Manchester United

Galning

What they actually should be getting is a decent midfielder, I mean Cleverley and Carrick, they both suck. I can't believe how every year United manages to be a topteam with always having an average midfield.

Fergie.
You can say what you want about him but he is a worldclass manager. He gets the best out of the worst players.

Banana-Rama

What they actually should be getting is a decent midfielder, I mean Cleverley and Carrick, they both suck. I can't believe how every year United manages to be a topteam with always having an average midfield.

Carrick does not suck, he has been very good this season, you should watch watch him play, and Cleverley also has the potential to be a very good player, we do need to add another centre mid but you don't have the success united have had in the league and in europe if your midfield sucks......

Yannick03

Carrick does not suck, he has been very good this season, you should watch watch him play, and Cleverley also has the potential to be a very good player, we do need to add another centre mid but you don't have the success united have had in the league and in europe if your midfield sucks......

Europe ?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hopefully vidic rio and Evra play at the weekend as they are our best chance to win!! I do think Man U will beat Real Madrid rather comfortably in the cl. Man U will score in Bernabeu probably a score draw 1-1 or 2-2 and I expect Man U to win by 2 goals at old toilet

Jenks

It's because they bypass it a lot. They use it to shield the back four and recycle possession and not a great deal else. And for all his lack of dribbling ability, Carrick can still ping high quality long range balls and be relatively solid in possession, Scholes even more so.

S

Smile

Shocking all these years United have not strengthened in midfield, every window you expect them to but they never do. Carrick is decent but will always be exposed against a Barcelona, Cleverley is a rookie playing in his first full season, i do like the guy though and his potential, i like the look of Powell too from the bits i've seen, but they defiantly need more experience and quality in there.

Saying that their attack is deadly and i do fancy them to beat Madrid.

*Edit* Reading back why do i keep forgetting about Kagawa? Awesome player, midfield 3 of Carrick/Kagawa/Cleverley is not too bad on reflection, i've noticed they started playing the diamond more this season in the Champions League which is a more keeping possession based formation, not bad players to do that. Not sure if that formation would work against Madrid though, for United win that they need to play to their strengths and use their wingers and let Rooney and RvP do the rest.

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

Shocking all these years United have not strengthened in midfield, every window you expect them to but they never do. Carrick is decent but will always be exposed against a Barcelona, Cleverley is a rookie playing in his first full season, i do like the guy though and his potential, i like the look of Powell too from the bits i've seen, but they defiantly need more experience and quality in there.

Saying that their attack is deadly and i do fancy them to beat Madrid.

*Edit* Reading back why do i keep forgetting about Kagawa? Awesome player, midfield 3 of Carrick/Kagawa/Cleverley is not too bad on reflection, i've noticed they started playing the diamond more this season in the Champions League which is a more keeping possession based formation, not bad players to do that. Not sure if that formation would work against Madrid though, for United win that they need to play to their strengths and use their wingers and let Rooney and RvP do the rest.

Anderson would be a good player too if he could stop getting injured, what United really need is an alternative to Carrick, if he gets injured we have no defensive mid, luckily Carrick stays fit most of the time............

Unbiased United

Carrick has arguably been United's best player this season, a high level midfielder. He will always be exposed against Barcelona though. The reason being, he is 'merely' very good, and Xavi and Iniesta are world class. That's not a slight on Carrick's ability saying they will outplay him.

With a full strength team United have a strong midfield, its our defence which, as a unit, has been very suspect this season.

Home of Barca Fans