Luis Enrique

Zebulun

People still can't let go of this Bayern bullshit.

We just won the treble, lost a worthless friendly cup and people are already turning to the Bayern is best nonsense. What a load of bullocks.

I'm sticking by Lucho and Unzue even if we win nothing this season. Blows my mind people are already questioning him one week into the season.

Comedic.

I agree with the bayern comment but no player/coach is too high/low to avoid questioning. My only criticism is that lucho overestimated the quality of our bench, vermaelen who prolly never played a full game in over 2 years minimum you start in a final(first leg)? for the length of last season and pre season everyone saw that sergi roberto is below average, he starts also. besides that header goal that mathieu scored in last seasons clasico, he always looks a liability in both LB and CB, he starts also. we should've taken grimaldo to pre-season to see if he's up to the task but no we get to see gumbao who always looks like a deer on ice. Adriano is terrible yet he was awarded a new contract when roma came calling even though he's injury prone. Alves is Alves, has terrible and Great days at the office but we have no deputy for him. why is douglas even in barcelona? we don't even know if aleix vidal will work out because its a gamble, he played as a RW in sevilla, when alves was bought he was the best RB in la liga. Granted we could've had all the correct pieces to the puzzle and still lost but at the moment we don't even have the pieces on the bench to attempt the puzzle.

F

Flavia

Not really. Read some old match threads.

I remember so many frustrating matches that ended up in draws or losses. And in the 2010/11 season. There was a meltdown here too when we lost to hercules at Camp Nou.

BigBarcaBoy

I agree with the bayern comment but no player/coach is too high/low to avoid questioning. My only criticism is that lucho overestimated the quality of our bench, vermaelen who prolly never played a full game in over 2 years minimum you start in a final(first leg)? for the length of last season and pre season everyone saw that sergi roberto is below average, he starts also. besides that header goal that mathieu scored in last seasons clasico, he always looks a liability in both LB and CB, he starts also. we should've taken grimaldo to pre-season to see if he's up to the task but no we get to see gumbao who always looks like a deer on ice. Adriano is terrible yet he was awarded a new contract when roma came calling even though he's injury prone. Alves is Alves, has terrible and Great days at the office but we have no deputy for him. why is douglas even in barcelona? we don't even know if aleix vidal will work out because its a gamble, he played as a RW in sevilla, when alves was bought he was the best RB in la liga. Granted we could've had all the correct pieces to the puzzle and still lost but at the moment we don't even have the pieces on the bench to attempt the puzzle.

I think that Lucho has faith in them and was giving them minutes to repay that faith knowing that they will be needed whether people like it or not.

Bran the Greenseer

3-2 to bayern? We were up 2-1 and called it a day cause we had a treble to go win. Lucho practically gave Pep that win once it was secured. I don't know if some of you guys have memory problems but we beat EVERY type of team last year convincingly. The best of the defensive team (Atletico,Juve,Bilbao) and the best of the attacking teams (Madrid,Bayern,PSG). We destroyed EVERYBODY (We didnt exactly destroy madrid but clasicos are a different breed imo).

I expect this season to go like last season, slow start Lucho fixes his team and we explode from january maybe sooner who knows. We may not win a treble or anything this season but that doesn't suddenly put us below Bayern a team that hasn't done shit since 2013. It might sound like i'm Pep/Bayern bashing but this Lucho bashing is ridiculous

xavi_the_Boss

3-2 to bayern? We were up 2-1 and called it a day cause we had a treble to go win. Lucho practically gave Pep that win once it was secured. I don't know if some of you guys have memory problems but we beat EVERY type of team last year convincingly. The best of the defensive team (Atletico,Juve,Bilbao) and the best of the attacking teams (Madrid,Bayern,PSG). We destroyed EVERYBODY (We didnt exactly destroy madrid but clasicos are a different breed imo).

I expect this season to go like last season, slow start Lucho fixes his team and we explode from january maybe sooner who knows. We may not win a treble or anything this season but that doesn't suddenly put us below Bayern a team that hasn't done shit since 2013. It might sound like i'm Pep/Bayern bashing but this Lucho bashing is ridiculous

:VdB:

Sterlingfan2000

Luis Enrique is a fantastic Coach. Players like Neymar cant be replaced, they are too important. They dribble and disorganise defenses, These Kind of Players are not replaceable so easily. U could see that at Bayern without robben and Ribery, they were half the Team and looked like a Handball Team. Only passes no Attacking Threat.

When Neymar is fit, Barcelona will wrack everybody. Neymar is also important for Counter Attacks

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was probably Barca's only real weak spot under pep.
And it only worked seldomly and that too only with plenty of luck .

DennyCrane

Not really. Read some old match threads.

This. Especially the away matches were a pain to watch sometimes. 75 % possession and all players in the opponents half passing the ball sideways - all the while not recognizing that this approach practically forces the opponent to bunker down and park the airplane.

DrPepper

What? No, we didn't. That was our Guardiola side's weakness. Think Chelsea, Inter and some matches against Mourinho's Madrid.

To be fair we haven't really met those kinds of teams after Guardiola's departure. Every season we faced a Mourinho team parking the airplane in the Champions League. Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea again. I don't think it's fair to say it was a weakness. Any team struggles against that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
To be fair we haven't really met those kinds of teams after Guardiola's departure. Every season we faced a Mourinho team parking the airplane in the Champions League. Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea again. I don't think it's fair to say it was a weakness. Any team struggles against that.

Your mourinho obsession is giving me a headache bro.

BarcaOG

Banned

After Guardiola we still had to face Mourinho, plus Simeone's Atletico--the latter a especially difficult defensive team to beat. Think Champions League 2013/2014.

And yes, that was Pep's weakness. We struggled in those situations often. By definition, that's what you call a weakness: something you cannot overcome.

Home of Barca Fans