Luis Suárez

Badger

Think we've treated him like shit to be honest, just another example of our incompetent board handling things poorly.

Tackle

Maybe I chose the wrong word , but I meant misleading in a way that Real was so bad those years that we could have won those la liga's anyway with Messi+ any good striker. Just feel like that people are handing the term club legend too easily. Heck some people consider Sergi Roberto a Barca legend cause he scored that goal against PSG.

False equivalence. Sergi Roberto and Luis Suarez are not even in the same universe as far as ability goes. Suarez is a legend by any reasonable metric, Roberto is not. Not that complicated.

Tell me who is that "good striker" we could have won La Liga with? How many fewer goals would he have scored and would he have even been able to settle into the side and mesh with Leo? We were winning games by the slimmest of margins from 2017-2019. Every goal mattered.

CatalinR10

that is not worse it is just stupid. we need another striker. griezmann is an impotent that can't score to save his life and messi has to have a striker in front of him.

I know but at this point I can't even appreciate Suarez for the amazing player he once was for us , same for Busquets. Therefore i want the toxic fucker gone at all costs even if it means seeing griezmann and messi upfront for a season.

FCBfan22

The stupidest part is that we leaked this out.

If we worded this in a press release like "FC Bartolona and Luis Suarez have reached an agreement of termination of his contract at FC Barcelona. We thank him for his service and wish him good luck." But leaking it in advance is just stupid.

Messigician

If we terminate his contract and sign Martinez for 100m for my own sanity I will take a 1 season long break from football until the new board is here and I don't have to witness this trainwreck of a season

George_Costanza

that is not worse it is just stupid. we need another striker. griezmann is an impotent that can't score to save his life and messi has to have a striker in front of him.

Griezmann was mostly played out of position. What did you expect from him? Suarez made this team a handicap because in most games we are like playing with 10 men. It's not about goal scoring only, it's how the whole team function, something you need to learn about football.

Tackle

There's other strikers on the market, you contrarian muppet.

Go on, list them. After wasting ~400m trying to replace Neymar, I'm sure this board would have spent wisely and recruited a great replacement for Suarez....

Nothing "contrarian" about defending one of our greatest ever strikers from unfair attacks.

Messigician

Griezmann was mostly played out of position. What did you expect from him? Suarez made this team a handicap because in most games we are like playing with 10 men. It's not about goal scoring only, it's how the whole team function, something you need to learn about football.

Knew you would comment.

Mr out of position played many games as a striker while Suarez was injuredm he did feck all his best role is Messi's he's fkn useless

FinBarcelonafan

If we terminate his contract and sign Martinez for 100m for my own sanity I will take a 1 season long break from football until the new board is here and I don't have to witness this trainwreck of a season

Good point. If we terminate Suarez and sign Lautaro this is just stupid. Keep Suarez for a year and then sign some other striker who pops up or Haaland.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
False equivalence. Sergi Roberto and Luis Suarez are not even in the same universe as far as ability goes. Suarez is a legend by any reasonable metric, Roberto is not. Not that complicated.

Tell me who is that "good striker" we could have won La Liga with? How many fewer goals would he have scored and would he have even been able to settle into the side and mesh with Leo? We were winning games by the slimmest of margins from 2017-2019. Every goal mattered.

We had give or take a 7 game margin in both those seasons so there was plenty of leeway. Any good striker that had pace , good movement and decent finishing would have done the trick in La liga . You think we would have lost those la liga's with Aubameyang (for example) upfront ?

Btw are we going to ignore that Suarez had the most missed chances in those years aswell ?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans