that he will rotate in a smart way, and that we'll only see the bench players in the games that won't expose them in such a brutal way as the friday game on San Mames did. The fact is our bench players are not good enough at the moment, but I have no problem with them playing in the small home games against La Liga's worst teams, or in minor competitions. I will have a problem is somehow Lucho decides to play them on Anoeta, or vs. Malaga away, or vs. Sevilla. He already has the lessons of last year, with Douglas being the worst on the pitch vs. Malaga, or with the loss on Sociedad, after resting too many of our top players (especially Messi and Neymar).

At least 2 of Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, need to start in every game in midfield in La Liga until Arda is available, I would make that a rule if I were Lucho. The odd midfield was one of the main reasons why this 4-0 happened. It was way too experimental to function well.

Good post, except for the fact that it's not pre-season anymore, this was a competitive game, for a trophy that could give us the sextuple so that excuse doesn't work here.

La Liga has plenty of crap teams and new comers from adelante that we can beat with a line-up like this one, but this game was definitely not the one to go awol on.

Btw, we had only lost ONCE against Athletic in our last 25 games .. this was as close to a tramite trophy as it can get, and we threw it away! :(

Though if this game was indeed treated as pre-season and unimportant by Lucho, even if I don't get why he'd do that, that at least gives him an excuse.. because the alternative is he's back to his old DrExperiment from last year... and that scares the hell out of me.

Stric

The Supercopa may be a small, meaningless trophy in itself, but its significance is on a whole different level when its part of a possible sextuple.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
i like valverde and one day he may coach but i think it's a little early for lucho to go, i know he hasn't won a trophy for over a week but a bit of patience is required, at least til next week

I'm not asking for lucho to be sacked, just saying how much I admire valverde's football.

You said some bullshit thought mate "he hasn't won a trophy for over a week".....
I'm sry but that's sensantionalism garbage, the type a daily mirror writer would print out.
Lucho didn't win shit by himself, didn't create a unique style or anything else and for all our trophies last season he's not even a top 15manager in the world. Know why?
Because messi won everything last season, together with neyboy and suarez, lucho was just the lucky passenger to be on the success train.

The only redeeming attribute of lucho is that he managed to keep the players fit and healthy even during the later stages of the season, in everything else he's smack right mediocre.

Home of Barca Fans