Luis Enrique

KingLeo10

It's ridiculous how you imply getting the players in shape and adding discipline to the squad is something minor. If he manages that in the world's best team that's already more than almost all coaches could do here and certainly more than his 2 predecessors did. Even Pep said towards the end of his tenure he couldn't convey his ideas to the squad anymore.

As for "Lucho had better players than Tata", I'm sorry but wasn't Tata the one who said we don't need a CB because Puyol is like a new signing? It's laughable how some of you understate the role of the staff in signing the correct players. Rakitic, Bravo & Mathieu were actively pursued and wanted by Lucho and his staff and proved to be great signings, and Arda & Vidal will hopefully prove the same. Meanwhile Pep's transfers were mostly garbage & Tata was happy with Neymar and Puyol.

"Revolutionary" and "innovative" hasn't proven to be very successful for Pep at Bayern now has it? And about Pep's abilities as a tactician, I'd rather not talk. The guy has been playing with exactly 1 system from the beginning of his coaching career. When it works, it's fantastic, but when it doesn't, his players embarrass themselves. Lucho brought a new, more direct and obviously more successful playing style too & apart from that, he reinvigorated the squad. Neymar played 10 times better this season than the last one. Suarez immediately found his way into the team (like the other signings). Messi was much better; Alves, Piqué, Busquets, Xavi, Alba & Mascherano too - some of which most people on here had already given up hope. Did Messi not only himself magically and without any influence from the coach play a lot better but also somehow make everyone else play better? Did Messi make the opponents have 0 shots on target in games where they would previously have several?

I'd advise everyone to take a moment and appreciate what we have achieved; and especially to stop thinking this is Football Manager. Some of the comments on here already remind me of last season when people came up with borderline insane suggestions like Oscar Garcia who in his entire career has only coached teams where even I could play. Shows how spoiled but also how deluded some members of this forum are. If Barçaforum had a say in how the club is run we wouldn't even get into CL and Messi & every other half decent player would not hesitate to leave.

And all of this drama because of a meaningless loss in a competition almost no one cares about... but Barça fans do because they want to impress people on Twitter... get a freaking grip.

the final paragraph is well said, the treble is what truly matters, the sextuple is a mere little icing on the cake. sure it's historic but would you risk potential injuries and a maligned start to the la liga season just to win a supercopa? and judging by the brilliant way in which bilbao approached the game, even our full strength squad would have an uphill battle to win at san mames.

Stric

Suarez immediately found his way into the team? Could you have chosen more inappropriate words? Because what happened is Suarez struggled playing on the right, just like everyone said he would, but Lucho was too blind and/or stubborn to change it or even know how to change it. Only after Messi suggested a change in tactics did Suarez and the front three start working.

Also, I'm happy we have Lucho instead of Oscar Garcia, but that comment was really inappropriate considering that Lucho wasn't exactly a high profile or successful coach either prior to joining FCB. Neither was Pep. It means nothing.

Last edited:

xXKonan

CMjKl26VAAEKirx.jpg

:lucho:

V

vigneshFCB

And did you forget the amount of Dumb mistakes Pep has done as well in his Coaching Career? this is becoming a Habit with a certain segment of Barcelona fans that every Mistake and even slight mishap on Lucho's part they think "Lucho was carried by the team and MSN's Brilliance" while Some fans act like Pep was some sort of Flawless Individual that never made any sort of dumb Tactical and lineup mistakes. Pep did a lot of good here for Barcelona Obviously but he isn't some flawless individual like some Barca fans think he also made some dumb mistakes during his managing career and theirs nothing wrong with it.

I'm not even Comparing the two, I'm just stating the fact Even Pep wasn't flawless as some may think.
I am sorry, but there is some serious delusion. Luis Enrique is a 'good' coach. No coach can win a treble without being good.
But Pep Guardiola is a great coach. Even if Luis Enrique wins six trophies this season (not at all likely) Guardiola will be seen as the much better coach.
If Guardiola managed Barcelona in 14/15, he would also have won the treble - but in a much more convincing manner. Pep's philosophy is the best - it didn't fail this season or the previous season....any team in history (apart from Pep's Barca) would have lost to Barca and Real Madrid who were in such great form in the last two seasons. Also, Bayern 0-4 Real Madrid is not indicative of failure of Pep's philosophy - the players wanted to play more directly, contrary to Pep's wishes. If you remember Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern and Bayern 3-2 Barca, in both cases Pep's team had the opposition hemmed inside their own box and were better in normal gameplay, showcasing Bayern's superiority when the players follow Pep's philosophy and instructions correctly.
There is a reason why Pep's Bayern are still regarded as the best team in the world.

Alik

I am sorry, but there is some serious delusion. Luis Enrique is a 'good' coach. No coach can win a treble without being good.
But Pep Guardiola is a great coach. Even if Luis Enrique wins six trophies this season (not at all likely) Guardiola will be seen as the much better coach.
If Guardiola managed Barcelona in 14/15, he would also have won the treble - but in a much more convincing manner. Pep's philosophy is the best - it didn't fail this season or the previous season....any team in history (apart from Pep's Barca) would have lost to Barca and Real Madrid who were in such great form in the last two seasons. Also, Bayern 0-4 Real Madrid is not indicative of failure of Pep's philosophy - the players wanted to play more directly, contrary to Pep's wishes. If you remember Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern and Bayern 3-2 Barca, in both cases Pep's team had the opposition hemmed inside their own box and were better in normal gameplay, showcasing Bayern's superiority when the players follow Pep's philosophy and instructions correctly.
There is a reason why Pep's Bayern are still regarded as the best team in the world.

:lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
sensationalism? I was joking, if you think lucho did nothing other than stand on the touchline and point then that's your opinion. My opinion is that it is ridiculous to not give lucho any credit at all. But that is your opinion and the game is all about opinions

of course that's what Lucho did. Here I'll give u an example:
Lucho: "Hey you little dude."
Messi: "..."
Lucho: "Win me the game."
Messi: "..."
(proceeds to score a hattrick)

KingLeo10

fully fit bayern got torn to shreds by real at the allianz. 4-0. and not only were the bayern players outplayed, but ancelotti put pep in his pocket tactically.

oh, and it appears the FCB in your name stands for Football Club Bayern :lucho:

V

vigneshFCB

fully fit bayern got torn to shreds by real at the allianz. 4-0. and not only were the bayern players outplayed, but ancelotti put pep in his pocket tactically.

oh, and it appears the FCB in your name stands for Football Club Bayern :lucho:

:lol: I definitely support Barca, perhaps I'm too pessimistic :cheers:

Home of Barca Fans