Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho on January transfers:

"[The January transfer window] is a complicated market but as a club we always have to be open to bolster our squad or to the possibility of a club coming to [sign] any of our players," Enrique admitted when asked about the Barcelona plans for the current transfer window. "We will see if there is any movement. I am very happy with the squad that we have but even so, without being a clear target, I think [being open to improve the squad] is a responsibility that we always have to have."

Ahmedd

Time will tell whether it was Lucho's fault to rely too much on MSN, or we just can't play any other way with those 3 egos on a field.

I don't need time to tell me that Lucho isn't the reason for our recent success, MSN (+ Iniesta and Alves's contributions) carried us all the way. The balance that the team had in 2015 isn't because of Lucho either, we saw this season that he is clueless when the team lacks of stability. Plus he keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over (Weird turn-overs, Arda as a mid etc..). I agree with [MENTION=21618]FlaFCB[/MENTION]. With a better coach our team would have been way better.

F

FlaFCB

For some, a legend is a player who won a CL, for others it's a player with a huge impact in general, and who played many seasons here.
Lucho was here for 8 seasons. Imo, he is a legend as a player.

Well, 3 Lucho's years, when analyzed together, then yes, we aren't playing too classical style.
But we were close to it in a 2nd half of 2014/2015 and a 1st half of 2015/16 season.

If Barca's classical style is something like Pep's era, well we didn't play that way either with Cruijff, Van Gaal or Rijkaard.
Lucho is closer to those coaches.

But also, Lucho lost the plot because of MSN.
Time will tell whether it was Lucho's fault to rely too much on MSN, or we just can't play any other way with those 3 egos on a field.
For you a legend is a player who won the cl, right? :lol: Your words in 2015. Cruyff, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, are legends. Can't put everyone in the same boat. Lucho has a big history here, but not a legend to me. Don't tell me oleguer is a legend too.

I don't think bypassing the midfield, or making them play wide and upfront is close to the style of Cruyff or rikjaard. Can't blame MSN for that either. The fact the midfield doesn't work without Iniesta is a clear symptom of what the problem is.

F

FlaFCB

Ok, I will change my question. What criteria makes Puyol a club legend but not Lucho. Feel better?

Quality of the player, impact on the club, and titles won. Puyol was a great cb, one of the best while he was playing. That, along with his personality and importance to the team as a captain, plus titles, makes him a club legend to me. Lucho was like Alba or Pedro. Good players with a great history in the club, but not legends.

This is obviously my way of seeing things. People can think lucho is a legend, although to me he did not do enough to warrant that title. It kinda makes the word to lose it's meaning, if you consider Cruyff a legend, and then consider lucho one as well.

mssarm

I don't think Alba and Lucho are in the same category. Lucho was at the club about 7+ years, scored about 70+ goals and was the captain.On the paper he is not less than Puyol,Pep etc. If we start comparing players for legend status everyone will be a ball boy compared to Messi.

Neymessi

Ok, I will change my question. What criteria makes Puyol a club legend but not Lucho. Feel better?

Really depends how far you are about to take the word legend. Nowdays every other person is termed legend.

Lucho has won 5 trophies in his 2 seasons alone which isn't an ordinary thing but his contribution to be termed a legend is far too short no matter how successful he has been for me. Also I would go ahead and say he didn't had that much of a contribution to our success in compared to for example pep. He is just an above average coach with an elite squad at his disposal so for me legend is a bit of a stretch, at least for now.

F

FlaFCB

I don't think Alba and Lucho are in the same category. Lucho was at the club about 7+ years, scored about 70+ goals and was the captain.On the paper he is not less than Puyol,Pep etc. If we start comparing players for legend status everyone will be a ball boy compared to Messi.

To me alba, pedro and lucho are in the same category. Alba is in his 5th year already, and Pedro spent 8 and scored 99 goals. Can't see how lucho is a legend like Cruyff, Xavi or Iniesta. Messi doesn't even need to be named.

Really depends how far you are about to take the word legend. Nowdays every other person is termed legend.

Lucho has won 5 trophies in his 2 seasons alone which isn't an ordinary thing but his contribution to be termed a legend is far too short no matter how successful he has been for me. Also I would go ahead and say he didn't had that much of a contribution to our success in compared to for example pep. He is just an above average coach with an elite squad at his disposal so for me legend is a bit of a stretch, at least for now.

I am talking about his tenure as a player only, not coach.

khaled_a_d

calling lucho a legend as a player is a bit of a stretch, imo. Or even one of our greatest coaches, treble or not. He's very limited, and I really think this team could be much better with a better coach than lucho.

Ofc there are positives from being previously connected to the club, but those names you said aren't good enough to be Barca coaches to me.

Lucho was always considered a sort of a club legend,nothing like a stretch there.May be in a hindsight now it does look like a stretch after the 2003-now era that has raised the bar but when he retired most people considered him a sort of a club legend and was very popular player. He was sort of like Pedro at least. Not in same breath as Pep and surely Crujif but a player who has given us his all on very high level for 8 years coming from RM. You simply can't apply the standard we have now on different times,Lucho was from different times. If you are gonna go this way you can eliminate Pep from being a club legend easily as he wasn't half the player the current crop of Barca midfielders like Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets are |(may be even Deco at his prime and Rakitic if you consider the elevated level of football right now)
Look for it from 2004 perspective not 2017

And to question that he is one of the club greatest coaches is absurd to say at least,sorry gr8 squad or not what he achieved can't be done with bad or limited coaching. And the whole integrating Barca B can be questioned too,Only Grimaldo has proven Lucho wrong. And he tried to integrate Munir & Sandro and both failed badly here.he promoted same number of B players as Pep did in his 1st 3 years. Simple as it is we simply didn't have the quality of youth player right now as we did 8 years ago.

mssarm

This is exactly where I was going: Lucho was playing in different time. Barca in his time wasn't the same Barca we have now. If we just ignore that fact Pep will fade away in comparison with Xavi and Iniesta, or Rivaldo will be just an OK player considering what Messi is doing with Barca.

Home of Barca Fans