Marc Bartra

Galning

I hope you're right but everything Martino has done so far hasn't convinced me that he'd be willing to sell Mascherano.

F

Flavia

I hope you're right but everything Martino has done so far hasn't convinced me that he'd be willing to sell Mascherano.

I still think he is a good coach. But if he insists in playing Masch instead of Bartra, after so many bad games, he is blind by something. But I'm hoping Benitez convinces Masch to go.

Galning

Yeah I like him as our coach as well so far, just my feeling I have with him & Masch. So far he has trusted him a bit too much even after major brainfarts.

Stric

So fara, Mascherano seems to be one half of Tata's favourite CB pair. The game against Athletic on Sunday is a chance to prove that at least somewhat wrong.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marc Bartra is likely to start against Athletic on Sunday. He would replace Javier Mascherano at centre back. #fcblive [mundo deportivo]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartesi!

dancehamsterjy7.gif

F

Flavia

So fara, Mascherano seems to be one half of Tata's favourite CB pair. The game against Athletic on Sunday is a chance to prove that at least somewhat wrong.

Hopefully. He's been the coach for long enough now. And after a defeat like that, he needs to start choosing who is performing, over the names.

The Observer

I still think he is a good coach. But if he insists in playing Masch instead of Bartra, after so many bad games, he is blind by something. But I'm hoping Benitez convinces Masch to go.

To be fair to Tata and Masch, Masch was our best centerback by far until Busquets injured him. He was a monster against Atletico Madrid for example. Then he came back from injury and made that mistake against Milan. Since then his confidence and rythm has gone. I think it's only fair from Tata to still trust him. Would be horrible man management if he immediately put him behind Bartra in the pecking order. We WILL still need Mascherano at some point this season. Bartra is getting eased in right now against the easier opponents. No one knows if he is ready to face elite teams yet. This is like the fans going mad that Puyol didn't start against Milan. But only now we realize that he's not back his old level yet (if ever). The coaching staff probably saw this right away before he even set a foot on the pitch. Similarly they will know the right time when Bartra should take over from Masch.

Cule4life

The Culest
To be fair to Tata and Masch, Masch was our best centerback by far until Busquets injured him. He was a monster against Atletico Madrid for example. Then he came back from injury and made that mistake against Milan. Since then his confidence and rythm has gone. I think it's only fair from Tata to still trust him. Would be horrible man management if he immediately put him behind Bartra in the pecking order. We WILL still need Mascherano at some point this season. Bartra is getting eased in right now against the easier opponents. No one knows if he is ready to face elite teams yet. This is like the fans going mad that Puyol didn't start against Milan. But only now we realize that he's not back his old level yet (if ever). The coaching staff probably saw this right away before he even set a foot on the pitch. Similarly they will know the right time when Bartra should take over from Masch.

Competing with an aging and eternally injured Puyol, Gerard "waka waka" Pique, and Marc "had 79 minutes of playtime last year until playing against Bayern and only playing when others are injured" Bartra isnt exactly hard. He has made mistakes repeatedly which shows he's not a CB and never will be. We are so used to our defence being mediocre that Masch being a king amongst the blind has somehow put the idea in some people's mind that being our best CB is equivalent to being a good CB worthy of Barca which he's not. Now that Bartra has gotten playing time and Pique is more focussed, the truth has come out and some people are finding it hard to accept.
Just like some people defending Pedro (who was at best above average and could only play when teams played against Barca differently) and not realizing that he didnt turn bad overnight

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Barcelona have offered Marc Bartra a 4-year renewal, until 2018. Agreement would be close, Barcelona prefer deal before Christmas. [el9]

Home of Barca Fans