Marc Bartra

Djab

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 6m

Marc #Bartra renews with #Barça till 2017 and has a new buy out clause of €25m

I think the buy out clause should be higher.

25 millions?! What a joke.
Happy for the renewal, though.
And it's his BD. Should be a good day for him today. :)

Last edited:

zanela

I wouldn't be surprised if it had a conditional clause allowing him to leave for 5M if he didn't play X no. of games. Our management is quite renowned at that. :rolleyes:

Trickykid

Now di Marzio has said the same. Good news. Buyout doesn't matter as long as he wants to stay.

Yeah, I agree. If he turns out to be good enough to warrant anyone paying 25M for him, then it means he'll be a regular starter, which in turn would mean that he'd have no reason at all to leave.

Good news all in all.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That's good business. It serves both the club and the player. If Bartra improves to the point where he is a cornerstone for the team, this contract is not final, it can always be extended and/or improved in a year or two.

Meanwhile, both the player and the team give themselves wiggle room to part ways if things don't work out.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
rab2pc.png

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah these contracts are definitely structured differently than under Txiki & Laporta but glad to see him finally taken care of...nothing like waiting until it was nearly too late...We'll see what happens with Montoya as well

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He probably wanted such a low buyout clause in case he would be strangled of playing time and have a way out.

The Observer

It's not low. € 25M for an unproven CB is steep. Especially as it is effectively € 25M + tax = over € 30 million. Transfer prices have been inflated lately but no one is going to pay that much for Bartra until he wins a starting place at Barca and proves himself in tough Champions League knockout games regularly. Once he develops that far he won't leave and get a new contract anyway.

Cule4life

The Culest
Happy BD. 25m isnt bad as long as Tito doesnt coach this team again. Laporte having buyout of 36m+tax is a mistake on his part not that its a standard.

Alarcón

Happy BD. 25m isnt bad as long as Tito doesnt coach this team again. Laporte having buyout of 36m+tax is a mistake on his part not that its a standard.

It's not a mistake but rather kind of a requirement to play for Athletic - they have very high buyouts on all of their players.

Cule4life

The Culest
It's not a mistake but rather kind of a requirement to play for Athletic - they have very high buyouts on all of their players.

I'm sure a player of his quality could have found another club that didn't insist on such a ridiculous buy out clause
By standard I meant in general for youngsters not Bilbao standards

Home of Barca Fans