Luis Enrique

mssarm

It`s not disrespect. He is payed enormous sums of money to do his job. He is doing it badly and he should be sacked, just like you or I would if we were bad at our jobs. End of story.

Hate to burst your bubble but he is paid 5.5 M a year which is sum of Vidal's and Adriano's salary and both of them spend their time on the bench for entire 2015.

serghei

We play Osasuna away and Espanyol home.

With our current form and mental state, we will probably lose points in at least one match again.

Don't think so. There is a wining streak out there if we beat Villareal. Madrid have the Valencia game postponed. If they lose to Sevilla away and we do our job, we can even be top of the league soon.

Nothing is done.

khaled_a_d

Tactics were very good in this game. It's not Lucho's fault that we missed the two biggest chances of the game, both of them 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Neymar scores there as he should have, it's bye bye Madrid. 2-0, points in the bag, and probably h2h advantage over Madrid. Lucho suddenly looks like a great tactician. Now some players fucked up and now he's to blame.

:worthy:

kilian

Yeah, you really burst my bubble with that. 5,5 M a year is not enough to do your job well. Even better, you put Vidal into equation, who was his wish and now sits in the stands. So, Enrique costs us even more money.

Let`s leave it here....

Jallo

He brings Arda Turan and I knew it was only a matter of time. Same thing happened with at. Madrid. 1-0, bring Turan on he fouls and 1-1.

DennyCrane

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Luis Enrique "It is very easy to give orders for set pieces, from where the coach is sat, but those who need to defend them are the players"</p>— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) <a href="https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/805106648931069953">3. Dezember 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

I know what he's trying to say there but gosh, that sounds a lot like "my players let me down".

Raketa10

Tactics were very good in this game. It's not Lucho's fault that we missed the two biggest chances of the game, both of them 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Neymar scores there as he should have, it's bye bye Madrid. 2-0, points in the bag, and probably h2h advantage over Madrid. Lucho suddenly looks like a great tactician. Now some players fucked up and now he's to blame.

Tactics were good? Tactics were terrible, we were leading only because team effort and he managed to destroy that with his IDIOTIC subs. Just stop defending him already!

BBZ8800

I don't know why people blame ONLY Arda and Arda's sub.

For me, the worst thing is that Lucho doesn't make a distinction between Cms and Cams.

He starts with Rakitic and Gomes, and end a game with 3 Cams in Iniesta, Denis and Arda.

Arda made a mistake, but Lucho started a game with two Cms who are more defensive and less creative (Rakitic and Gomes), and ends it with 3 guys who can't defend.
2 minutes before a 1:1, Denis was easily fooled by Marcelo when Cr7 almost headed a ball into net.

Lucho probably subbed in guys who can run since they are fresh (his logic probably, which is ok to some extent).
But neither of those 3 can defend too much.

Not to mention that we lost an arial strength on defending set pieces without Rakitic and Gomes, and with short and tiny: Denis and Iniesta, plus somewhat taller Arda.

** During that free kick, we had only 2 taller players on a pitch: Pique and Busi.
And: Messi, Iniesta, Denis, Alba, Roberto, Masch, Arda (and Luis, he is ok).

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Tactics were good? Tactics were terrible, we were leading only because team effort and he managed to destroy that with his IDIOTIC subs. Just stop defending him already!

This was Barca's best match in quite a while though, so his point stands.

Devils

Tactics and game plan were fine.

For a large part of the second half we were bossing them and should have scored two more goals. Lucho can't be blamed for Neymar and Messi missing clear chances.

Lucho should be blamed for the subs though. That's all on him.

serghei

Iniesta sub came spot on. Perfectly. He was fresh and based on his freshness, and passing insipration, completely entering the game all lucid and fired up, he set up both Neymar and Messi. You have 2 1vs1 situations. At this level, when you miss both, without even forcing the keeper to make a brilliant save, you always run the risk of losing the lead.

We controlled the game by being very good off the ball. Real Madrid had 0 clear chances to score (Mascherano's stupidity aside). They had some half-chances. Created nothing really dangerous. Arda's mistake is down on him, not on Lucho. When the manager instructs you do not make gratuitous fouls, and you make exactly that, it's no longer the manager's fault. It's our fault as a player for not respecting what the manager told you to avoid.

I don't love Lucho unconditionally, but us not winning was not on him. Several details got out of hand and Madrid was there to make us pay for not closing the game when we should have.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That comment is ridiculous.

Lucho and Unzue have employed a mix of man-marking and zonal.

But what are the instructions? Our three tallest players Busquets, Pique and Suarez zonal at the back post? Why are they not marking Ramos, Cristiano and Varane, with the rest being zonal?

You got to put your three tallest and best vs their three best, but we did the opposite and now he's implying the players let him down?

spark

The funny thing about him not using Umtiti as the last sub is that Mathieu could have had surgery the night before and he still would have thrown him on to protect the lead.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Diaz, Varane and Ramos were left unmarked. Dunno what kind of BS orders he gave for the set piece. Something along the lines of "Don't let them score" ?

Home of Barca Fans