Luis Suárez

malvolio

It's not like we're shipping him out to China or Korean league. We were trying to get him a spot at Ajax...and if he flat out refuses, what other option do we have? You tell me what you'd do.

That's another discussion. And we still don't know nothing(just papers speculating). Of course shipping him out would be best. It's just the way we do it feels beneath what we should expect for a club of Barcelona's stature. And the club(board) is the main culprit here for not handling the situation 2 years ago. We instead gave huge contracts to old stars.

But people just trashing his legacy here like he was a passenger all this years is not right.

Again with the CLs. Jesus Christ on a bike, is there any other thing that counts in football? A competition with 7 games that can be influenced by many factors. Not saying that is not the biggest/glamorous competition, but the format is broken since it doesn't really show who is the best team in Europe in that season.

Last edited:

serghei

Nothing bad about it. These veterans had 3 years to prove that they understand the lessons after PSG and Juve beat us 7-0 combined in Lucho's last season. They learned nothing and went from worse to worse, to complete disaster.

Next clean the midfield. Full clean. Keep only the veterans who will accept a rotation role, and try a salary cut, because in no way a limited role player should be earning more than starters.

Tackle

Also, the comparisons to Real's all time top scorers:

1) CR7 - 4 CL
2) Raul - 3 CL
3) DiStefano - 5 CL/EC

If Suarez contributed like this and won us even 1 more CL, people would treat him differently. And I would be among the first to defend him.

CL is not ALL that matters but it's a very important part of a club's heritage. Is your aim to be Arsenal/PSG or play among the big boys of RM and Bayern?

CL 2015
La Liga 2015
La Liga 2016
La Liga 2018
La Liga 2019

Not like Suarez never had a good CL run with us. Was fantastic in 2015 and scored the title clinching goal. That alone is enough of an European legacy for an entire career. We don't win any of those league titles without his goals either. 3rd top Barca goal-scorer ever.

He is a legend. If you are selling him short for not stepping up in another CL on route to the title then you might be spoiled senseless. Most clubs would be building statues for players that won even one CL, let alone scored the winning goal. Madrid might be the only exception.

Raketa10

Don't mind him leaving, but this is just classless. Thought we were supposed to treat club legends better than Madrid?

And how the hell should we start renovating our team if we don't kick Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets and Umtiti out? Pique and Alba should also be benched ASAP! Hard times require drastic measures. Thank you Luis for great memories and good bye!

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

If we end up on bad terms with Suarez, it will be on him too though. Not that I hold any value to what news outlets claim, but he could have shown better attitude when not playing.

True.. if he doesn't see his own decline in game play, it's time to let go.

KingLeo10

CL 2015
La Liga 2015
La Liga 2016
La Liga 2018
La Liga 2019

Not like Suarez never had a good CL run with us. Was fantastic in 2015 and scored the title clinching goal. That alone is enough of a European legacy for an entire career. We don't win any of those league titles without his goals either. 3rd top Barca goal-scorer ever.

He is a legend. If you are selling him short for not stepping up in another CL on route to the title then you might be spoiled senseless. Most clubs would be building statues for players that won even one CL, let alone scored the winning goal.

If he won that CL as the main man, you may have a point. He was the 3rd most important player.

Messi with 58 goals and 30 assists was by far 1st.
Then Ney with 40 goals.
And then Suarez.

He won us the 15/16 LL mostly by himself. Yes.
But Messi won us the 18 and 19 ones, especially the 19 one by himself.

Again, if you're going to stan based on LL, I don't want to see you moaning about his and the team's shit performances in the CL. We're getting rid of him and the amigos because of that.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
CL 2015
La Liga 2015
La Liga 2016
La Liga 2018
La Liga 2019

Not like Suarez never had a good CL run with us. Was fantastic in 2015 and scored the title clinching goal. That alone is enough of an European legacy for an entire career. We don't win any of those league titles without his goals either. 3rd top Barca goal-scorer ever.

He is a legend. If you are selling him short for not stepping up in another CL on route to the title then you might be spoiled senseless. Most clubs would be building statues for players that won even one CL, let alone scored the winning goal. Madrid might be the only exception.

Come on Tackle those last 2 la liga's are misleading no ? We are talking about a Real that managed 76 and 68 points respectively. I said it before He had 1 great season and one GOAT tier season (15-16). But he went downhill since then and quite fast.

FCBfan22

I think Koeman told him that he isn't in his plans and Suarez with his ego said, "I WON'T GO ANYWHERE, I'LL STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR MY POSITION (which is quite easy if your best friend is the club captain and best player in the history)". Koeman said no. And then Suarez said no. So, that's why it has come to this IMO. It's best for our club. Short term and long term.

But Barto's mafia leaking it to the media is just stupid.

Home of Barca Fans