Marc Bartra

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Does anyone remember varane getting roflstomped by hummels or is It just me? :lol:

Who can forget?

4b7c9_859157155.gif

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Varane played one decent clasico and scored in two and the world couldn't do anything else but call this kid the next shizz. Well he is not. Id rather have a Bartra than a Varane.

Bartra was thrown into the deep without any decent preparations. He was torn apart by Bayern and had a shitstorm. People at that time were convinced that he is not good enough for Barca. He didn't gave up, the love for his club brought him where he is today.

Varane on the other hand became world famous by scoring in two consecutive Clasico's. It has been almost a year and he hasn't shown anything to impress. He was at fault for two goals in one match against Juve last season. Hummels totally humiliated him and people still think he is one of the best in the world. The truth is he has been floating on a golden cloud for more than a year now just because of those Clasico's.

Bartra will continue to impress, the kid has a thrive to succeed at Barca.. While Varane is warming the bench in Madrid.

Zangash

Banned
Varane played one decent clasico and scored in two and the world couldn't do anything else but call this kid the next shizz. Well he is not. Id rather have a Bartra than a Varane.

Bartra was thrown into the deep without any decent preparations. He was torn apart by Bayern and had a shitstorm. People at that time were convinced that he is not good enough for Barca. He didn't gave up, the love for his club brought him where he is today.

Varane on the other hand became world famous by scoring in two consecutive Clasico's. It has been almost a year and he hasn't shown anything to impress. He was at fault for two goals in one match against Juve last season. Hummels totally humiliated him and people still think he is one of the best in the world. The truth is he has been floating on a golden cloud for more than a year now just because of those Clasico's.

Bartra will continue to impress, the kid has a thrive to succeed at Barca.. While Varane is warming the bench in Madrid.

Exactly. People will try to crucify you if you say Bartra is better than Varane because he tackled Messi a few times and scored in a couple of Clasicos, but after that he quickly went back to just being average. His legend is far better than he is, it seems.

Autumn

Burc-ZKIQAAAAc_.jpg

Bartresi. :worthy:
Just to be fair to Varane, Bartra played 1.467 times as many minutes.

So if we extrapolate Varane's stats, here would be the numbers per 20 games.
Defense Score: 318.9 vs 213
Tackles Won: 41 vs 11.736
Successful Tackles: 12 vs 5.868
Aerial Duels Won: 42 vs 38.142
Interceptions: 57 vs 32.274
Blocks: 12 vs 11.736
Clearances: 72 vs 71.883

Much closer in some categories, but clearly overall Bartra was still quite a bit better than Varane last season. He also averages a higher attacking performance as well :).

Hopefully all this competition is only going to mold him to an even stronger defender.

CuleLife4Life

Bartra is one of my favorite young players and I have high hopes for him but you can't possibly be serious trying to downplay Varane's potential as well. The kid was a starting CB for France. He got unlucky with injury this past season and then that dirty POS Pepe managed to have one good season of actually being a defender, got his spot back.

I do think he needs to work on some things to get better but I see him taking Pepe's starting spot this year.

Varane just turned 21 while Bartra is 23 as well. If it was possible to do a reverse Figo, I'd pray to get Varane. Knowing RM they'll probably try to sell him though. He's been asking for a raise and more minutes.

khaled_a_d

Varane was one of the best CBs in the WC ,that goal by Hummels might be his mistake(eventhough he still made it difficult for Hummels,it was just a good play by the Geman) he still had a fantastic world cup performance
He was always better than Bartra in every aspect,aerial challnges,positioning ,phyiscal aspect ,yes Varane is a bit overrated right now but Bartra is way overrated by Barca fans
You say he was torn apart by Bayern and and had a shitstorm ,well you seem to forgot that Barca fans here thought he was brilliant in the 2 games ,there are prople who would find every performance for him amazing and world class no matter how bad is it

Antimadridista1

Varane was one of the best CBs in the WC ,that goal by Hummels might be his mistake(eventhough he still made it difficult for Hummels,it was just a good play by the Geman) he still had a fantastic world cup performance
He was always better than Bartra in every aspect,aerial challnges,positioning ,phyiscal aspect ,yes Varane is a bit overrated right now but Bartra is way overrated by Barca fans
You say he was torn apart by Bayern and and had a shitstorm ,well you seem to forgot that Barca fans here thought he was brilliant in the 2 games ,there are prople who would find every performance for him amazing and world class no matter how bad is it

He wasn't. He is the reason why France got eliminated in this World cup against Germany and the work rate of France ( two lines of 4) against the likes of Ecuador, Switzerland and Honduras made it easy for him. He wasn't exposed at all.
This guy is injury-prone and I agree that atm, I would rather have Bartra than Varane in my squad.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He wasn't. He is the reason why France got eliminated in this World cup against Germany and the work rate of France ( two lines of 4) against the likes of Ecuador, Switzerland and Honduras made it easy for him. He wasn't exposed at all.
This guy is injury-prone and I agree that atm, I would rather have Bartra than Varane in my squad.

+1

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i would really like to believe that BARtra is better than VARANE but so far as much as i have seen, VARANE is much better than our own kid.

L

linetty

I dont know where the common consensus that Varane is better than Bartra came from because it's utter bullshit

Home of Barca Fans