Marc Bartra

Trickykid

Exactly. Same with Puyol really, he might not be the guy who's going to play every single game until the final but he's still good for rotation and has a major effect on the dressing room. Always good to have him there.

Yeah, I agree.
I still have a hard time imagining a Spain NT without those two, and I bet that the entire squad, including Del Bosque, feels the same. Whether it's on the field or off, they will play a huge role come summer.

barcanuck

You claimed that he was in the squad only because of a gesture of good will from Del Bosque, which clearly isn't the case. He'll play the majority of the games because he's still the focal point of the team. You're probably right that he indeed has declined somewhat, but he's still a one of a kind player, who every single coach out there would die to have on his team. Xavi isn't done yet, not by a long shot.

Good will as in he will start every game even though he doesn't deserve it. I would put Isco instead of Xavi in a heart beat, but it's just because I can't stand to see Xavi go from extraordinary superhuman to a regular good player these days.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Good will as in he will start every game even though he doesn't deserve it. I would put Isco instead of Xavi in a heart beat, but it's just because I can't stand to see Xavi go from extraordinary superhuman to a regular good player these days.

If u saw the Villareal game u can see that Xavi properly rested is still the beast he was and Isco can't bring to the table what Xavi still does

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wouldn't play both Iniesta and Isco. They're both AM's. Thiago-Busquets-Iniesta would probably be the best midfield for Spain.

CatalinR10

Tw Bartra: "At the hotel ahead of tomorrow's game! Watching Panathinaikos - @FCBbasket ! Come on, Barça! #Euroleague

BfViVXIIgAE3V5j.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If he had been subbed on for Masch when he had that little injury I think we would've won. He could've easily added a lot to the team today.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If he had been subbed on for Masch when he had that little injury I think we would've won. He could've easily added a lot to the team today.

Definitely, Tata's favoritism towards Masch proved him wrong today. Even though Masch is having a great season with good performances against both Madrid sides. Bartra should be given more playing time because Pique-Bartra is probably our future.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Solution is simple play Masch at DM with Busi and bench one of Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta and play Barta + Pique.

Exactly what I was thinking Busi will have extra cover with Masch at his side who is still a super DM (as he plays for AFA) giving us stability in defense with Tata having played Masch to get over his mancrush with Bartresi and Piquenbauer to wrap up the defense. It would also make it 3 at the back when Masch join the CB if the fullbacks bomb forward giving us something we have been missing at the back. We will just need 1 additional CB for cover plus Masch can produce some killer through-balls like he sometimes does for AFA

Home of Barca Fans