Luis Enrique

Mido

We were good stat wise, but the actual team wasn't playing at Barca caliber either. We were able to get those results simply because of the sheer quality in the squad (Messi, Neymar, Suarez,Iniesta,Xavi on a good day and Bravo who was brilliant the entire last season). The reason we look worse now is cause we have half a squad at this point.

Well we clearly didn't have the same interpretation of the games I suggest. Xavi, to me, was brilliant, in November-December. So was Neymar. Iniesta had a bad season apart from the big games where he trully showed his class and proved Enrique right by choosing him. I would strongly advise you to watch our Sevilla and PSG performances. But I might be wrong, I can't recall all the 50-ish games that I watched last season.

IN a nutshell, a win is a win, and, as I said before, I would certainly not compare our current performances with the pre-Anoeta ones. We looked really really bad in our 4-1 loss against Vigo , and we were huffing and puffing in our 0-1 win in Bilbao , we ran out of ideas against, at its best day decent, team that is Roma, Sevilla nearly gave us a beatdown in 30 minutes and Messi, Iniesta, Suarez and Neymar were there.

Sorry bro, I can't agree with what you assess.

Bran the Greenseer

Well we clearly didn't have the same interpretation of the games I suggest. Xavi, to me, was brilliant, in November-December. So was Neymar. Iniesta had a bad season apart from the big games where he trully showed his class and proved Enrique right by choosing him. I would strongly advise you to watch our Sevilla and PSG performances. But I might be wrong, I can't recall all the 50-ish games that I watched last season.

IN a nutshell, a win is a win, and, as I said before, I would certainly not compare our current performances with the pre-Anoeta ones. We looked really really bad in our 4-1 loss against Vigo , and we were huffing and puffing in our 0-1 win in Bilbao , we ran out of ideas against, at its best day decent, team that is Roma, Sevilla nearly gave us a beatdown in 30 minutes and Messi, Iniesta, Suarez and Neymar were there.

Sorry bro, I can't agree with what you assess.

Its fine to disagree.

El Flaco

Quotes by Lucho during the pre-match press conference

"Both teams face the game with a lot of absences, a lot of injuries. It happens in a season."

"I expect a difficult game, coming at the end of a stretch of 7 games in 22 days, with accumulated exhaustion."

"Bravo is training with the team, after this I will decide according to technical criteria."

"Asking me to compare players is an ugly thing. I won't compare Samper & Gumbau both are good players, have a bright future."

"It's very difficult to keep winning, it's hard to always be competitive. That's why our challenge is very important."

"When we have absences we look for different changes of system that would allow us to surprise the opponent."

"In order to win we have to play a good game. Playing well is essential to getting the result."

"Best way to take advantage of any result between Madrid and Atléti is to win tomorrow."

"When Suárez started here he was constantly questioned. That's normal. He's been playing well since he got here."

"Luis is vital for us, what he gives us with his character and leadership is as important as his football."

"It's good for Neymar to not go with the national team now. He's one of the players we've used most. It will be good for him."

"For me these international breaks are good because I can implement some changes."

"For me Gerard, Busi, Alba and all my other players should be on the BDO list. But I'm not FIFA."

"Neymar has the same freedom that all our forwards have because they have to create chances."

"For a Barça coach there is no next season. That makes no sense. We have live in the present."

"The fans are ok, but I see that people want to twist things from the outside."

"No matter what happens we'll keep fighting and try to win games with our football and to makes the fans happy."

"In my opinion this year there can be no doubts about the winner of the BDO."

"I don't see any enemies. I don't make excuses out of injuries, suspensions or anything. I'll be judged by my results."

"I have blind faith in my players. I value how they've responded a lot, I had no doubt they would."

"Messi injury? Messi is the best in the world, but success depends on the team."

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lovely quotes, hard not to have great affection for him. I may not agree with everything he does but we're fortunate to have him. Loved his celebrations after both goals

Barcafan 2304

He is doing overall a good job. Some of the injuries he has had to contend with have severely limited options for him. Got confidence in him to steer is through this period

khaled_a_d

Good subs ,but questioned starting line up IMO
We should have started with the group that ended the game (may be with Munir over Sandro)

Chainsaw

Killahead
I didn't like his line-up and his subs were a bit late. He should stop playing Munir and Sandro in Messi's place expecting good outcomes. It's like asking Turtle to go as fast as Lamborghini.

serghei

I'm expecting him to fix the defensive problems. It's one of those moments when the manager must step up and adress the issues that clearly exist at the moment. I think this season we will know if he is a special coach, or he is as good as the form of the players he has at his disposal.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "Both teams had many chances. It's almost incredible we only scored one game. We had a bad spell of ten minutes."

Luis Enrique; "We can only congratulate Sevilla for the win and for their game."

Luis Enrique: "Happy with how we played given that we created many chances? You can never be happy if you lose

Luis Enrique: "We have not been at our best numbers, not even close. But this will change for sure."

Luis Enrique: "There were 10 minutes in which Sevilla penalized us. I want to congratulate Sevilla for the result and effort."

Luis Enrique: "No one from Barça can be happy after losing a match. We have to improve."

Home of Barca Fans