Marc Bartra

Pepe Silvia

Bartra is holding us down. Without him it would be a grade A train wreck. We are scraping by with results, but he is being exposed for his youth by smart players and that can hurt us in the stretch.

DinhoR10

Bartra is holding us down. Without him it would be a grade A train wreck. We are scraping by with results, but he is being exposed for his youth by smart players and that can hurt us in the stretch.

So he sucks but without him we would be even worse is what you're saying?

F

Flavia

It seems this is Marc's new gf:

Bl20uc-CcAEqonl.jpg:large

Melissa Jimenez, journalist. Really beautiful. Go Marc.

Stric

Damn. What happened to his previous GF? I don't remember her name, but as far as I remember from the pics, she was my all time favorite Barca WAG. :lol:

Bu3aLi

Needed for his height more than anything else.

He has potential to become a great CB imo.

Just needs time and a bit of patience.

Neeraj

I've been watching bartra closely over the last 2 seasons, obviously for the same reason that most people here have been excited about him - can he be our next main cb? I've been waiting all this while before I made my conclusion.

He isn't terrible, but unfortunately (I hope I'm wrong) I dont quite see him as being a top defender. We are barca. We need a Top defender. Every big team has one. Bartra isn't still a kid anymore and I think people should start seeing him for what he is rather than keep waiting on some magical potential to come through. The fact is, currently our defense is so horrendous, any defender, doesn't necessarily have to be a good one, but as long he is actually a defender, looks really good. Bartra isn't exactly a physical guy, though we keep brandishing His height around.;he isn't really able to muscle people out. We all know he isn't quick (bale goal was only one more example - he had a huge head start) and I don't think his positioning and 1 v 1 is very good..

I feel he is the kind of player we MIGHT be able to mske a squad player, part of the second choice of defenders that every team needs. But if you're going to try and make him your primary cb who starts in your best XI, then we have a problem.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

DinhoR10

I've been watching bartra closely over the last 2 seasons, obviously for the same reason that most people here have been excited about him - can he be our next main cb? I've been waiting all this while before I made my conclusion.

He isn't terrible, but unfortunately (I hope I'm wrong) I dont quite see him as being a top defender. We are barca. We need a Top defender. Every big team has one. Bartra isn't still a kid anymore and I think people should start seeing him for what he is rather than keep waiting on some magical potential to come through. The fact is, currently our defense is so horrendous, any defender, doesn't necessarily have to be a good one, but as long he is actually a defender, looks really good. Bartra isn't exactly a physical guy, though we keep brandishing His height around.;he isn't really able to muscle people out. We all know he isn't quick (bale goal was only one more example - he had a huge head start) and I don't think his positioning and 1 v 1 is very good..

I feel he is the kind of player we MIGHT be able to mske a squad player, part of the second choice of defenders that every team needs. But if you're going to try and make him your primary cb who starts in your best XI, then we have a problem.

He pulled up in the bale goal dani alves and pinto were more to blame for that, hes faster than Masch pique , alves and has even outrun montoya at times with montoya having a head start. And I dont know how you can say a guy who recovers something like 25 balls a game has bad positioning. With him on the pitch we suddenly look ok on set pieces and balls over the top. Kid made one mistake since Pique came back and the haters come down like an avalanche.

Ajking88

Good post, agree completely.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

Looking at his game against Real Madrid he was the players who recovered most balls on the pitch (14), also scored a the only goal for us. But I guess all of his ball recoverys were lucky ones and he didn't position himself good. And about Bale, the guy has hella pace and Bartra being injured didn't help him at all. I don't know what your definition of a top defender is but please tell me.

DinhoR10

Looking at his game against Real Madrid he was the players who recovered most balls on the pitch (14), also scored a the only goal for us. But I guess all of his ball recoverys were lucky ones and he didn't position himself good. And about Bale, the guy has hella pace and Bartra being injured didn't help him at all. I don't know what your definition of a top defender is but please tell me.

Thank you +1.

Home of Barca Fans