Manchester United

B

beautifulgame

United deserved it this year, by far the best team in the league. With a different ref vs Madrid they would most likely be taking on Dortmund on Wednesday too.

Give it up. If by a different red you mean one that would have got the decision wrong then sure. The call is textbook, even Colina has stated as much.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
My opinion for what it's worth(not much :p)

Benat, Rakitic, Valero are not good enough for a top club. Toulalan is too old, whilst Kondogbia is all about potential.

Banega, Hernanes, Vidal or Gundogan would be ideal signings for United whilst Marchisio and Eriksen are too attacking and the latter is not ready for a top club yet IMO.
Pretty much agreed on the 'ideal signings', but the other players definitely add depth and improve the squad. Rakitic has by all accounts improved greatly this season, Beñat is a good option if they want a player similar to Alonso and Borja Valero is doing well for Fiorentina, who are having a very good season.

Banega and Hernanes would probably be the most likely if they want a good attacking central midfielder

DavidVillano1

United deserved it this year, by far the best team in the league. With a different ref vs Madrid they would most likely be taking on Dortmund on Wednesday too.
Why are you ignoring all the decisions that went for Man United over two legs?

*Jones shove on Di Maria that was a penalty
*Man United's away goal from a corner that never was
*Wrong chopping off of Higuain's goal
*Rafael handball which was a pen and red card

Real got more decisions against them, however we still continue to hear that the ref screwed Man United. Boring!

Kerrybai

Why are you ignoring all the decisions that went for Man United over two legs?

*Jones shove on Di Maria that was a penalty
*Man United's away goal from a corner that never was
*Wrong chopping off of Higuain's goal
*Rafael handball which was a pen and red card

Real got more decisions against them, however we still continue to hear that the ref screwed Man United. Boring!

You are right decisions went both way, it doesn't change the fact that a different ref might have ruled differently on the decision. Iv'e seen that sort of challenge dealt with a yellow card before.

Give it up. If by a different red you mean one that would have got the decision wrong then sure. The call is textbook, even Colina has stated as much.

It is textbook but not always given. Iv'e seen that sort of challenge several times with different outcomes. According to the rules the decision was correct, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that a lot of ref's would not give it.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Congrats on winning the league, as much as it pains me to say this ;)

If Mou returns to Chelsea then next year could be very interesting, I expect City to be much stronger too. Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are still miles away from competing imo.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
But where would they spend? They've got a bunch of good but not top class players, and afaik no real weak position in the starting eleven.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Get rid of deadwood and replace it with quality depth, get a few top class players and have the ones who currently play there on the bench. Maybe a young CB, like Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez (he's ours though :angry:) a young, physical defensive midfielder (could also play Frimpong or Coquelin for this), a more consistent, quality striker.

Superfly

Banned
I reckon if they get top 4 they'll get Jovetic (just a gut feeling), a DM (Capoue/Gonalons), a GK, and probably a CB. Don't think they'll win the league until at least another season of rebuilding, but when you look at their current squad in third, you just start to think what they're capable of with a good striker up top instead of a lamp post and a true DM.

Kerrybai

^ I agree with the sentiment here. They need a world class striker. They could go for Villa but that's not going to be good enough in the long run, they need to get the chequebook out and spend big. Falcao, Cavani etc.

Irish_Cules

Toulalan would be a good signing and will probably be leaving Malaga this summer anyway. The return of french steel to the Arsenal midfield.

DavidVillano1

You are right decisions went both way, it doesn't change the fact that a different ref might have ruled differently on the decision. Iv'e seen that sort of challenge dealt with a yellow card before.
Yeh without doubt, I was surprised with the red card myself.

Arsenal and Tottenham are miles away from challenging for the title, whilst it depends what City turns up. Chelsea would need a massive improvement defensively and bring in the correct manager to challenge.

Arsenal need a whole back line, better right winger than Walcott, a top striker and more squad depth. Their current squad and especially the starting 11 is nowhere near strong enough.

BBDD

Wouldn't say it was a crisis, but there is many things that could easily be improved.

This is were I differ, I don't think you do have a good set of defenders or replacements for those two. Rio has been your best defender the last two seasons and should be finished in a year or two.

Vidic has been up and down since injury and again won't have too long left at the top level due to the type of defender he is.

Evans and Jones are not good enough to be leaders or first choice with Man United, Jones has looked terrible at CB in every game I've watched him play there. Smalling is injury prone and inconsistent, he's your best bet to play CB in the future if he improves.

Fabio is not good enough.

The pace of your wingers on the counter attack made them look more accomplished, not a fan of any of those three. Nani is too flashy and goes missing far too often, Valencia is too one dimensional and finally been found out. Young has never been good enough. Zaha has potential, but will he make the grade?

Up front you might have issues due to Rooney's indifferent form becoming more evident, how long will Hernandez be happy to sit on the bench? Welbeck is not good enough and doesn't get near enough goals.

Agree with all of this bar the Anderson part, don't rate him at all. A midfielder being needed has been evident for everyone to see, although due to his style of thinking of 4-4-2 with fast wingers and counter attacking football I can actually see why Ferguson has not signed a more possession based midfielder. He clearly doesn't think that is what is needed at United, whilst everyone else believes it is. Probably the main criticism you could have of him at the moment.

Can't disagree with much of that, however I would say Ferguson's signings over the last two years suggests he trying to leave a young squad for the next Man United manager.
There are always improvements to be made (unless you're Bayern if truth be told). You have to have ludicrously high standards to get picky about our striker situation though for example, Rooney's been injured a lot this season, still has a 1 in 2 goal record with the most assists in the team, in an 'off-season' for him - Fergie's treating him like a dick for some reason. There is no issue there, although the manager is desperate to make an issue it seems. Hernandez is happy for now and he's obviously a fantastic squad option, Welbeck barely gets a game as a striker anymore which is a shame but he's certainly more of a goal threat than shown this season and has a lot of potential. RVP needs no explanation.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the centre backs, we do have the slight issue of being stuck in the awkward stage of a couple getting on and a couple not quite being there yet but I'd have that mainly down to game time, if we cut our losses tomorrow and said to Smalling, Jones and Evans, you're the main men I think they'd make great strides to show they've got what it takes to be at that level. Jones is only 20, and is suffering from being dicked around (are you noticing a theme here), he's been much better as a centre back this season. Vidic returning coincided with a marked improvement in our defending, he's been excellent in virtually every game. Again it's not perfect, but bar a complete overhaul and essentially greediness we'll just have to make do with what is hardly a pressing concern in the way our midfield is.

No idea why we'd decide Fabio isn't good enough. He's started CL quarter, semi finals and a final for us and been excellent, no idea why the fuck he was sent on loan (to a joke club like QPR no less), retarded decision, he's got the exact same potential as his brother, just not been given the games.

Our squad really isn't that young. Most of the young players he talks about about 22-23 or older now and he's still pushing them down the pecking order year after year so he can play Giggs and Scholes and players out of position. Pogba fucked off from our reserves and has played Champions League knock out ties for Juve, Powell has arrived and barely got a sniff of first team action. We're really not the haven for young players like we're talked about, Rafael should have been this good about 3 years ago, it took us until he was 22 to actually give him a proper run as first choice and only now do we reap the benefits.

Have to say, we could do a lot worse than trying to take Alex Song off you lot (I assume he's seen as dispensable)... Bring in a more attacking deep lying midfielder as well, and a winger to replace Nani, we're looking more complete than we have done in a very long time.

Last edited:

BBDD

On the Nani red card... What a pair of absolute reckless thugs these 2 fellows are :pep:

barcelona+bilbao+theirry+henry+control.jpg

images

Home of Barca Fans