Manchester United

Porque

Some stunning statements from a bald Dutch fraud after being spanked by another bald Dutch fraud. :worthy:

Erik ten Hag 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐞𝐬 π›πšπœπ€ after 0-3!
β€œCoaching is the problem? Are you sure? I don’t think so… or you would not win trophies like we did twice”.
β€œI’m sorry for you. After Manchester City, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 π­π«π¨π©π‘π’πžπ¬β€¦ against big teams. I’m sorry for you”.
β€œUgarte out? πˆβ€™π¦ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 π‡πšπ«π«π² 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫! He hasn’t played, needs to build his fitness, can take weeks… months”.
β€œYou can see the xG we didn’t concede as many goals… it’s not same as last year. But well done to Liverpool”.
β€œIn the two years we took two trophies. At the end of the season you’ll see, for sure π°πžβ€™π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 π­π«π¨π©π‘π’πžπ¬β€.

I'm sure haters like @Birdy would be all over Xavi if he would say similar shite but now nobody here even talks about Zero Hag. :lol:

I got a masters in bro-chology, probably acquired after 3 years of Xavi tutelage.

What I can say about ETH is that he gives off so much arrogance to try and cover his frailties and bad results.

Maybe outside of the spotlight he is reflective and honest of the situation, but the vibe he is giving off, he is just not going to be able to steer this shop. That FA Cup win just delayed the inevitable.

He needs to fake resign, decide to stay, have a press conference about staying and then get sacked basically.

Birdy

Some stunning statements from a bald Dutch fraud after being spanked by another bald Dutch fraud. :worthy:

Erik ten Hag 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐞𝐬 π›πšπœπ€ after 0-3!
β€œCoaching is the problem? Are you sure? I don’t think so… or you would not win trophies like we did twice”.
β€œI’m sorry for you. After Manchester City, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 π­π«π¨π©π‘π’πžπ¬β€¦ against big teams. I’m sorry for you”.
β€œUgarte out? πˆβ€™π¦ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 π‡πšπ«π«π² 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫! He hasn’t played, needs to build his fitness, can take weeks… months”.
β€œYou can see the xG we didn’t concede as many goals… it’s not same as last year. But well done to Liverpool”.
β€œIn the two years we took two trophies. At the end of the season you’ll see, for sure π°πžβ€™π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 π­π«π¨π©π‘π’πžπ¬β€.

I'm sure haters like @Birdy would be all over Xavi if he would say similar shite but now nobody here even talks about Zero Hag. :lol:

It is definitely a bad reply

But I haven't heard Ten Hag whining week in week out about players he doesn't have and wished could have bought

Also never heard him say 'we were better' in games they got trashed

mc_lovin

Does it matter? Xavi achieved much more. Not just titles, but also bringing up players.

Ten Hag is a total bum as of now and worst of all he got all his fucking transfers bar Frenkie. Who also suck.

soul24rage

If I were ETH, I would play a false 9

My XI in the next PL match

Garnacho---------Fernandez---------Diallo
------------Mainoo---------Ugarte
---------------------Collyer
Dalot-----Lisandro------De Ligt-------Maz
---------------------Onana

jamrock

It is definitely a bad reply

But I haven't heard Ten Hag whining week in week out about players he doesn't have and wished could have bought

ETH whined, now imagine if he didn't get all his transfers and had to work with a bunch of kids from the man utd academy.

El Gato

Villarato!
The man seems strangely incapable of guiding a player he hasn't worked with during his time in Netherlands/Germany. I initially didnt think it's a terrible strategy to lean on people he knows, but he seems to provide absolutely no other requirements to his SDs. And that's despite the club having an actually very good transfer window in terms of shipping out dead weight

His English stammer not improving is also quite damning on optics
Dude sounds ridiculous since he's shifted to firing back at journalists in pressers over the past year or so and is so easily caught out

Maradona37

Predicted them to be poor again at the start of the season, but of course the likes of JamDav deluded himself with his pathetic little sniggers on my posts.

It was so obvious to anyone with sense that they're going nowhere. I could write an essay on how bad they are. A couple of people (Horatio being the other) laughed when I said the issues were still apparent against Fulham, but the last two games have proved it.

These five signings they have made represent AT BEST a slight improvement too. I really don't rate De Ligt, Mazraoui, Zirzkee, Yoro looks a talent but is young and currently injured. Ugarte will be poor for them too, I guarantee it - he's nothing like what they need in defensive midfield. They needed a playmaker - instead they have a clown who flies into tackles, is awful when pressed and can't pass water. If they're pinning their hopes on him and the other players their previous clubs didn't want anymore then they have big problems.

There's two issues for them on the park - the first is the players are nowhere near as good as their fans think, and their fans clearly have the attitude that someone who plays for Man United is automatically better than someone who plays for a 'small club' like Brighton (for the record I would take Mitoma and Joao Pedro over every single attacker Man United have(. it's an archaic way of thinking 'we are a bigger club so we automatically have better players'. No, they are just more hyped by the media.

The second problem they have is that Ten Hag is an absolute moron. I said in summer 2023 that he wouldn't be United coach when 2025 rolls in, and I stand by that. If he is United coact at New Year then this new management structure will clearly be incompetent (that's another thing they were getting giddy about, I am pretty sure this new management structure will prove to be incompetent too, just because they aren't the Glazers doesn't make them any good).

It must be great for their clown fans when they are the best team in July when no football is being played, or when they 'win the transfer window' before any of these players have even kicked a ball for them. They have made the same mistake repeatedly over the years but never ever learn.

The overall problem they have though is that the club is rotten to its core. They have so much arrogance from top to bottom, think the club is special with meaningless platitudes like 'This is Manchester United', as if comments like that will help them improve. If anything the first step to them actually getting better is showing some humility and dropping the arrogance. They've been a nothing club for their entire history other than at two points - under Busby and under Ferguson. This is simply them reverting to the mean.

Unfortunately most forum dwellers ar under 40 and think football started in 1992 so have this misguided impression (due to the 90s) that United are a historically successful club. They aren't. Their European record is embarrassing and 2/3 of their league titles were won under Ferguson.

I could do on but the club is simply doomed, and destined to fail. The rot is too deep. They're still trying to play football like a very basic counter-attack from the 90s and early 2000s. That worked in the PL then, but will never ever work now in the era of greater tactical cohesion.

Their fans are still desperate and clinging to false hope too - I have saw a few of them cling to the fact they had a better xG than Liverpool yesterday, had as many shots, more possession. FFS, about xG - it's clearly only a worthy tool when used over a prolonged period, not in one-off games. And any 'xG model' that says Liverpool should have scored fewer than two goals yesterday is completely broken - Diaz's second goal is a great finish from a low likelihood chance, fair enough, but his first is a free header into an empty net from 5 yards FFS!. Yet apparently he as an individual had an xG of 0.31 yesterday? How?! The only way I can see that not being a sitter is because Szobo was in his way putting him off, but even with that, it would have been criminal had Diaz missed that. Yet I assume xG gives it about 0.2 likelihood of being scored? Bollocks. Then there's Szobo not shooting into an open net, Salah (one of the best players in the world) with a free shot on goal where Onana's positioning was horrendous, and a few other things. Anyone who thinks that xG was an accurate predictor of yesterday's game must be very misguided.

As for the shots and more possession - the latter comes from United generally passing it about at the back. The former is obvious - United got nowhere near Liverpool's goal really until Liverpool had scored and then were 2-0 and 3-0 up. Liverpool had taken their foot off the gas and were toying with United by then.

This is the weakness of stats, especially in football - people throw them about minus CONTEXT. Qualitative data is just as important if not more so than quantitative. Stats are often misused or abused by people, which is why those with no understanding of how to analyse them think yesterday was 'a close game', or that Brighton weren't better than United last week.

Ultimately United are still a shambles and going nowhere. Ten Hag is an absolute clown but it goes far deeper than him - the club is rotten to its core. Like I have been saying for years, it could be decades before they challenge again. Their fans think it will take a few transfer windows - I think they're in for a very rude awakening. And these new players they've very excited about? They'll be the deadwood they are desperate to get rid of in 3 seasons. Then the cycle will repeat.

Iniesta Ultra

ETH not taking accountability filters out on the players. Same thing with Xavi.

Character and personality assessment should be major part of finding a good manager.

Of course we have Fatporta making emotional decisions, when it was even more obvious Xavi needed fired over a year prior two years in my long-stated opinion.

Maradona37

Anyway, I have said my piece.

The nature of being a mid-table team is you'll win some, draw some and lose some. It's literally the definition of mid-table - inconsistent results. Not so good you accrue most points available and not so bad you hardly get any. So no doubt the next time United get a decent result the usual suspects will come in here claiming they're back again, as if football works on a game-to-game basis or even three/four game block of form basis.

However, the trends and metrics strongly suggest that over the long-term (one season or multiple), United will struggle. So try not to get too excited for Ten Hag when United win a game, Horatio. If - for example - they beat Southampton in two weeks (very up for debate) it will simply be delaying the inevitable, a stay of execution.

Last edited:

Maradona37

He does that all the time Birdy. You can't have been listening to him. Just as one example he still claims United should have won at the Emirates last season - a game Arsenal clearly deserved to win. Pretty sure he babbled some nonsense about United's offside goal at Brighton being the difference last week too, overlooking that Brighton missed two chances before that.

He has the very Man United affliction of assuming every goal United concede is a mistake and not allowing the same for the opposition i.e. thinking United goals are amazing play and United goals conceded don't deserve any credit for the opponent. Basically, he only looks at matches through the prism of Man United, not also the opponent. He's like their fans in that regard. And that's one of the many reasons he has been an unmitigated disaster for ages and will be sacked soon.

He also keeps droning on about winning second-tier trophies, while not acknowledging their awful performance in the domestic league and league phase of the CL. If he has any sense he must know that how you do in league situations gives more clue as to your future progression than winning luck of the draw cup competitions. If he doesn't know that then United fans should be worried.

The guy is just deluded and can't handle criticism of himself as a manager (and Lord knows there's a list of things to criticise him about a mile long).

Last edited:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Folk actually thought they would be different because they bought the Dutch Lukaku, Frenkie's Ping Pong Partner and fucking Mazraoui. :rofl1:

Yoro and Ugarte are good prospects but they will somehow manage to destroy their potential as well.

They are a clown show level that even Barca couldn't get close to. Praise God every day you do not support them, folks.

Easy W for me and Maradona37 to add to our Bellingham W.

Maradona37

Folk actually thought they would be different because they bought the Dutch Lukaku, Frenkie's Ping Pong Partner and fucking Mazraoui. :rofl1:

Yoro and Ugarte are good prospects but they will somehow manage to destroy their potential as well.

They are a clown show level that even Barca couldn't get close to. Praise God every day you do not support them, folks.

Easy W for me and Maradona37 to add to our Bellingham W.
Bellingham is actually a good player, and to be fair, despite having technical deficiencies can have a great career because of his athleticism (even if I do generally consider him overrated).

But this is the easiest prediction ever. It's frankly amazing that they keep fooling people into thinking they're back. You can understand it with Mancs themselves, but they even fool some opposition fans sometimes.

While Pep is at City and City, Liverpool and Arsenal are being run well, United will never compete. They just cannot play possession football like those clubs can. They're a basic counter-attack 90s team playing in the 2020s, employing donkeys like Fernandes and Rashford who can only thrive in chaotic football matches - totally unsustainable.

Their best hope is the level dropping drastically, because they can't rise to it right now. And if you can only compete in an era of decline, then that says a lot about you as a club anyway, and is built on sand.

Frankly, predicting them to continue to struggle is the easiest prediction in football at this point. What makes it all the sweeter is they have one-off games and little blocks of games they get good results, and people start to fool themselves into thinking they're 'turning it around'. But it ALWAYS turns to shit.

Their fans are simply living in la la land by claiming it will take a few years to challenge. They're actually saying they have to endure a few hard years before they challenge, like time will suddenly make them competitive. They're in for a big shock.

Home of Barca Fans