Marc Bartra

CatalinR10

Didn't make the match squad vs Sociedad :facepalm:

post-28555-Jesse-Pinkman-WHAT-gif-HD-Brea-2SXe.gif

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

i think we should give tata a squad made up exclusively of south americans

Mascherano is suspended against Sevilla (5 yellow cards?) and Barta will have to play for sure. I can understand if Tata didn't want to risk him getting a stupid injury like Neymar last game.

Alarcón

There's no rule that says Bartra can't play 2 games in a row... I'd also like to believe that Tata doesn't want to risk an injury, but we all know the real reason is that he doesn't trust Bartra enough, which is absurd in the light of our defense's performance against Valencia.

F

Flavia

There's no rule that says Bartra can't play 2 games in a row... I'd also like to believe that Tata doesn't want to risk an injury, but we all know the real reason is that he doesn't trust Bartra enough, which is absurd in the light of our defense's performance against Valencia.

"We all know" nothing... If he played Bartra, and he got injury, who was he going to play against sevilla?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
"We all know" nothing... If he played Bartra, and he got injury, who was he going to play against sevilla?

This! So much this!

If Tata had played Bartra and he got injured, people would be all like "Fuck you Tata! Why'd you have to go and break Bartra, when you knew he was the only centerback we had left to pair Pique against Sevilla!? **rage, rage, rage**"

If Tata doesn't play Bartra, people are like "Damnit Tata, y u no have confidence in Bartresi!?!?!?!**rage, rage, rage***"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:

Alarcón

And when/if Puyol gets injured halfway against Sevilla? Who'd he play then? Sub in Montoya for LB and move Adriano to CB?

And if Montoya gets injured then? And Adriano? And Piqué? Will we play Bagnack then?

The normal case is that players don't get injured, especially defenders; and if they do, a team like Barça should have a squad deep enough to cover for those losses. A coach can't take such small possibilities into consideration.

Oh yeah... Puyol is not the same, I wouldn't rely on him against sevilla away. It'd be a disaster.

Me neither but Tata himself said that they wouldn't need a CB now that Puyol is back.

F

Flavia

And if Montoya gets injured then? And Adriano? And Piqué? Will we play Bagnack then?

The normal case is that players don't get injured, especially defenders; and if they do, a team like Barça should have a squad deep enough to cover for those losses. A coach can't take such small possibilities into consideration.

You're just forgetting masch is suspended. So, there'll be only one cb at the bench, Puyol. This is not a small possibility. If masch wasn't suspended, bartra would be playing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Okay I get it, it's probably an overreaction on my part to say that Barta and Puyol could both get injured. It's a freakish coincidence but it is one that happened to us last year when Puyol and Pique both went out.

But if it does happen again, we can play Messi at centerback. I recall a certain Pep Guardiola saying that Messi was one of the world's best defenders too. :troll:

Alarcón

You're just forgetting masch is suspended. So, there'll be only one cb at the bench, Puyol. This is not a small possibility. If masch wasn't suspended, bartra would be playing.

I'd say it's a pretty small possibility that Bartra and Puyol get injured in 2 consecutive games... but nevermind...

Home of Barca Fans