Marc Bartra

F

Flavia

I'd say it's a pretty small possibility that Bartra and Puyol get injured in 2 consecutive games... but nevermind...

The game against sevilla is more important than this one today. Do you rather lose the cdr or la liga? He's just being cautious.

If he played Bartra, and something happened, Tata would be crucified for not thinking ahead as well.

I guess people just love to complain.

Alarcón

I guess people just love to complain.

No need to be condescending; I don't love to complain, I just expressed my opinion based on what I've seen from Tata so far... if what you say is really the reason for Tata not to play Bartra today, hats off to him, but then I wonder why Montoya shares the same fate.

F

Flavia

No need to be condescending; I don't love to complain, I just expressed my opinion based on what I've seen from Tata so far... if what you say is really the reason for Tata not to play Bartra today, hats off to him, but then I wonder why Montoya shares the same fate.

He has no other reason to not play Bartra. Those are the games when Tata plays him.
For montoya I don't know. He was injured 1-2 weeks ago. Maybe he's still not in top form.

footyfan

Calma, calma
DAT justification.

Why is Pique playing then? What if he gets injured? Why is Messi playing? Why is Xavi playing? Why is Busquets playing? Why is Cesc playing?

F

Flavia

DAT justification.

Why is Pique playing then? What if he gets injured? Why is Messi playing? Why is Xavi playing? Why is Busquets playing? Why is Cesc playing?

Those players are on a run of games, aren't they?

Bartra hasn't played in a while, that's why I'm assuming he was preserved for sevilla.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Those players are on a run of games, aren't they?

Bartra hasn't played in a while, that's why I'm assuming he was preserved for sevilla.

So then he's giving Bartra his first game in a long time in a must-win difficult match away? :thumbsup2:

F

Flavia

So then he's giving Bartra his first game in a long time in a must-win difficult match away? :thumbsup2:

It's not like he has an alternative. What else could he do? He could risk playing him, and being left with Pique and Puyol against sevilla.

Also, I think Tata wanted to give the players the chance to redeem themselves, and that's why Pique is playing.

Howes

Some people just love to complain. Tata sent out a squad that did it's job and I look forward to seeing a well rested bit still match for Bartra play against Seville

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's not like he has an alternative. What else could he do? He could risk playing him, and being left with Pique and Puyol against sevilla.

Also, I think Tata wanted to give the players the chance to redeem themselves, and that's why Pique is playing.

FYI I don't care about Bartra starting or not, I was only discussing the justification used. You cant possibly justify not putting him in the match day squad.

IMO there is no risk in playing Bartra, you have to play your players at some point. The risk of Bartra, a young defender getting injured is almost nil. Lets entertain your possibility for a second - that Bartra risks getting injured. It is a lot more likely that it will happen if the first game back is in an intense game like Sevilla away as compared to a meek one like Sociedad at home. As for him not having alternatives, that's just untrue. He could've maybe even subbed him on for a few minutes today to get some match fitness. Or better yet, started him, considering he's the second best defender.

Again this is not about Bartra getting playing time, but just the bad excuses.

F

Flavia

You may think it's bad, but if not for it, why would he leave Bartra out? The only other explanation is he is nuts, or worse, biased for Masch.

CatalinR10

Bartra should get a neck tattoo

BfvXYU0CAAA47_F.png:large

Home of Barca Fans