Manchester United

Unbiased United

I think Machester is the least attractive of the top Premier Clubs currently. It has to do with the town, and failure of last Year. If a top player had to choose between Manchester or Chelsea or City, he would probably choose city and chelsea. The pulling power of Manchester is gone, only trough overpaying them they have a Chance. Van Gaal and woodward had to make last minute transfers with overpaying this year or they would have been left without signings. They had luck with PSG charge , or Di Maria would never have went to Manchester. Benatia snubbed them , thiago snubbed them, and Reus this year snubbed them.

Lets see if they dont make top 4 again, this could be a nightmare.

Wow, it sounds like you are really good friends with all the players agents to know who snubbed us like you clearly do!

Or, and I know this is a crazy thought, you are just pulling ideas out of your arse. Don't believe everything you read, it's impossible for us to know who rejected who, so it's pointless you trying to pretend otherwise.

Also, I'm sick of this 'who wants to live in Manchester' shit you hear some people say. Personally I don't like City life, but Machester City is just like any other vibrant city in the world. Not to mention the players don't actually live in the city center and where they do live is a lovely area to live in. I'm sure people like you must think that they players live on a council estate in Moss Side or something.

It's amazing you think our pulling power is gone because of one bad season. We won the league the year before and are on course to do better this season, yet all of a sudden we've lost our pulling power? A lot of players might choose Chelsea as their first destination these days due to the fact they will pay top wages, have a great manager and a great team. However, United will still be up there in most players estimations. We are still the biggest club in England. That's not me being biased, it's based on cold hard facts. But feel free to have a look at our trophy cabinet, our finances, our stadium and our fan base just so you can be sure.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Much depends on if United get into the CL. If they do I see no reason why the players should snub them. They are the biggest club in the history of football after all.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Louis van Gaal branded suggestions Manchester United will embark on another 150 million-pound spending spree "disgusting."

The Dutchman claimed it was "disrespectful" to his squad to suggest many of them could be replaced by big-money signings.
Good on him.

S7_MUFC

I think Machester is the least attractive of the top Premier Clubs currently. It has to do with the town, and failure of last Year. If a top player had to choose between Manchester or Chelsea or City, he would probably choose city and chelsea. The pulling power of Manchester is gone, only trough overpaying them they have a Chance. Van Gaal and woodward had to make last minute transfers with overpaying this year or they would have been left without signings. They had luck with PSG charge , or Di Maria would never have went to Manchester. Benatia snubbed them , thiago snubbed them, and Reus this year snubbed them.

Lets see if they dont make top 4 again, this could be a nightmare.

You're just seeing what you want to see and not taking into consideration that we could potentially overtake even Real and Barca in terms of revenues if we get into top 4...That would put us in the position where we'll be able to match anyone in terms of fees and wages...FFP even with all the loopholes will help keep city and Chelsea in check because at the very least their inflated revenues will be measured against ours because we'll be the benchmark for the fair value assessment......I can understand your conclusion about chelsea based on their location but why is city more attractive than United? I think in terms of quality of the squad the gap is very close and they are heavily reliant on Aguero and Silva.

Good on him.

Compare that with what Moyes said last season...

B

beautifulgame

Much depends on if United get into the CL. If they do I see no reason why the players should snub them. They are the biggest club in the history of football after all.

Huh. Sarcasm, I hope

Jenks

Yeah but Barca and Madrid currently operate on a completely different level. Not just in terms of performance but aspirations also. United want players that will improve them, while Madrid and Barca are looking for world class in every position. None of the English clubs aim so high for some reason, which is weird because it's not like cash is in short supply.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Biggest by what measure?

Unbiased United

Yeah but Barca and Madrid currently operate on a completely different level. Not just in terms of performance but aspirations also. United want players that will improve them, while Madrid and Barca are looking for world class in every position. None of the English clubs aim so high for some reason, which is weird because it's not like cash is in short supply.

You don't think united want that? I think you'll be in for a surprise over the next couple of seasons. Things have changed now SAF is no longer our manager. The thing is, he was such a great manager that he didn't need a team full of world class players to compete with the best. A couple of years back we had been in 3 out of 4 CL finals with players like Cleverly and Fletcher making up a good part of the team. His talent meant that we could afford to have a strong set of morals. I think you can already now see that a new era is upon United, and with the money we have behind us, I expect to start seeing more of the Di maria's of the world at United.

It could be said that RM and Barca are a bigger attraction to players, and in part that might be right. However, that's only because where those clubs have huge support (ie, Southern Europe and South America) those players tend to be a higher calibre of player. United are much more popular in Asia, North America and probably Northern Europe. If the worlds best players were emanating from those parts of the world then United would be seen as the club everyone wants to play for.

In terms of Fanbase, finances, and History, United are up there with RM and Barca, and even surpass them in some areas. I'm not arguing United are the biggest club, I'd say it's subjective. However, we are certainly amongst a set of clubs who might be considered to be.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Wow, it sounds like you are really good friends with all the players agents to know who snubbed us like you clearly do!

Or, and I know this is a crazy thought, you are just pulling ideas out of your arse. Don't believe everything you read, it's impossible for us to know who rejected who, so it's pointless you trying to pretend otherwise.

Also, I'm sick of this 'who wants to live in Manchester' shit you hear some people say. Personally I don't like City life, but Machester City is just like any other vibrant city in the world. Not to mention the players don't actually live in the city center and where they do live is a lovely area to live in. I'm sure people like you must think that they players live on a council estate in Moss Side or something.

It's amazing you think our pulling power is gone because of one bad season. We won the league the year before and are on course to do better this season, yet all of a sudden we've lost our pulling power? A lot of players might choose Chelsea as their first destination these days due to the fact they will pay top wages, have a great manager and a great team. However, United will still be up there in most players estimations. We are still the biggest club in England. That's not me being biased, it's based on cold hard facts. But feel free to have a look at our trophy cabinet, our finances, our stadium and our fan base just so you can be sure.

He actually has a point. Especially about the City over Utd choice. As soon as City bought Mangala for 30m they ruled themselves out of bringing in any other big signings because of FFP. Di Maria for example wouldn't have gone to Utd if RM hadn't won the Champions League last season and PSG had a £51m FFP limit so Utd offer of £60m ruled them out. Falcao, although on loan, obviously doesn't care for much other than wages being at Monaco before. Don't get me wrong you are a great club with good "pulling power" but currently most would choose City, Chelsea etc over Utd.

Andrew M

You don't think united want that? I think you'll be in for a surprise over the next couple of seasons. Things have changed now SAF is no longer our manager. The thing is, he was such a great manager that he didn't need a team full of world class players to compete with the best. A couple of years back we had been in 3 out of 4 CL finals with players like Cleverly and Fletcher making up a good part of the team. His talent meant that we could afford to have a strong set of morals. I think you can already now see that a new era is upon United, and with the money we have behind us, I expect to start seeing more of the Di maria's of the world at United.

You mean Barca and Real rejects? :p

S7_MUFC

He actually has a point. Especially about the City over Utd choice. As soon as City bought Mangala for 30m they ruled themselves out of bringing in any other big signings because of FFP. Di Maria for example wouldn't have gone to Utd if RM hadn't won the Champions League last season and PSG had a £51m FFP limit so Utd offer of £60m ruled them out. Falcao, although on loan, obviously doesn't care for much other than wages being at Monaco before. Don't get me wrong you are a great club with good "pulling power" but currently most would choose City, Chelsea etc over Utd.
Arguably City and Chelsea were more attractive last summer because we weren't in the champions league but with us qualifying for the champions league I just don't see why City are more attractive? We have bigger stadium, more history, more money(with FFP) so why would a player want to play for city instead of United? People saying United are not attractive are just trying to kick us when we are down.....

Home of Barca Fans