Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Funny isn't it :lol:

Could've used Umtiti and gone 5 at the back. Or used Umtiti as a LB with Alba pushed further forward.

Lucho did tell Arda not to foul anyone though, so not really his fault that the guy is braindead. Even though Arda would be most people's last choice in a situation like that.

The thing I just find infuriating is that we had Messi and Mascherano there, Marcelo was going nowhere with his back to the goal and he just.....kicks him.

Yes, you can say Neymar and Messi should have scored and they really should have. But they didn't, and we still were leading with just four minutes left. Why do you do that man.....Why....Especially when your coach explicitly tells you not to do anything like that.

Last edited:

kilian

If he wanted to strengthen the defense, logical change would be to sub in Umtiti and push Mascherano higher up as a roaming destroyer in front of the defensive line. That way you would get a tall guy in the box with strong heading and Mascherano as a great tackler protecting the backline. Instead of that, he subs in Arda fucking Turan, one of the worst defenders in the team, known to make stupid fouls in dangerous positions.

And that post match conference confirms that even he, as blind as he is, knew that Arda makes stupid fouls, because he told him not to do that. Despite that, he subs him in to defend. That is beyond stupid.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho:

"I am not sorry about any decisions I made. If the game had ended in the 89th minute you would not be asking me this."

Game lasts 90 mins. last I checked.

God Serena

Poor Lucho. If only the game ended in the 89th minute, he'd be a hero. Shame there are 90 minutes + extra time, huh? The system must be rigged!

Lucho:

"I am not sorry about any decisions I made. If the game had ended in the 89th minute you would not be asking me this."

Game lasts 90 mins. last I checked.

This makes me want to beat lucho with Arda's own shoe. Obviously a butthurt response from him.

...Because if it wasn't, might as well sack him right away and let unzue try his luck.

F

FlaFCB

This makes me want to beat lucho with Arda's own shoe. Obviously a butthurt response from him.

...Because if it wasn't, might as well sack him right away and let unzue try his luck.

He never took criticism well. I also think the pressure is getting to him. He's probably searching in which flower shop zidane makes purchases right now :zidane:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Lucho has made so many fuck up's this season, it's beyond acceptable. But imho we did actually play well against Real, much better than them anyway.

Barcilliant

He's under pressure, he's making mistakes. However the players have to shoulder blame too. There is a picture which clearly shows that all our players weren't back in the box, defending.

Wrong sub putting Arda on but Area was given clear instructions not to foul.

So it isn't as simple as blaming Lucho but he has to rethink and rejig some stuff.

Without Iniesta our midfield is nothing. We need a player who can give some control but none of our current crop of newbies can do that.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He's under pressure, he's making mistakes. However the players have to shoulder blame too. There is a picture which clearly shows that all our players weren't back in the box, defending.

Wrong sub putting Arda on but Area was given clear instructions not to foul.

So it isn't as simple as blaming Lucho but he has to rethink and rejig some stuff.

Without Iniesta our midfield is nothing. We need a player who can give some control but none of our current crop of newbies can do that.

The sub of Arda was in itself the worst decision he could have made. Umtiti was leaps and bounds a better choice when you're fucking trying to see the game off with the lead in hand

BarçaBarça

We controlled the game by being very good off the ball. Real Madrid had 0 clear chances to score (Mascherano's stupidity aside). They had some half-chances. Created nothing really dangerous. Arda's mistake is down on him, not on Lucho. When the manager instructs you do not make gratuitous fouls, and you make exactly that, it's no longer the manager's fault. It's our fault as a player for not respecting what the manager told you to avoid.

I don't love Lucho unconditionally, but us not winning was not on him. Several details got out of hand and Madrid was there to make us pay for not closing the game when we should have.

But as a coach you could also choose the players who are better to listen to your advice, and the choice to put Arda on the field at that moment was quite unexplainable. Umtiti or even Mathieu in for the last part of the game to defend set-pieces would also make sense, especially when Mascherano didn't play his best game.
Of course everything Lucho did wasn't bad, and the criticism of a Rakitic-Gomes-midfield is also probably a little barca-romantic, because people would rather like a Modric-type of player to boss the midfield than two workhorses.

MagIX

I think his time is over, the team need new and fresh air, new tactics, new ideas...
I think the best for the team is to start with a new coach next saison
Anyway, i am not so negative for the rest of this season

Home of Barca Fans