Luis Suárez

KingLeo10

"We don't win LL without his goals."

If we had another striker in 17-19, he'd score probably the same amount of LL goals as Suarez, 5 goals plus or minus. 15/16 was a monster year but aside from that, he's been nothing extraordinary.

Messigician

I think Koeman told him that he isn't in his plans and Suarez with his ego said, "I WON'T GO ANYWHERE, I'LL STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR MY POSITION (which is quite easy if your best friend is the club captain and best player in the history)". Koeman said no. And then Suarez said no. So, that's why it has come to this IMO. It's best for our club. Short term and long term.

But Barto's mafia leaking it to the media is just stupid.

It's not good at all. You know how much money this will cost?

I rather have him on the bench and for him to fight for his spot or to rest whoever the main striker is.

Just another stupid decision by Barto.

Tackle

Come on Tackle those last 2 la liga's are misleading no ? We are talking about a Real that managed 76 and 68 points respectively.

Misleading in what way?

Suarez scored 25 league goals in 17/18 and 21 in 18/19. Without those goals we finish even lower than Madrid regardless of how poorly they did. Messi would not have been able to shoulder all the goal scoring burden by himself. Suarez was our only other consistent attacker.

FinBarcelonafan

Only way to deal with these amigos is to be classless. They wont leave otherwise!! They are very delusional.

Heck, even Rakitic wouldn't leave. We tried to sell him for years.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Misleading in what way?

Suarez scored 25 league goals in 17/18 and 21 in 18/19. Without those goals we finish even lower than Madrid regardless of how poorly they did. Messi would not have been able to shoulder all the goal scoring burden by himself. Suarez was our only other consistent attacker.

Maybe I chose the wrong word , but I meant misleading in a way that Real was so bad those years that we could have won those la liga's anyway with Messi+ any good striker. Just feel like that people are handing the term club legend too easily. Heck some people consider Sergi Roberto a Barca legend cause he scored that goal against PSG.

vegitot

Misleading in what way?

True. While he was bad in UCL, he was still great in domestic league.

People here will thrash Messi once he leaves as well and will say Barca would win all trophies without him.

FinBarcelonafan

I think Koeman told him that he isn't in his plans and Suarez with his ego said, "I WON'T GO ANYWHERE, I'LL STAY HERE AND FIGHT FOR MY POSITION (which is quite easy if your best friend is the club captain and best player in the history)". Koeman said no. And then Suarez said no. So, that's why it has come to this IMO. It's best for our club. Short term and long term.

But Barto's mafia leaking it to the media is just stupid.

True. This shouldn't be public. Just terminate it and be done with it. Leave in as good terms as possible. At least in public.

FinBarcelonafan

No one is disrespecting him. It's time to go. Same goes for Busquets and probably Pique and Alba. Are they club legends? Yes undoubtedly they are, but their time is over!

True. Nobody wants this to end this way, but amigos simple have to go. They don't seem to realize that.n

Tackle

"We don't win LL without his goals."

If we had another striker in 17-19, he'd score probably the same amount of LL goals as Suarez, 5 goals plus or minus. 15/16 was a monster year but aside from that, he's been nothing extraordinary.

No chance. Which "other striker" would have scored ~20 league goals the past few seasons? Paco? Munir? Rodrigo? Because those would have been our other options.

vegitot

Maybe I chose the wrong word , but I meant misleading in a way that Real was so bad those years that we could have won those la liga's anyway with Messi+ any good striker. Just feel like that people are handing the term club legend too easily. Heck some people consider Sergi Roberto a Barca legend cause he scored that goal against PSG.

Why Suarez not club legend??? He is 3rd all time goalscorer, won treble, four Laligas, four copa del rey.

Anyone with those feats easily club legend

Home of Barca Fans