Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Good performances all around with few exceptions.

Messi- a lot to fault him with today, but finishing was impeccable.
Xavi- near flawless performance controlling the midfield.
Alba- always a threat on offense, and his pace tracking back on defense seals the left side from attack.

Other:
Pedro- attack was down the left today, so was isolated. Typical hustle and great ball control in possession.
Montoya- emulates King Eric's calm admirably for his age, well on his way to cementing his spot in future years. Responsible for the goal with a poor clearance, but otherwise solid.
Villa- great runs as always.
Messi- lazy-ass in receiving passes when static between the lines, allowing himself to be poached at least twice by not moving towards the ball to receive.
Song- biggest liability in causing loss of possession/flow, followed by Messi. Holds the ball a bit too long, and sometimes turns into traffic needlessly too far back on the pitch when he has easy outlets.

F

Flavia

Messi - 2 goals, an amazing assist. And a great overall game, he was lively today.
Xavi - The boss, as usual.
Alba - His energy and speed still amazes me. What a signing, this was a steal.

Ursegor

World Champion
Messi - 2 goals, an amazing assist. And a great overall game, he was lively today.
Xavi - The boss, as usual.
Alba - His energy and speed still amazes me. What a signing, this was a steal.

You're trying too hard to get quoted in Tricky's summary. :lol: :wub:

I agree though:

Messi
Xavi
Alba

Paganinisrvnge

You're a real dick. I hope you know that.

Zaragoza match

1. Messi - Great finishing as usual and looked more lively than he has in a few matches.
2. Xavi - Great performance from the midfield maestro. Glad to see him be a little more attack minded in this match.
3. Song - Has improved significantly and did a good job in today's match. He's not Busquets but nobody is. I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans