Manchester United

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
he'll be a better player then young/valencia, he has more talent then those two, it looks like you are downplaying his ability due to your liverpool bias and trying to put ince on the same level due to liverpool's interest in him, the interest in zaha from united, arsenal, spurs etc speaks for itself. zaha has the pace, strength, trickery, he just needs to refine his technique a bit, he's still a bit raw, he is only 20 so he has plenty of time to do that. there is no textbook rate at which players develop, some develop very late in there career, di natale, some come through very early, rooney, i would expect zaha to be fully developed by his mid twenties...

Why would I do that when we have the superior Sterling? No bias at all in my posts, just thinking out aloud and looking at what the stats are telling me.

Banana-Rama

Why would I do that when we have the superior Sterling? No bias at all in my posts, just thinking out aloud and looking at what the stats are telling me.

then how can you compare him to young/valencia, he is clearly more talented then those two, as for sterling being superior, time will tell on that, it is about potential not about where they are now...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
How is he clearly more talented than Young or Valencia? Please explain that to me. I remember Young at Watford. In 2005/6 season he played 41 times scoring 15 times. In 07/08 Young had 17 assists! SO please explain to me how Zaha is better at this time?

Sterling is superior in just half a season he has proved his ability at this level and is only 18 - 2 years younger than Zaha. So logically you cannot say otherwise.

I'll say again there is no bias in my posts at all. I do believe Zaha will be a top player and will have very good career at the highest level in england. I just don't see the potential for greatness in him that I do for Sterling (as an example). Which isn't to say he won't be a top player - as I believe he will be a top player - just like Valencia and Young. But there is a difference between a top player and potential to be a great player. At 20/21 years of age in his position he should have done a lot more at the level he is at, than he has done. Just IMO.

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

How is he clearly more talented than Young or Valencia? Please explain that to me.

Sterling is superior in just half a season he has proved his ability at this level and is only 18 - 2 years younger than Zaha. So logically you cannot say otherwise.

as i said in my previous post, it is about potential not about where the two players are right now, zaha has high potential and could easily become a better player then sterling, as for young and valencia, valencia is a direct one dimensional player, he only plays on the right wing and doesn't really have any tricks, he is very one footed aswell, zaha can play either wing or through the middle and has the tricks and flair that valencia does not have, young has been average at best at united so far, i was against signing him and nothing i have seen from him so far has changed my mind, young will be nothing more then a squad player for us, zaha has the potential to be much more then that...

S

Smile

How is he clearly more talented than Young or Valencia? Please explain that to me. I remember Young at Watford. In 2005/6 season he played 41 times scoring 15 times. In 07/08 Young had 17 assists! SO please explain to me how Zaha is better at this time?

Young is average and Valencia is 1 dimensional, Sterling is a 'potential' just as Zaha is - At this moment in time 'Sterling' and 'superior' does not go together in any shape or form not just with comparisons with Zaha but with anything, anyone who thinks it does belongs on the RAWK and reading your posts I'm sure you're a member of.

Banana-Rama

Antonio Valencia :facepalm: awful awful player....he can't run, can't cross and certainly can't pass, he is a liability, been terrible all season, young is average too, i pray that nani stays and we should sign another winger to replace valencia...

ShandyFFM

Antonio Valencia :facepalm: awful awful player....he can't run, can't cross and certainly can't pass, he is a liability, been terrible all season, young is average too, i pray that nani stays and we should sign another winger to replace valencia...

but still manu's best no. 7 ever :troll:

DavidVillano1

To state Xavi only started developing in his mid 20s is laughable!

He won breakthrough player of the year in La Liga in 1999 and was runner up in player of the year award in the same season. Was only 19/20. He's been a top player for years, it's just he went up a level(best in the world in his own right) and people in Britain finally started to see him more regularly and see what a superb footballer he actually was.

De Gea's save from Mata was brilliant, him and Carrick saved United today.

S7_MUFC

Zaha will ceratinly be an improvement, not because he is that good(I haven't seen enough of him to pass any judgement),but the wingers we have are that bad. It's a miracle that we are top of the table considering we rely predominantly on or wingplay.

S

Smile

To state Xavi only started developing in his mid 20s is laughable!

He won breakthrough player of the year in La Liga in 1999 and was runner up in player of the year award in the same season. Was only 19/20. He's been a top player for years, it's just he went up a level(best in the world in his own right) and people in Britain finally started to see him more regularly and see what a superb footballer he actually was.

De Gea's save from Mata was brilliant, him and Carrick saved United today.

I'm not disputing his ability, but Xavi never started regularly playing regularly for Barcelona until aged 26, so for that to happen, something was missing or someone better was in front of him - So why is that laughable when that is what happened? Thiago is showing promise, but if he doesn't start playing 90mins week in week out until 25 or 26 than you can't make out Thiago as been awesome all throughout his career because he wouldn't have.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
United made a Barça yesterday. They had the match won (2-0) and bottled it against Chelsea. :D

misterplatin

I'm not disputing his ability, but Xavi never started regularly playing regularly for Barcelona until aged 26, so for that to happen, something was missing or someone better was in front of him - So why is that laughable when that is what happened? .

Xavi had 291 senior appearances for Barca by age of 25 (2004-05 season) and most of them were as starter since age of 20 .The average appearances per year since age of 20 should be around 47 .

After which he had a long term injury and played only 22 matches in 2005-06 . I feel stupid to post these stats from wiki .

That is why it is really annoying that you always make baseless statements .Opinions without any facts to back them up.

Jenks

I'm not disputing his ability, but Xavi never started regularly playing regularly for Barcelona until aged 26 [...]

The most games Xavi has ever played in a season is 54. He played 52 games in a season when he was 22.

DavidVillano1

Where does this myth arise that Xavi wasn't a regular for Barcelona until he was 26? Is it because he didn't start in the UCL final against Arsenal? Maybe he didn't start because he was out for a while with a knee injury and wasn't match fit!

Hear this nonsense constantly from English fans, it's tiresome and factually incorrect!

Xavi statistics;

01-02(age 21/22) - 28 La Liga appearances(24 starts) 10 UCL appearances(7 starts)
02-03(age 22/23) - 29 La Liga appearances(29 starts) 14 UCL appearances(14 starts)
03-04(age 23/24) - 37 La Liga appearances(35 starts) 7 Uefa cup appearances(7 starts)
04-05(age 24/25) - 36 La Liga appearances(36 starts) 8 UCL appearances(8 starts)

Missed three UCL matches in 02/03, one in the Uefa cup in 03/04 and one in 04/05.

How was Xavi not a regular for Barcelona before he was 26? :xavi:

Home of Barca Fans