Manchester United

Banana-Rama

Why not he's got more goals and assists has he not?

ince is a neat and tidy player, comfortable on the ball, reminds me of nathan dyer, zaha has higher potential tho, his pace and strength along with his dribbling will make him a real handful.....

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
They both play on the wing do they not? For someone who supposedly dominates teams his goal return is pretty poor no? 13 goals in 119 appearances is pretty poor for someone who seemingly dominates the championship?

Ince is 10 months older and has scored 24 goals in 68 games for Blackpool.

I am just asking the question that is all I am not taking one side or the other, however you say one thing the stats say something else.

Zaha may have a higher ceiling as you say but seeing as they are the same age and seeing what the stats are saying then there can be a reasonable doubt about that. But certainly Zaha will get a good education next season and depending on which club Ince ends up joining that may be a bigger factor.

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

They both play on the wing do they not? For someone who supposedly dominates teams his goal return is pretty poor no? 13 goals in 119 appearances is pretty poor for someone who seemingly dominates the championship?

Ince is 10 months older and has scored 24 goals in 68 games for Blackpool.

I am just asking the question that is all I am not taking one side or the other, however you say one thing the stats say something else.

Zaha may have a higher ceiling as you say but seeing as they are the same age and seeing what the stats are saying then there can be a reasonable doubt about that. But certainly Zaha will get a good education next season and depending on which club Ince ends up joining that may be a bigger factor.

don't blackpool play 4-3-3 with the wingers cutting in, they are more like forwards then wide players, i am not bothered about zaha's scoring record at this stage, united are signing him as a winger, in my opinion there will be no comparison between what zaha goes onto achieve in his career and what ince goes on to do...

S

Smile

Plays like a young Nani but with more potential. Oh and he can, and wants to, cross the ball.

Think that's a little unflattery. I mean Nani is basicly Ronaldo minus 50 goals a season (a poor mans if you will), maybe over plays more than Ronaldo but less of a end product whereas Zaha does. So why cannot Zaha maybe be like a young Ronaldo? Zaha doesn't over play, as said (and you) has a end product, by talent reminds me of a young Ronaldo more than Nani anyway, if Zaha basicly does what Bale does he WILL be Ronaldo as basicly Bale's end product is up there with Ronaldo right now but doesn't have Ronaldo's trickery and never will (Bale relies of pace), this guy does have that samba like Ronaldinho/Ronaldo trickery and could be that type of player England have been waiting to produce, although i still have high hopes for Sterling.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ince will be playing in the higher echelons of the premier league too - don't worry about that. But for what club I am unsure of. Zaha may well up having the better career, but both will be mainstays in the England squad in the next 10 years and both will be playing in the upper echelons in the premier league soon enough. I just don't know how you can say there will be no comparison between what Zaha goes onto achieve and what Ince goes on to achieve when they are both the same age and the stats say that Ince has done more in his career thus far than Zaha.

I can actually see Man U signing Ince too btw. He'll be relatively cheap - no more than £8m.

Anyway both are way behind Sterling in terms of higher ceiling potential.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Think that's a little unflattery. I mean Nani is basicly Ronaldo minus 50 goals a season (a poor mans if you will), maybe over plays more than Ronaldo but less of a end product whereas Zaha does. So why cannot Zaha maybe be like a young Ronaldo? Zaha doesn't over play, as said has a end product and by talent reminds me of a young Ronaldo more than Nani, if Zaha basicly does what Bale does he WILL be Ronaldo as basicly Bale's end product is up there with Ronaldo right now but doesn't have Ronaldo's trickery and never will (Bale relies of pace), this guy does have that samba like Ronaldinho/Ronaldo trickery and could be that type of player England have been waiting to produce, although i still have high hopes for Sterling.

All well and good except Zaha is 21. When Cronaldo was 21 he had 3 seasons with Man U and play in two international tournaments. So for me the comparison is null and void. If anything Zaha reminds me of a younger Antonio Valencia (no bad thing) and will probably end up being better than Valencia.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Think that's a little unflattery. I mean Nani is basicly Ronaldo minus 50 goals a season (a poor mans if you will), maybe over plays more than Ronaldo but less of a end product whereas Zaha does. So why cannot Zaha maybe be like a young Ronaldo? Zaha doesn't over play, as said (and you) has a end product, by talent reminds me of a young Ronaldo more than Nani anyway, if Zaha basicly does what Bale does he WILL be Ronaldo as basicly Bale's end product is up there with Ronaldo right now but doesn't have Ronaldo's trickery and never will (Bale relies of pace), this guy does have that samba like Ronaldinho/Ronaldo trickery and could be that type of player England have been waiting to produce, although i still have high hopes for Sterling.

It's just that the way he's showboating reminds me of Nani more (obviously CR did this all the time too, but he spent more time on the ground than on his feet), and CR has a more 'straightforward' playing style.

S

Smile

All well and good except Zaha is 21. When Cronaldo was 21 he had 3 seasons with Man U and play in two international tournaments. So for me the comparison is null and void. If anything Zaha reminds me of a younger Antonio Valencia (no bad thing) and will probably end up being better than Valencia.

Well exactly you've just said it all about what Ronaldo achieved because he had the previlidge being spotted young and playing young for a big club.

And Zaha is 20 not 21 and who cares about age? Xavi didn't start developing until mid 20's what about Thiago still sat on the bench at 22, yet people have no problem comparing him with Wilshere who's been there and done it all at a young age and missed over a years football on top of that.

Take a look at Bale, it's taken him up until the age of 23 to do what he's doing now and Zaha is nothing like Valenica, Valencia is direct as direct come, kick the ball forward and run, Zaha is not like that at all.

Robbie

It took Zidane and Drogba until age 24/25 to become top players. Blackburn Rovers wouldn't let Dalglish sign Zidane back then, saying he wasn't worth it. And Bale was so bad at 21 that he had gone something like 2 years without winning a single game with Spurs. Basically, it's impossible to tell how a player will turn out.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well exactly you've just said it all about what Ronaldo achieved because he had the previlidge being spotted young and playing young for a big club.

And Zaha is 20 not 21 and who cares about age? Xavi didn't start developing until mid 20's what about Thiago still sat on the bench at 22, yet people have no problem comparing him with Wilshere who's been there and done it all at a young age and missed over a years football on top of that.

Take a look at Bale, it's taken him up until the age of 23 to do what he's doing now and Zaha is nothing like Valenica, Valencia is direct as direct come, kick the ball forward and run, Zaha is not like that at all.

While I agree with your general statement that players develop differently...
Thiago is still 21 (22 in a month) and has played more games for Barca than Wilshere (who is admittedly a year younger) for Arsenal.

And central midfielders usually bloom later than wingers.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Has Zaha got even 20% of the skills Cronaldo had at that age? No. Wide men/forward develop earlier than central midfielders because they need to have their physique and pace at that young age to prosper.

For central midfield its all about tactical ability, game intelligence and knowhow - which takes further to develop.

I think Zaha will be a very good player but nowhere near Cronaldo - more like Valencia and Young in terms of ability level. Same with Ince.

S

Smile

Has Zaha got even 20% of the skills Cronaldo had at that age? No. Wide men/forward develop earlier than central midfielders because they need to have their physique and pace at that young age to prosper.

For central midfield its all about tactical ability, game intelligence and knowhow - which takes further to develop.

I think Zaha will be a very good player but nowhere near Cronaldo - more like Valencia and Young in terms of ability level. Same with Ince.

How many times have you seen Zaha play? You seem to have a strong opinion on him and his talents by just watching a YouTube video and i think most of that is because of your username, if he signed for Liverpool i'm your tune would be totally different.

And C.Ronaldo is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game, these players do not grow on trees. If Saha can be half of the player Ronaldo is than Manchester United would have some player on there hands, me personally as a fan of England am hoping Zaha could do what Bale is doing, that is still unlikely as Bale is amazing but Zaha's talent is there for all to see, he as unique ability and an end product already and now he's moving to United this will talent and end product will only be developed even further.

Banana-Rama

he'll be a better player then young/valencia, he has more talent then those two, it looks like you are downplaying his ability due to your liverpool bias and trying to put ince on the same level due to liverpool's interest in him, the interest in zaha from united, arsenal, spurs etc speaks for itself. zaha has the pace, strength, trickery, he just needs to refine his technique a bit, he's still a bit raw, he is only 20 so he has plenty of time to do that. there is no textbook rate at which players develop, some develop very late in there career, di natale, some come through very early, rooney, i would expect zaha to be fully developed by his mid twenties...

Home of Barca Fans