Luis Enrique

serghei

Unless you think Valencia will definitely beat Real Madrid at home?

Can certainly happen. They drew last year and beat them the year before. We won there in the last second. And we could have easily lost.

Valencia on Mestalla can be a tricky game for anyone.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Players minutes so far:

1482526105204.jpg

Neymessi

What am I reading from this?
Last season our downfall was tired MSN and Lucho is running them to the ground again.

You are reading it wrongly. No matter how many backups we buy MSN will always have the most minutes. A right approach to look at the minutes that players like arda gomes digne have played and thats not very far behind the starters. Those minutes they have can be considered as a rest for the starters.

LeeRomeno

Paco has played in minutes around same amount as 7 full games. Most of it with other subs, yet half of forum is sure he has no chance whatsoever to succeed. That is ridiculously sad

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Of course. Umtiti may fail still, Gomes might turn to defender...

I think people are saying Paco showed nothing to warrant any kind of optimism. All I've seen is inferior to Munir. Movement, technique, pressing, finishing, you name it.

It's sad and ironic that team tries so hard to make new shiny toy Paco work, while 19 y.o. home boy Munir got flak and scrutiny.

It's really sad and pathetic and just another proof how La Masia, foundation of Barca's success, is being destroyed.

LeeRomeno

Of course. Umtiti may fail still, Gomes might turn to defender...

I think people are saying Paco showed nothing to warrant any kind of optimism. All I've seen is inferior to Munir. Movement, technique, pressing, finishing, you name it.

It's sad and ironic that team tries so hard to make new shiny toy Paco work, while 19 y.o. home boy Munir got flak and scrutiny.

It's really sad and pathetic and just another proof how La Masia, foundation of Barca's success, is being destroyed.

You don't think it makes sense that Paco looks inferior to Munir as he has had 7 games in half of a season in the system vs Munirs 5 years? Also isnt Munir 21?
La Masia is a nice myth that every now and then indeed helps to produce a generation of magical players. Like Amor/Ferrer/Pep or Iniesta/Xavi/Puyol (although he did not really join at very young age) and latest Busi/Messi/Pique/Fabregas/Pedro. And then there are seasons, at times decades, when it simply does not produce anyone remarkable. This is clearly also visible in how the generations play in their youth as a team. I believe Peps Barca B was really strong team in Segunda and its very obvious alot of great players got promoted from it. Just as it is quite obvious that our B team has pretty much sucked balls heavily. (This season seems better again.)
I see no sense in carrying players on a pillow just because they come from La Masia. If they do not make it, get rid of them. And if youth system does not produce high enough players team needs, then you need to buy them. This entire attitude of "La Masia" uuh aah, needs to stop and expecting a generation like we are witnessing now is unrealistic.
I have paid quite a bit of attention to all the hyped up players we have been having in recent years, like Bartra, Deulofeu, Traore, Montoya and so on. None of them have really set the world on fire after leaving.
Many people here have massive biased views on La Masia and this ultimately makes it so goddamn difficult for any player who actually gets purchased as expectations are sometimes set too high.
And i am not talking about Paco here specifically, who hasnt really shown anything so far.

Home of Barca Fans