Marc Bartra

Kerrybai

Bartra is a great example of why you should never write off a youngster too early. Back over the last 18 months he had some poor games and he didn't look like he would ever be up to the level of Barcelona. A lot of people had written him off.

Football fans are fickle and lack patience which is exactly what Bartra needed. I'm delighted for the guy and believe with hard work he can reach a very high level.

Antimadridista1

Has he been the 2nd best young CB this season after Marquinhos?

Bartra isn't young anymore. He'll turn 23 in january.

Marquinhos didn't defend that well this season (due to adaption in new club -> match against Olympiakos for exemple and he's not a starter in his club ; Silva and Alex are above of him in the hierarchy).

PacoBJuarez

He's been absolutely phenomenal. Couldn't be happier for him. The future starting duo of Pique-Bartra is looking more and more promising. The question is, what in the world do we do behind them? Puyol is on his last legs, which is extremely sad and depressing to admit, but it's true. Masch I still think should be sold, he doesn't have a place in this team. He can't play the type of DM we need, and he's not up to par at CB. Song and Busi are not CBs. So what happens for depth?

F

Flavia

Bartra: "Renewal? Everything is going very well and I hope things won't take too long anymore. My wish is to stay here for many more years."

Bartra: "I'm not directly involved in the talks as I prefer to focus totally on training and taking the chances the coach gives me." [el9]

PacoBJuarez

Bartra: "Renewal? Everything is going very well and I hope things won't take too long anymore. My wish is to stay here for many more years."

Bartra: "I'm not directly involved in the talks as I prefer to focus totally on training and taking the chances the coach gives me." [el9]

:party1:

Classy guy, I like it. And I hope what he says is true, we really need to keep him here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

And retire as a captain

Ronnie10

Marquinhos didn't defend that well this season (due to adaption in new club -> match against Olympiakos for exemple and he's not a starter in his club ; Silva and Alex are above of him in the hierarchy).

23 is very young for a defender. Majority of the defenders excel at late age.

He's been absolutely phenomenal. Couldn't be happier for him. The future starting duo of Pique-Bartra is looking more and more promising. The question is, what in the world do we do behind them? Puyol is on his last legs, which is extremely sad and depressing to admit, but it's true. Masch I still think should be sold, he doesn't have a place in this team. He can't play the type of DM we need, and he's not up to par at CB. Song and Busi are not CBs. So what happens for depth?

Masch is good enough for a bench CB. Buying one CB for depth should do imo.

How many games has he played so far this season ? Did he already play more than the whole last season ?

According to Wikipedia, he had 15 appearances last season, 8 of which were starts. He has 11 appearances this season, 5 of which are starts.

Last edited:

PacoBJuarez

Masch is good enough for a bench CB. Buying one CB for depth should do imo.

I suppose. I guess I would just rather have someone on the bench who has the potential to eventually someday be a starter. I would much prefer a young talent with a shot at a future to someone like Mascherano.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lol at those who say "He will be 23, that's not young, blah blah blah". Most of the defenders reach their peak in their late twenties/early thirties!

zealot

This is what I was talking about earlier in this thread. Too much is expected from YOUNG players today. Majority of them are not groomed properly, and the outstanding ones are given too much limelight.

I know other people has given their thoughts, but I wanna stress mine as well; at the age of 23 a footballer has to be considered a youngster whatever position they are playing. A prime age for a footballer is 26-30 y.o Bartra is nowhere near that phase yet.

Home of Barca Fans