Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sacking Lucho for subbing Neymar :lol:

Barca are top of the league, Copa Final and CL quarters. Some of you are on a wrong forum.

Yeah, he probably shouldn't sub Neymar but everyone makes mistakes. Had Pique stayed alert this wouldn't be an issue.

And btw. Lucho showed how you should handle Ney. Benched/rested him last week and now he delivered. No fankids gonna touch that,eh.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The funny thing is that people wanted Tata out because our style was compromised and that people held fast to the fantasy that a home grown coach was the solution... But now we have that and we are playing like an entirely different club, with absolutely no signs of identity and with no respect for our tradition... Ironic, isn't it?

Kohe321

Can't overlook the aspect of how subbing Neymar killed the focus of our players. The decision was so absurd that you could tell a clear difference in quality before and after.

Of course, Suarez playing like a player from an oldboys pickup game, Bravo choking massively on the first goal etc. is not Luchos fault, but he's responsible for messing up the groups synergy and focus by doing something completely wild and absurd. And as Flavia says, Suarez was on 4 yellow cards and was having a really poor match while Neymar was arguably the best player on the pitch. We were chasing another goal to kill off the game, and Lucho subs off one of our key attackers to be replaced by a midfielder? Sorry, but I would have been criticising that decision even if we had been successful in "tiki-takaing" our way out of the match with a 1 goal lead. The irony is that we lost some control even with 4 midfielders because our players were visibly confused.

Worst decision he's done since benching Ney and Messi at the Anoeta. Obviously I'm not calling for him to be sacked or anything, but man was that dumb...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The funny thing is that people wanted Tata out because our style was compromised and that people held fast to the fantasy that a home grown coach was the solution... But now we have that and we are playing like an entirely different club, with absolutely no signs of identity and with no respect for our tradition... Ironic, isn't it?

The tradition was failing, I like the changes to our playing style. The sub today was actually to gain control (pep and tito style) so how can you complain?

F

Flavia

That's the worst thing. Sevilla will always have opportunities to score. It's unbelievable how few chances we had in the 2nd half, with Sevilla going all out until they equilised. Atletico did the same and we punished them on the counter. Tonight, we didn't do that. We thought we could preserve the 2-1 and that was self-distructive.

Yes. I don't know what happened, but hopefully he can get the team back to that kind of form asap.

If the players were saving themselves for the game against psg, it was a huge mistake, and it costed.

JamDav1982

It was actually a sensible sub.

It wasnt a sensible sub.

He took off Barcelonas best player and put on another midfielder that is not strong defensively.

Control was not the issue as Barcelona were controlling the ball fairly well but looked terrible defensively in midfield any time Sevilla had it.

That sub gave Sevilla a lift with Neymar going off.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The tradition was failing, I like the changes to our playing style. The sub today was actually to gain control (pep and tito style) so how can you complain?

Pep and Tito believed in game control with all their hearts, it was their first option not the one to look for to defend a lead, it was the option they used to win games, not to chicken out...

It's clear players failed to adjust after the sub, which only tells that Lucho was improvising or, in a equally terrifying case, that he really hasn't sold an idea to the players...

Can't overlook the aspect of how subbing Neymar killed the focus of our players. The decision was so absurd that you could tell a clear difference in quality before and after.

If one substitution kills the focus of the players then I would suggest that they are clearly not mentally tough and focused enough to win titles.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Yeah, he probably shouldn't sub Neymar but everyone makes mistakes. Had Pique stayed alert this wouldn't be an issue.

Nope, would have had the same wtf reaction as did everyone, even the players, to that stupid sub, no matter how much you hate neymar, he was amazing today, and even that, sub Pedro for him to still try and kill the game with a 3rd goal, not defend a very fragile 1goal lead..

F

Flavia

Of course, Suarez playing like a player from an oldboys pickup game, Bravo choking massively on the first goal etc. is not Luchos fault, but he's responsible for messing up the groups synergy and focus by doing something completely wild and absurd. And as Flavia says, Suarez was on 4 yellow cards and was having a really poor match while Neymar was arguably the best player on the pitch. We were chasing another goal to kill off the game, and Lucho subs off one of our key attackers to be replaced by a midfielder? Sorry, but I would have been criticising that decision even if we had been successful in "tiki-takaing" our way out of the match with a 1 goal lead. The irony is that we lost some control even with 4 midfielders because our players were visibly confused.

Worst decision he's done since benching Ney and Messi at the Anoeta. Obviously I'm not calling for him to be sacked or anything, but man was that dumb...

Agreed. LE made a huge mistake subbing Neymar for Xavi. Should had been Iniesta for Xavi.
But he's bound to make mistakes. He's very young, and not that experienced in top level.

I don't understand why people are claiming for his head, though. No way he should be sacked for that. The team played very well until sevilla scored the 1st.

Alen

What i really don't get is, if you want to sit on the score, you don't take out the player with the most pace. That just doesn't make sense to me.

We were under pressure all the time, no control whatsoever, but worst of all, with no ability to counterattack. Damn that was a bad sub.

serghei

PSG and Valencia comming up. If he doesn't get his shit together and realises we have a team that can punish opponents when they open up, than he deserves to be sacked along with this board. It's April, these kind of stupid mistakes should've been gone by now.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pep and Tito believed in game control with all their hearts, it was their first option not the one to look for to defend a lead, it was the option they used to win games, not to chicken out...

It's clear players failed to adjust after the sub, which only tells that Lucho was improvising or, in a equally terrifying case, that he really hasn't sold an idea to the players...

That style had been figured out and luchos changes have helped us this season iMO. In general I prefer the other style but I don't mind slightly cynical football for a couple of seasons just for a change, everything moves in cycles.

I didn't have a problem with the sub but the players did look confused.

I don't think they were expecting it which shows he just came up with it at the time and the players didn't know what to do tactically. That I will blame him for.

Home of Barca Fans