Luis Suárez

BarcaOG

Banned
Happy for Suarez. It's been said 1000 times, the mistake wasn't letting him go. The mistake was not bringing in an able replacement. Messi still got 30 goals but we lacked someone who could get 20 to help him.

yeah, that's fair and i agree. thing is, because of the financial situation, bringing an adequate replacement was never really in the cards. hence why letting him go (as opposed to keeping him--the only two real options) was the wrong one

fergus90

yeah, that's fair and i agree. thing is, because of the financial situation, bringing an adequate replacement was never really in the cards. hence why letting him go (as opposed to keeping him--the only two real options) was the wrong one

Yup, and in hindsight if you knew a year down the line we are looking to bring in Aguero, then we may as well have kept him until a suitable replacement was financially viable.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Number of La liga titles since he came to Spain:
5 Suarez
4 Messi
2 Benzema
1+2 Cr7
0 Griezzman

Number of league goals in the last 7 seasons:
231 Messi
215 Cr7
168 Suarez
120 Benzema
116 Griezmann
115 Neymar

Probably in top4 players in the world since 2014.
King of league championships.

Can you post his CL goals since he joined Spain or is there a reason why you suddenly omitted those since you are big on how players perform in big games.

Happy for Suarez. It's been said 1000 times, the mistake wasn't letting him go. The mistake was not bringing in an able replacement. Messi still got 30 goals but we lacked someone who could get 20 to help him.

Not even that. If we had a competent CB or GK we still would have won LaLiga without him

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Can you post his CL goals since he joined Spain ?

Not even that. If we had a competent CB or GK we still would have won LaLiga without him

He won't.

At this point, BBZ gets some sort of weird satisfaction in shamelessly "teaching" us Barcelona fans how we're "wrong" with distorted stats.

I bet if I looked, I will find 100s of posts from BBZ himself how Suarez is a granny and useless. And how the league matters fuck all to him.

But on this day, he'll post "King of the League championships" to rile up Barca fans.

BBZ, stay classless, as usual.

Daisymorr

He is a born winner. Not the player he was but still a lethal goalscorer who gives his all.
Aguero wont be anywhere near as good and we are looking like signing him.

In many ways I'm happy Suarez proved Barca wrong.

BarcaOG

Banned
He is a born winner. Not the player he was but still a lethal goalscorer who gives his all.
Aguero wont be anywhere near as good and we are looking like signing him.

In many ways I'm happy Suarez proved Barca wrong.

its a beautiful thing aupaaaaaa Suarezzz

Horatio

You're welcome
But lets be honest, if people are eager to attribute this la liga victory to an Atletico player it has to be Oblak. Man has been giving masterclasses all throughout the season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I bet if I looked at the Suarez thread, I would find at least half of those twerking for now that wanted him gone at the end of last season. And rightfully so. The man hasn't scored a CL away goal in some 20 plus games...even in the group stages FFS.

in cl he was a cat but in la liga he was still a beast

KingLeo10

He is slowly reaching Neymar's level of horrible.

Good that we signed both of them for the next 5 years for insane wages...

I have been hating on Neymar, but lately, Suarez is an abolsute shit.

As others said, he seems like he is declining at insane pace.
1. both physically
2. in terms of motivation
3. and his technical ability

Messi past his prime.
Suarez declining at a world record pace.
Iniesta, 5+ years past his peak.
Rakitic, a few years past his peak.
Busi, a few years past his peak.

Looks promising.
Again, luckily, we will have a 29 years old Paulinho now to solve the problems of these 5 grannies.

Shouldn't throw stones at others if your own track record is one of doing 180s and distorting stats.

I should look in the CL and LL threads for more true gems.

malvolio

But lets be honest, if people are eager to attribute this la liga victory to an Atletico player it has to be Oblak. Man has been giving masterclasses all throughout the season.

Maybe. But what they truly lacked last year were those guaranteed 20 goals from their striker and a guy who can kill those games that could finish in draws, as Atletico were never a high scoring team.

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe. But what they truly lacked last year were those guaranteed 20 goals from their striker and a guy who can kill those games that could finish in draws, as Atletico were never a high scoring team.

Suarez had a horrible game for every good one he had. Oblak was dishing out masterclasses left and right consistently. Didn?t he also stop 2 penalties that wouldve cost them the win?

BarcaOG

Banned
oblak is definitely part of that success.

actually what atleti had this year was goal scoring depth. suarez, correa, carrasco, and others all contributed 6-8 goals and assists. that really helps. Real and Barca depended mainly on benz and messi

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeaah this attack of suarez, carrasco, correa, llorente is better than its looking on paper. The bottling of 13 points was still embarrasing but well nobody will talk about it now.

malvolio

Suarez had a horrible game for every good one he had. Oblak was dishing out masterclasses left and right consistently. Didn?t he also stop 2 penalties that wouldve cost them the win?

Masterclass every game? Bet you didn't watch most of their games. He had his moments of greatness + his usual solid level by not letting in easy balls. I didn't say he wasn't great, but Atletico were solid at the back in most seasons.

Home of Barca Fans