Manchester United

hellsangel1

p.s. the old trafford pitch really needs replacing, it is a muddy torn up mess these days, makes it difficult to pass the ball on the ground..........

I've noticed that too in recent games which is really surprising as the Old Trafford pitch has almost always been great. Is the fact that they're going to face Madrid in the CL have anything to do with the status of the pitch???

Banana-Rama

I've noticed that too in recent games which is really surprising as the Old Trafford pitch has almost always been great. Is the fact that they're going to face Madrid in the CL have anything to do with the status of the pitch???

i don't think so, even fergie has been moaning about it in the last press conference, we have had that pitch for over 6 years apparently, i have no idea why a new pitch wasn't laid before the start of the season, you cannot do it during the season as the new pitch needs time to bed in and the cold weather/rain makes it difficult at this time of year, we'll just have to make do till the end of the season............

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
55 years ago on 6 February 1958 23 Man U players and staff lost their lives in the Munich Air Disaster.

RIP to them all.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Why are you posting that link despite knowing it's wrong? As you yourself said the term has nothing to do with the disaster, or with "manure".

Jenks

That article is a load of bollocks written by someone who has no clue what he is talking about.

"These days “Man U” is widely used by supporters of rival clubs as an insult to Manchester United."

:facepalm:

89Norcal

That article is a load of bollocks written by someone who has no clue what he is talking about.

"These days “Man U” is widely used by supporters of rival clubs as an insult to Manchester United."

:facepalm:

It was the "MUNICH" chant I want wondering about. Then again I'm not in Manchester and don't hear daily chat about the club.

Just wasn't clear, in the end you're all strangers on the internet to me so I wasn't sure what to believe.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I read an even bigger article about it, which said that it is just a myth... And also an ex-player clarified the same.

The ManU was not only used by fans, prior to the Munich incident, but also by rivals trying to insult them.

89Norcal

I suggest you read the comments below that article.

I'm supposed to trust what random angry blog readers say?

You guys are confusing my stance on this big time. Not siding with or blaming anyone, just re-stating what I've read from multiple sources.

Home of Barca Fans