Luis Suárez

Ritchie

He said he would fight for his place and told the club to look for a new striker.

He is not some egomaniac who only thinks about himself

Didnt he basically stick two fingers up to Setien on the pitch after being left out for one game? Plus Messi has his back so if they're both here next season Koeman pretty much has to play them both.

The problem with legends or big personalities is it's hard to phase them out

CatalinR10

He said he would fight for his place and told the club to look for a new striker.

He is not some egomaniac who only thinks about himself

he said the same shit 2 years ago , it's only PR.

truth is as soon as he gets benched he becomes a toxic piece of shit.

can't remember in which game he came of the bench and scored and acted toxic towards the bench right after.

Neymessi

Don't mind him leaving, but this is just classless. Thought we were supposed to treat club legends better than Madrid?

don't spin it around boy. is third all time goalscorer club legend level or not?

He is most definitely a legend no matter what others say here.

That being said he has sucked for a pretty long time and running our finances dry while showing clear signs of decline for ages. He's 33 and shit and only getting shitter he can be a legend but legends decline and he has worse than declined by now and if he isn't leaving voluntarily it's only right to kick him out regardless of past achievements.

This shit mentality of accomodating outdated legends is the biggest reason of 3 consecutive CL *****.

FCBfan22

That being said he has sucked for a pretty long time and running our finances dry while showing clear signs of decline for ages. He's 33 and shit and only getting shitter he can be a legend but legends decline and he has worse than declined by now and if he isn't leaving voluntarily it's only right to kick him out regardless of past achievements.

This shit mentality of accomodating outdated legends is the biggest reason of 3 consecutive CL *****.

+1.

Birdy

His 13/14 (with Liverpool) and 14/15, 15/16 campaigns were world-class.
He started declining since summer 2016,
and since fall 2017 he has been shitty in all different aspects.

A serious club would have transferred him out in summer 2018.

Legend defintely, time to say goodbye

George_Costanza

Only if he played 60% of games.

And you think Suarez will agree to be in a sub role? He won't even if you would say he would. He will cause issues in the dressing room. koeman worst spell was with Valencia, when he started to bench 3 of the seniors, they turned the dressing room against him. I can see worse happening to him if the amigos stick around.

LeeRomeno

Suarez has been great signing and scored many vital goals over the years and can be definitely called a legend, but obviously he has been in decline. You cannot really have a sub role and still get paid as a world class starter, so if he wants to stay, he should come down with this wage requests. Our problem seems to be that we always increase players salary, even at 30 + age, they still seem to get better salary or at best, keep the previous salary and just extend, while in reality, once players output starts declining his salary should as well.
Keeping him another year on his huge salary at the same time also not playing him, so that 60% threshold is not reached, seems such a waste that either
a) loan/sell/trade
or
b) negotiate a cheaper wage and let him "prove" and fight for his place.

KingLeo10

Koeman knows we can't have any sniff of a CL SF let alone a final with Suarez AND Messi not defending.

If I had to choose between the two...I know who I'd go for.

Also a power play to send the message to Messi that while he has a place in our plans, he will need to accomodate Barca as much as Barca accomodate him.

serghei

Koeman knows we can't have any sniff of a CL SF let alone a final with Suarez AND Messi not defending.

If I had to choose between the two...I know who I'd go for.

Also a power play to send the message to Messi that while he has a place in our plans, he will need to accomodate Barca as much as Barca accomodate him.

Especially this. It is also a sign to Messi. Either you're in and participate in a new team, or not. The bluff where you make a sad face and nothing changes while the Amigos clan stay intact doesn't cut it.

The Observer

"Sending a message to Messi". lol

If they sell Suarez and Messi decides to leave as well, the club would be lucky to make top 4 with Griezmann and D?mb?le leading the line. lmao

Though, in a way, that would also save Barca from CL embarrassment, for sure.

serghei

"Sending a message to Messi". lol

If they sell Suarez and Messi decides to leave as well, the club would be lucky to make top 4 with Griezmann and D?mb?le leading the line. lmao

Though, in a way, that would also save Barca from CL embarrassment, for sure.

No problem. I'll stick around.

Home of Barca Fans